REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-31-2010, 08:57 AM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
For those that are arguing that because a car is parked illegally, they will always be at fault in an accident?

Sweet!

I'll just find any car that's parked illegally and start ramming it on purpose... I won't be at fault, right?
Lol, that's what I first thought. Buy a beater and go cruisin' for illegally parked cars.

Anyways, update:

100% other party fault
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:44 AM   #27
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhall View Post
parking lot accidents always go 50/50 from what Ive heard.
You heard wrong

Quote:
one thing for sure is ICBC will fuck you every chance they get. I got rear ended by a semi truck and somehow its 50/50
again not true
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:55 AM   #28
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
You heard wrong

again not true
yes I did hear wrong, thats why I didnt make a statment as if I knew.

and I guess your right, I am wrong about the events in my own life. If you think ICBC wont fuck you over when they get a chance open your eyes and wake up from your fancy little dream world. give them the chance they will take it for one simple reason: It saves them MONEY!
Old 12-31-2010, 11:31 AM   #29
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Everytime i have had to deal with ICBC they have been nothing but fair.
Your choice of words towards a company is unfair to them
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:21 PM   #30
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
Everytime i have had to deal with ICBC they have been nothing but fair
before July I would have agree'd with you. What Ive found is they will be fair when they have to. If you have a witness, or a strong legal case ect. I was rear ended by a semi truck, and because he only damaged the left tail light and surrounding area they have given me 50% of the blame, because the entire rear end of my car wasnt damaged. I didnt have a witness, the guy left the scene of the accident. Yes, a hit and run and I have somehow been found partially at fault. My choice of words is justified, in my opinion of course. Lets not argue, just trade opinions like adults
Old 12-31-2010, 12:31 PM   #31
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
one thing for sure is ICBC will fuck you every chance they get. I got rear ended by a semi truck and somehow its 50/50
Jayhall is Revscene's answer to the Vicki Gabereau ads.

All bullshit aside.. the Demystifier stuff on ICBC's website is pretty good reading. Too bad it's not in Chinese..
Old 01-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #32
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintyGreenTea View Post
Still go through ICBC but pay out on your own and your premiums won't raise.
that is the best route
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #33
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
parking lot accidents always go 50/50 from what Ive heard.
Absolutely untrue.

My sister was driving through an apartment parking lot once, bimbo in another car backed out of a spot and right into the side of sis's car. Bimbo was deemed 100% at fault for backing out when it wasn't safe to do so.

Kicker was, sis was driving our grandfather's '67 LeSabre... bimbo was driving a Civic. Back end of the Civic was demolished... front fender of the Buick barely had a scratch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #34
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
before July I would have agree'd with you. What Ive found is they will be fair when they have to. If you have a witness, or a strong legal case ect. I was rear ended by a semi truck, and because he only damaged the at left tail light and surrounding area they have given me 50% of the blame, because the entire rear end of my car wasnt damaged. I didnt have a witness, the guy left the scene of the accident. Yes, a hit and run and I have somehow been found partially at fault. My choice of words is justified, in my opinion of course. Lets not argue, just trade opinions like adults
There must be more to this story than your letting on, not trying to say that in an insulting way, that just doesn't make sense to me. I thought that in a rear end collision the car in back was always 100% at fault?
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #35
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

doesn't matter where you're parked - If you're not moving it's not your fault.

If you go through ICBC they shouldn't find you at fault.
shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #36
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Just to give u guys a heads up that there is NO way 2 pay a claim back that has bodily injuries. Basically u cant pay off the claim. Ur stuck with ur discount going up.

and if ur gf complains about pain. i would report it. but think about how many cases adjusters go through a day, they know that at worst ur gf would prob need painkillers and a day or 2 of rest. If u start pullin bullshit, ICBC will come back at you for lying.

just my 2cents
-10 Fit
umpadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #37
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpadupa View Post
Just to give u guys a heads up that there is NO way 2 pay a claim back that has bodily injuries. Basically u cant pay off the claim. Ur stuck with ur discount going up.
That is not entirely true. If the claim is settled before you renew your insurance, you can pay back the claim without losing your discounts. But the problem is most injury claims take more than 1 year to settle. You will most likely have to renew your insurance before you can pay back the claim. Once you lose the discount you cannot go back. That's why in 99.9% of the cases injury claim is not paid back by the party that's at fault.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:46 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledog View Post
That is not entirely true. If the claim is settled before you renew your insurance, you can pay back the claim without losing your discounts. But the problem is most injury claims take more than 1 year to settle. You will most likely have to renew your insurance before you can pay back the claim. Once you lose the discount you cannot go back. That's why in 99.9% of the cases injury claim is not paid back by the party that's at fault.
actually thats not true at all. once an "injury" claim has been made, the claim is deemed non-payable. What u said is only true for damages 2 the vehicles with no injury to a person during the claim.

yes most injury claims take anywhere form 1month - 2.5yrs to settle. BUT the person at fault for the accident has already been charged with it. The discount will be deducted from that person on their next renewal without a chance of pay back.
-10 Fit
Old 01-03-2011, 12:58 AM   #39
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpadupa View Post
actually thats not true at all. once an "injury" claim has been made, the claim is deemed non-payable. What u said is only true for damages 2 the vehicles with no injury to a person during the claim.

yes most injury claims take anywhere form 1month - 2.5yrs to settle. BUT the person at fault for the accident has already been charged with it. The discount will be deducted from that person on their next renewal without a chance of pay back.
That was based on what an adjuster told me a few years back. Maybe things have changed?

All in all go with what your adjuster/ICBC says.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #40

LOL lots of shit has changed. Icbc updates every month LOL cuz ppl making claims alway finds loop holes.

Yes listen 2 ur adjuster, but becareful what u sign.
-10 Fit
Old 01-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #41
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,098 Times in 1,194 Posts
Maybe your gf's neck pain is from something else?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #42
I'm invisible

Bodily injury (BI) is considered an KOL code 21. I would say about 99.9% of claims that have bodily injury, aren't not payable. The remaining 0.1% can be payable. There are claims that are paid back even with BI.

As for the crs discount: If it has never affect any previous polices in the past, and assuming no bodily injury, the customer can always pay the claim back to keep their discount.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Maybe your gf's neck pain is from something else?
lol. lets not go there.

so il give a lil update..

100 % other guys fault. since its a low velocity accident, icbc said they wont pay out any money, other than to reimburse for medical treatment.

In my wifes case her neck really did hurt, and the doctor told her to take 1-2 weeks off work. Still hurts. So we got a lawyer.

And this really wasnt a little bump. the lady reversed pretty hard and cracked the front of my car. it was a clai in an suv for those wondering.

just keep in mind it doesnt take much, even a little jerk can cause neck and shoulder pain. when dealing with icbc remember the claim adjuster will act nice, but are out to screw you out of any money. so my advice, if you dont feel 100%, dont accept NO for an answer.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #44
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

goodjob
AccordCouped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #45
I bringith the lowerballerith

quick question
low velocity accident = icbc no pay?
or is it because the cost to fix your bumper is lower than the person's deductible?
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:43 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
quick question
low velocity accident = icbc no pay?
or is it because the cost to fix your bumper is lower than the person's deductible?
Not exactly sure what the criteria for low velocity. It could be a combination of low speed, small amount of damage, or either.

If that's the case, they will only pay to fix the vehicle and any medical expenses incurred. Only problem is, they only take the vehicle into consideration, not anyone possibly hurt.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #47
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
There must be more to this story than your letting on, not trying to say that in an insulting way, that just doesn't make sense to me. I thought that in a rear end collision the car in back was always 100% at fault?
thats the jist of it, in a nut shell. To expand a little more it was in traffic where two lanes merge into one from nordel onto the Alex Fraser. Guy in the truck was trying to not let me go on my turn to go, he started driving into my lane so I got out of his way. I was clear out of his way fully in the lane when he rammed me on purpose. I pulled over to exchange information and he left the scene of the accident. 50/50 somehow??
Old 01-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #48
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Not so.

It may be the case 99% of the time, but there are exceptions... like if someone swings unexpectedly into your lane and you hit him.

Case in point: I was heading down Kingsway westbound, coming up to Victoria. I was in the left lane coming up to a stale red, no cars between me and the stop line, and five or six cars lined up in the middle lane. I was slowing down, but not too much because I knew the light was about to change, and I had a good six or seven car lengths before the intersection.

Well, idiotstick in a Jetta at the back of the line in the middle lane decided to change lanes right in front of me, only he did it really quick and got straightened out the instant before I smacked into his rear end despite slamming on my brakes...

ICBC determined it was 100% my fault, according to the adjuster, because I'd hit his rear bumper square-on. He told me if I'd hit the end or corner of the Jetta's bumper, it would have shown that he cut me off and was still on an angle, but because I hit it straight-on, that indicated I should have had enough time to brake and avoid him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #49
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison_Chen View Post
Bodily injury (BI) is considered an KOL code 21. I would say about 99.9% of claims that have bodily injury, aren't not payable. The remaining 0.1% can be payable. There are claims that are paid back even with BI.

As for the crs discount: If it has never affect any previous polices in the past, and assuming no bodily injury, the customer can always pay the claim back to keep their discount.
Sounds like you have a RACFID
dai3yuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #50
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
thats the jist of it, in a nut shell. To expand a little more it was in traffic where two lanes merge into one from nordel onto the Alex Fraser. Guy in the truck was trying to not let me go on my turn to go, he started driving into my lane so I got out of his way. I was clear out of his way fully in the lane when he rammed me on purpose. I pulled over to exchange information and he left the scene of the accident. 50/50 somehow??
So it's not just a rear-ender, it's a lane change with a rear-ender. I'm assuming that your car was at an angle so when the other person hit you only 1 side was damaged?
dai3yuen is offline   Reply With Quote