REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

View Poll Results: Are you for or against the Fail button?
I am FOR the Fail button, please bring it back. 354 75.64%
I am AGAINST the Fail button. 114 24.36%
Voters: 468. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2010, 01:00 AM   #226
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
Another chapter in the RS Saga closed... thanks mods
Advertisement
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:11 AM   #227
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
I am sorry, a bunch of RS strangers will not care about your internet feelings.

And surely, your internet identity means nothing to us... Unless you become a RS legend, like Jeffield or AsNoobAsItGets, that's turning your internet identity to real life crisis.
Then we agree... like my post says its not really that important to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by goo3 View Post
If it makes you feel any better, before this thread, nobody knew who the fuck you were.

Now you're known as the thin-skinned guy who can't take fails cuz u judge ppl based on who you think they are rather than what they say.
I don't know where your getting that from, not me, Soundy's hackneyed post maybe. Thin skin has fuck all to do with why I don't support the fail, but this discussion has been settled by the mod staff, so time to move on.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-27-2010, 01:14 AM   #228
d1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

How did the admins come up with a limit of 5? I don't think I've ever used more than 5 fails a day.
d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2010, 01:19 AM   #229
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
^i used it more than 5 times a day on arash's thread
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:28 AM   #230
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltaaa77 View Post
people who lost there fail buttons should be given another chance with the new rules applied
so i gather that only certain members were allowed back access to the fail button while others are not?

for one, i don't have it and not sure why.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2010, 07:27 AM   #231
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
A high fail count affects people's perception of my online identity, which is on some level important to me, I don't want to be the laughing stock of RS after all;
You know what affects your "online identity" and makes you look like a complete douche?

WHINING ABOUT SOMETHING AS INCONSEQUENTIAL AS FAILS.

You don't want to be a laughing stock? Then don't be the next :noob:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #232
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
You know what affects your "online identity" and makes you look like a complete douche?

WHINING ABOUT SOMETHING AS INCONSEQUENTIAL AS FAILS.

You don't want to be a laughing stock? Then don't be the next :noob:.
You know what makes you a complete douche?

Your obsession over the fact that someone disagrees with your opinion on an issue, I never whined, I stated my thoughts. Some people agree with them, some don't; thats just the way life is.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #233
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
ITS BACKKKKKK

> 2005 Acura TSX ASPEC <
> 2003 Acura RSX-S <
> 1994 Acura Intergra LS <
> 1994 Honda Civic SI <
> 1991 Acura Integra GS < ( RIP )
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #234
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
thanks for bringing it back
Old 12-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #235
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:

Your obsession over the fact that someone disagrees with your opinion on an issue, I never whined, I stated my thoughts. Some people agree with them, some don't; thats just the way life is.
Way to add fuel to the fire.
Posted via RS Mobile
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #236
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Democracy does work at RS

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #237
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:

Your obsession over the fact that someone disagrees with your opinion on an issue, I never whined, I stated my thoughts.
Complaining about something that has no consequence in real OR online life = whining.

Suck it up, princess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:24 PM   #238
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
so i gather that only certain members were allowed back access to the fail button while others are not?

for one, i don't have it and not sure why.
Its not a bad idea if its used correctly. In my situation when i first joined by the first week i was at 100 posts and i got my fail button the same week asianXL track failed all my posts so i message Aznboi about the situation ( i thought since he was nice on 6thgenaccord.com and since we both own 6th gen accords he could do something for me) however he simply replyed " dont take it seriously, its just the internet." so i thought ok i guess you are allowed to track fail people therfore i failed 10 of asianXL's posts ( i was kinda sketch because i didnt want to get banned) so SkinnyPupp decided to take my FAIL button away because i "abused it" so i explained to him what really happend and even forwarded my convo with Aznboi but unforunatly all mods think alike and he decided not too message me back.

So yes taking away the button from REAL abusers is a good idea however not from people that have good excuses. MODS should research what really happens before taking further action, instead of just flexing their mod muscles. And the what hell is up with mods not replying to messages? i basically messaged most mods and none of them emailed me back and the ones that did just gave me 3 word answers and that was " Talk - to - Skinnypupp"

If i abused my fail button and if they took it away fair and square i wouldnt care as much as i do right now but when things are done unfairly it gets me a little pissed.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:49 PM   #239
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
I don't have my fail button back either and I don't remember it ever being taken away before this.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #240
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Skinnypupp is the only one that is able to take away/give the button back iirc. Which is why they would all be telling you to contact him. No point in wasting people's time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:15 PM   #241
xxx

Quote:
Its not a bad idea if its used correctly. In my situation when i first joined by the first week i was at 100 posts and i got my fail button the same week asianXL track failed all my posts so i message Aznboi about the situation ( i thought since he was nice on 6thgenaccord.com and since we both own 6th gen accords he could do something for me) however he simply replyed " dont take it seriously, its just the internet." so i thought ok i guess you are allowed to track fail people therfore i failed 10 of asianXL's posts ( i was kinda sketch because i didnt want to get banned) so SkinnyPupp decided to take my FAIL button away because i "abused it" so i explained to him what really happend and even forwarded my convo with Aznboi but unforunatly all mods think alike and he decided not too message me back.

So yes taking away the button from REAL abusers is a good idea however not from people that have good excuses. MODS should research what really happens before taking further action, instead of just flexing their mod muscles. And the what hell is up with mods not replying to messages? i basically messaged most mods and none of them emailed me back and the ones that did just gave me 3 word answers and that was " Talk - to - Skinnypupp"

If i abused my fail button and if they took it away fair and square i wouldnt care as much as i do right now but when things are done unfairly it gets me a little pissed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
I don't have my fail button back either and I don't remember it ever being taken away before this.
lol same I don't have the button and don't remember it being taken away prior to this. Strange because I didn't use it that often and certainly did not abuse it. Guess I should talk to skinnypup.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:16 PM   #242
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

shiet, the fail button is back
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #243
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.T View Post
lol same I don't have the button and don't remember it being taken away prior to this. Strange because I didn't use it that often and certainly did not abuse it. Guess I should talk to skinnypup.
just a warning, its gonna take him a good 3-4 months too reply. Thats IF he decides too reply.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #244
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

don't jack-off your FAILS now...
ZhangFei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:57 PM   #245
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:

hrm, my fail button was never taken away from me prior to this event and so far i've only given out 25 fails. i have no idea was going on.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:42 AM   #246
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,775 Times in 8,169 Posts
Don't contact me, leave a post in the support forum if you have any questions regarding fail/thanks. If I ever disabled fails, it was because the mods requested it, not because I have some personal issue with you.

If a mod asked you to ask me, then they shouldn't have. Post it in the forum, that's what it's there for.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2010, 06:45 AM   #247
xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Don't contact me, leave a post in the support forum if you have any questions regarding fail/thanks. If I ever disabled fails, it was because the mods requested it, not because I have some personal issue with you.

If a mod asked you to ask me, then they shouldn't have. Post it in the forum, that's what it's there for.
lol but then:

http://www.revscene.net/forums/fail-...ml#post7243513

Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote