REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:29 PM   #26
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -EuroRSN- View Post
^ dude u need to learn to shut the fuck up!
Awwww did I hurt baby Eugene's feelings?
Advertisement

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #27
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -EuroRSN- View Post
^ dude u need to learn to shut the fuck up!
He's quite irritating isn't he?
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:31 AM   #28
V35
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

LOL CRS is hilarious!!!!! Hahahhahah

But you are wrong dude.

Only pussies don't dispute, 9 out of 10 times it's better to dispute, chances of a lower fine or police not showing up.. And besides usually if the cop was a dick it's a great place to give him a taste of your mind lol

Last edited by V35; 12-21-2010 at 12:37 AM.
V35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:08 AM   #29
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Yep...take a day off work while the Cop is paid to be there, take a chance on loosing your case and paying the indicated penalty instead of going for the $25 discount...and really, the court proceedings include the JP who will not permit you to "give him a taste of your mind". Do that and you end up in contempt of court. Many times I have seen people with that attitude talk themselves into a heap of trouble...get the JP mad at you and I have seen fines go up. Appear in court and actually tell the truth, state a reasonable case and behave yourself and there is a possibility that you may get off, if you are indeed innocent or the Crown did not prove their case, or you may get a reduced fine if it is permitted. Do what you said and you will get what is coming to you.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #30
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

IMO yours your right to go to court. uts his jiob to issue tickets for violations. if he did not give you 2 tickets at that time then you obviously didnt deserve 2. he cant just add a ticket later on. also you will not be held lable for wasting the courts time as it is your right as a canadian citizen, although your excuse is weak, just say you didnt know and you have leanred your lesson and are hoping tha the courts would either be able to pardon you or offer you a decreased fine as you are in a psoition of financial hardship.
1995 BMW 540i
nando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #31
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nando View Post
IMO yours your right to go to court. uts his jiob to issue tickets for violations. if he did not give you 2 tickets at that time then you obviously didnt deserve 2. he cant just add a ticket later on. also you will not be held lable for wasting the courts time as it is your right as a canadian citizen, although your excuse is weak, just say you didnt know and you have leanred your lesson and are hoping tha the courts would either be able to pardon you or offer you a decreased fine as you are in a psoition of financial hardship.
Actually according to the OP, he did deserve 2 charges but the issuing Officer used some discretion and chose to only issue the one VT. At any time up to 12 months after the original offence date the second VT could be issued...but it is at the discretion of the issuing Police.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #32
I am grateful grapefruit

Disregard any advice given by any of the officers on this forum. This guy, nando, sounds legit.

[/sarcasm]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nando View Post
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: