REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   IMPARK - do you pay your tickets? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/634350-impark-do-you-pay-your-tickets.html)

und3f3at3d 09-25-2015 09:48 AM

^^for Kwantlen, Ive paid less than 5 times during my whole time spent getting my bachelors. Probably over 15 tickets a semester and never got towed lol, never changed my plate also

RevYouUp 09-25-2015 01:39 PM

I have probably around 8 tickets from impark.. Weird, they never tried calling me or sending me mail for collections.

Gerbs 09-25-2015 01:59 PM

We only have all day parking. So if you grab a spot at noon is probably paid for

E-SPEC 09-25-2015 02:25 PM

Why pay a ticket that you don't have to? Shouldn't be charged in the first place if you ask me. if it was up to me more than half the city's meter's would be ripped right out of the ground, greedy fucking cunts.

TypeRNammer 01-20-2016 08:03 PM

Not sure if this is the right thread to bump, but similar ordeal.

Got a ticket from easypark, they sent a collections letter from "Canadian credit corporation"

So pretty much same thing as impark or diamond parking using this as a scare tactic? Let me know thanks!

underscore 01-20-2016 08:18 PM

Yep, if I remember right that's the same company impark sent min to a few years ago.

Reeyal 01-21-2016 07:25 AM

Officially, they don't have legal rights to make you pay your tickets while you still have your car. However, like any company that you have money owed, they will send collection agencies after you.

Be warn though, if you run into a very keen parking attendant who looks up your car's unpaid ticket history, he or she can call a tow truck to tow your car. Then, you have to pay for every single unpaid ticket, plus tow fee and impound fee to get your car back.

underscore 01-21-2016 07:41 AM

^ a new plate is $18.

H.Specter 01-21-2016 09:08 AM

I don't recall receiving a ticket but I received a letter from my leasing dealership indicating they have a Impark ticket outstanding.

What is everyone's experience with receiving an Impark ticket on a leased vehicle? I'm going to guess the dealership cannot collect on behalf of Impark...

nsx042003 01-21-2016 09:15 AM

Last i heard from them was a threatening letter stating my credit will be affected and shit. well....I shredded that letter pretty quickly:lawl:

Not paying them a cent

oldsnail 01-21-2016 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7252457)
In that case, I'll be getting new plates tomorrow. Thanks!

new plates may cost more or similar to a ticket

axxess 01-21-2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldsnail (Post 8719223)
new plates may cost more or similar to a ticket

Really? My tickets range from $60-$90

New plate would only cost me $18

Gerbs 01-21-2016 09:57 AM

I get a new license plate about every 15 - 20 days. The lot person starts to recognize your car after awhile.

jeedee 02-29-2016 12:03 PM

bumping an old thread.

has anyone ever been towed for unpaid tickets?

and for the people with multiple tickets in the past were they all from the same lot?

jtanner_ 02-29-2016 12:32 PM

Never been towed for unpaid tickets but I did have them boot my car once when I had 4+ outstanding tickets from the same lot.

Walked up to my car and they put a sign on all four sides saying like "Do not attempt to move vehicle."

I had to pay all of my outstanding tickets before they would remove it...

Expresso 02-29-2016 12:36 PM

I've been towed as well. The tickets were from multiple lots.

swfk 02-29-2016 12:39 PM

$18 to change your plate if you're worried about parking that same lot and getting clamped

mmmmmic 02-29-2016 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 8732713)
bumping an old thread.

has anyone ever been towed for unpaid tickets?

and for the people with multiple tickets in the past were they all from the same lot?

Classmate's car got towed after 2nd unpaid ticket at Burnaby BCIT lot.
my car was never touched for 15+ tickets because it was lowered.

Traum 07-12-2023 01:59 PM

Bumping an old thread.

So it was my turn to get ticketed by the Impark bloodsuckers. For the record, I paid for my parking time, and I am disputing the ticket with them. FWIW, the bloody ticket is $98 now, or $86.47 if I paid it online within 7 days.

In the event that they will not cancel the ticket, this is where things get tricky. My workplace's parking lot is managed by Impark, and I purchase monthly parking passes for it through their Hashtag service by registering my current plate there. So what do you guys suppose would happen if Impark does not waive my ticket, and I proceed to change plates on the car? Do you suppose anything would be affected for my workplace (monthly) parking pass?

Eff-1 07-12-2023 02:03 PM

Is your workplace pass registered to your license plate? By changing your plate, would you have to update your pass registration?

donk. 07-12-2023 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 9103718)
Bumping an old thread.

So it was my turn to get ticketed by the Impark bloodsuckers. For the record, I paid for my parking time, and I am disputing the ticket with them. FWIW, the bloody ticket is $98 now, or $86.47 if I paid it online within 7 days.

Your being paranoid, if you have a pass, you send proof, the ticket is cancelled, done

Been there, done that

Traum 07-12-2023 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eff-1 (Post 9103719)
Is your workplace pass registered to your license plate? By changing your plate, would you have to update your pass registration?

Updating the monthly parking pass registration is actually really easy. For all the disdain that I have for Impark, their HashTag website is actually very decent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by donk. (Post 9103720)
Your being paranoid, if you have a pass, you send proof, the ticket is cancelled, done

Been there, done that

I hope you're right that they'll waive my ticket based on me being their monthly pass customer. However, what happens is -- I no longer have the actual proof of me paying for my parking anymore. The parking receipt got submitted to the store, and all I've got is the store's receipt with an entry saying there is a "parking ticket discount".

I'd hate to change the plate because this is my EK9 plate, but I'd hate it even more to pay the ransom off to these bloodsuckers...

radeonboy 07-12-2023 02:31 PM

I would dispute anyway and gather all information you currently have (i.e. the parking transaction on your cc bill, store receipt etc.). Maybe you can call Impark's customer service to retrieve a copy of the parking receipt?

I definitely wouldn't give up an EK9 plate over this, and I don't think this affects your workplace's parking arrangement if you don't change your plate.

teggy604 07-12-2023 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 9103718)
Bumping an old thread.

In the event that they will not cancel the ticket, this is where things get tricky. My workplace's parking lot is managed by Impark, and I purchase monthly parking passes for it through their Hashtag service by registering my current plate there. So what do you guys suppose would happen if Impark does not waive my ticket, and I proceed to change plates on the car? Do you suppose anything would be affected for my workplace (monthly) parking pass?

Shouldn't be any issue at all. Give it to your supervisor or manager and they should be able to take care of it.

Traum 07-12-2023 06:24 PM

Was checking email and apparently they sent this to me an hour and 15 mins ago -- I submitted my dispute shortly before I posted in RS, which meant it was a little before 3pm?
Quote:

Notice Status
Updated Notice status: Cancelled
Action required: No action required, your notice has been cancelled.
I am actually impressed to the point that I am kind of speechless.

Should I dial back my disdain for Impark by a touch? Hmm... :considered: