REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Fail Button - Are you for or against the Fail button? (POLL) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/633275-fail-button-you-against-fail-button-poll.html)

hchang 12-21-2010 12:59 AM

Fail Button - Are you for or against the Fail button? (POLL)

So with all the controversy (kind of) with the Fail Button being taken away, I'm curious to see how the actual numbers stack up for the Fail button so here is a poll.

Do you prefer Revscene with a fail button, or without?

If you have no clue whatsoever as to what I'm talking about, please click and read the following link.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/revsc....html?t=633260

No need to voice your opinions in this thread, unless you want to.

-EuroRSN- 12-21-2010 01:08 AM

Just cause a few ppl cried about getting "failed" so much doesnt mean we should take it away. Some people truly do fucking fail lol and I want to let them know about it oh wait there is no fail button...nvm :( guess its all verbal abuse from here

I say keep THE FAIL BUTTON!

Culverin 12-21-2010 01:10 AM

Fail let's me know when I've done or posted or said something stupid.

If there were no fails, people wouldn't run searches before they posted their topics. (Assuming the search works).

I think I've got more fails than thanks. Makes sense to me.

TypeRNammer 12-21-2010 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -EuroRSN- (Post 7235609)
Just cause a few ppl cried about getting "failed" so much doesnt mean we should take it away. Some people truly do fucking fail lol and I want to let them know about it oh wait there is no fail button...nvm :( guess its all verbal abuse from here

I say keep THE FAIL BUTTON!

Keep it so I can fail EuroRSN discovering SR Auto :troll:

:fuckyea:

Berzerker 12-21-2010 01:17 AM

^^^ hahah Gold thread.

Berz out.

boss_clad 12-21-2010 01:17 AM

the fail button is like communism,

it could work,

but too many people don't know how to use it.

i think there should be something along the lines of "disagree" or "dislike"

hchang 12-21-2010 01:22 AM

Here's my take on the subject.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hchang (Post 7235544)
Honestly, I'm kind of against this Fail function being removed.

I always proof read my posts prior to posting to avoid Fails, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Now with the Fail button removed I'm 99% sure everybody who proof reads, including myself will not proof read as often, or might not even proof read at all, which will result in a lot of hard to read/understand posts.

Yes, it can help derail threads, but now Fight Club will be more empty than it already is, if e-thugs can't get mad over somebody failing one of their posts.

The Fail Button helps me screen through the good and bad posts in the Fucked up shit that makes you laugh forum, as well as the Twanger and White Chicks thread.

Revscene is the only forum I've ever seen that has anything as unique as the Fail button, and while I thought it was retarded in the beginning, I found that it actually is kind of fun, entertaining and useful.

Not having a fail button is like being in a Kindergarten Class, where you have to play nice all the time, and can only encourage each other. I see the good in taking away the fails, but I believe the bad outweighs the good.

Just my two cents.

jpark 12-21-2010 01:23 AM

i liked the fail button at least on the fucked up shit that makes you laugh thread so i could filter through which vids are worthy to watch or not lol

Bouncing Bettys 12-21-2010 01:25 AM

Revscene seemed to do alright before the thanks/fail buttons. There are rules and powers in place to keep posters in check.

MelonBoy 12-21-2010 01:28 AM

er.. i bet the people who are complaining about the fail button are the ones who keep getting failed for stupid shit they post.. >.> I mean if you take out the fail button you might as well take out the thanks toooooo :O

This aint no communist forum we need choices! :D

(GG i bet some people wana fail me after this post.. suckaaaa's)

donjalapeno 12-21-2010 01:35 AM

people take advantage of it....for example

trolling posts and failing
failing personal opionion

and taking away fail buttons was a stupid idea too, just another way too get heated arguements going, last thing we want is people hating on eachother.

hchang 12-21-2010 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soltaaa77 (Post 7235635)
failing personal opionion

Yeah but you also fail and thank people based on person opinion as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Oni KyoKan (Post 7204149)
Rules: don't abuse it.

Thank when you want.
Fail when you want, but don't troll around, following people's posts and failing it because you can. Fail a post? Atleast have a reason for it.

Ps: management reserve the right to remove fail/thanks from anyone, anytime, for reasons we see fit.

It's very simple. Fail/thanks started as a novelty. Shall remain that way. If it changes we'll axe it.
Posted via RS Mobile

FN-2199 12-21-2010 01:41 AM

I don't mind the fail button anywhere except for the Buy & Sell.

Buy & Sell should be as professional as possible, and should strictly be for business. No need for fails there, regardless of what retards post.

Vansterdam 12-21-2010 01:54 AM

The fuck

How about you gove me back my fail button and remove my thanks instead :D
Posted via RS Mobile

maxxxboost 12-21-2010 01:58 AM

I think the fail button is a part of RS, same with all the emoticon that was created over the years.

Everyone can do without it, but it's just another option to have.

.....I like options.

deep87 12-21-2010 02:03 AM

how about limiting fails available per day to like 5? or have the amount based off of joindate/posts/thanks or something?

atleast that way it actually means something/you'll think twice about failing someone

shenmecar 12-21-2010 02:11 AM

WTF, Removing the FAIL button is FAIL. I SAY BRING IT BACK!

Oleophobic 12-21-2010 02:11 AM

i think the fail button also prevents some people from posting what could be pretty interesting threads because they are afraid of getting failed and "ruining" their perfect fail free record.

Hard to find the balance, but other popular forums don't have fail buttons and they have no problem handling spam. I think it's safer to encourage people to post rather than discourage them. The fail button indirectly discourages people from posting. No matter how minor this effect is, it's still there.

ok iono wtf I'm saying cuz it's late but you get the idea.

ajax 12-21-2010 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.T (Post 7235665)
i think the fail button also prevents some people from posting what could be pretty interesting threads because they are afraid of getting failed and "ruining" their perfect fail free record.

Hard to find the balance, but other popular forums don't have fail buttons and they have no problem handling spam. I think it's safer to encourage people to post rather than discourage them. The fail button indirectly discourages people from posting. No matter how minor this effect is, it's still there.

ok iono wtf I'm saying cuz it's late but you get the idea.

I see what you're trying to get at but if you're scared to post something because you'll get "failed" then you need to grow a pair.

I already miss the fail button and had withdrawls while in the fucked up shit thread.
Posted via RS Mobile

hchang 12-21-2010 02:41 AM

As of 3:41 am we are currently sitting at

42 FOR the Fail button
and
14 AGAINST the Fail button.

Definitely curious to see how this pans out tomorrow morning.

Night everybody, and thanks for voting!

AzNightmare 12-21-2010 02:44 AM

Fail will be coming back I think...
If not... this poll would be self defeating.

asian_XL 12-21-2010 03:03 AM

I give out about all 10 fails every day to people I dislike. 10 fails x 30days = 300 fails in one month. Thank you, please keep it.

SkinnyPupp 12-21-2010 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRESHvibe (Post 7235641)
I don't mind the fail button anywhere except for the Buy & Sell.

Buy & Sell should be as professional as possible, and should strictly be for business. No need for fails there, regardless of what retards post.

Buy and Sell will be replaced by a dedicated classified section... *soon*

orange7 12-21-2010 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7235701)
Buy and Sell will be replaced by a dedicated classified section... *soon*

:eek::eek:

nice!

Gnomes 12-21-2010 04:56 AM

At first I was against it cuz I see a lot of stupid fails being given out for no reason. It's only now when I start seeing them used a bit more responsibly. It would be great if we can fail people BUT give a mandatory reason why (eg. repost, logic fail, ugly NLS picture, etc).