REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   IMPARK - do you pay your tickets? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/634350-impark-do-you-pay-your-tickets.html)

pankrationisfun 01-05-2011 02:38 PM

IMPARK - do you pay your tickets?

over the last 10 years, I've had about 3 and I've never paid them. i get the letters from them for about 3 months and then they stop. i just got one on the weekend and having second thoughts. i've heard that they actually don't have a legal right to claim money from us.
i do pay city fines but not impark or any private company.

Thoughts?

orange7 01-05-2011 02:53 PM

get ready for mass fails

!

dimdiu 01-05-2011 03:00 PM

how come they dun have legal rights to claim money from you?? u are using their space to park, therefore pay your damn tickets. Unless you did pay your ticket and somehow didn't display your ticket correctly. Then just mail your ticket and receipt back to them.

PJ 01-05-2011 03:06 PM

Don't they tow your vehicle after x amount of unpaid tickets?

jing 01-05-2011 03:09 PM

Change your plates. Problem solved.
Posted via RS Mobile

jtanner_ 01-05-2011 03:27 PM

REVSCENE - Do you use the search function?

Not really racist! 01-05-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtanner_ (Post 7252326)
REVSCENE - Do you use the search function?

Guess not

OP, try to do some searching but I'll sum it for you in a nutshell.

The tickets don't affect your credit rating and they'll just hire collection companies to keep calling you / bugging you. Easy solution is change your plates, if you don't and they punch your plate into the computer, they'll get somebody to tow your car.

When they call you, I guess say that individual is not here, and you've always had this number.

Volvo-brickster 01-05-2011 03:38 PM

I once talked to an exec that worked at Impark.

He said the collection agency they use is a subsidiary of Impark.

Pretty much you don't have to pay it.

cheapskate 01-05-2011 03:58 PM

Yes I pay my tickets because I am a staunch believer that whens someone does something wrong, he/she has to be responsible and thus pay the consequences.

MindBomber 01-05-2011 04:07 PM

Does anyone know off hand how many tickets it takes for them to tow you car?

1-Slicer-1 01-05-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapskate (Post 7252384)
Yes I pay my tickets because I am a staunch believer that whens someone does something wrong, he/she has to be responsible and thus pay the consequences.

faggot

double0seven 01-05-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7252398)
Does anyone know off hand how many tickets it takes for them to tow you car?

It takes just one. If you don't pay and they catch you on there lots, GG

MindBomber 01-05-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by double0seven (Post 7252454)
It takes just one. If you don't pay and they catch you on there lots, GG

In that case, I'll be getting new plates tomorrow. Thanks!

adambomb 01-05-2011 05:06 PM

Give me the cash and your tickets and i'll pay them for you. I'm a trained lawyer person. I took the BAR at a bar.

Seriously, Cash only, Royal Oak skytrain, i'll be in the 5 min parking lot in a 3-piece suit. :nicethread:

Arash 01-05-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7252457)
In that case, I'll be getting new plates tomorrow. Thanks!

This would solve your front plate problem
For the back the following can be modded so that the rods arent visible and made to have a fake plate in the back
Seeing how these parking companies are private companies on private lots, I dont think the law can punish you as long as the fake plates arent stamped British Columbia and that you reveal your real plates once you are on the road.

distanc3 01-05-2011 06:13 PM

Arash, do you fabricate these mechanism yourself? I would like to buy some for myself and maybe even arrange a RS group buy.

Let me know.

DenKare 01-05-2011 06:26 PM

be cool and bring a spare set of plates

MindBomber 01-05-2011 06:31 PM

Thanks for suggestion, thats actually a pretty cool plate flipper.

I believe those are illegal to use on public roads and anything except a gated off driveway/lot is considered public so that would be a big ticket if a cop noticed it, and since cars on a public roads require visible plates the company could tow it for that reason alone. Besides, new plates are cheap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arash (Post 7252593)

For the back the following can be modded so that the rods arent visible and made to have a fake plate in the back

Seeing how these parking companies are private companies on private lots, I dont think the law can punish you as long as the fake plates arent stamped British Columbia and that you reveal your real plates once you are on the road.

Arash 01-05-2011 06:54 PM

Since its a private lot I doubt it would technically be illegal to have fake plates inside them, like a car dealership lot, most of the cars are not plated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by distanc3 (Post 7252647)
Arash, do you fabricate these mechanism yourself? I would like to buy some for myself and maybe even arrange a RS group buy.

Let me know.

I dont make them but it looks easy to make, you just need springs, rails and a motor wired up to a button inside the car. They sell the front ones at swiftmotorsports.com
http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/images/hideaplate.gif

cheapskate 01-05-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arash (Post 7252593)

These are cool toys but are people really serious about investing all the time and effort to install these things to save 3 bux on parking? :D

Arash 01-05-2011 09:07 PM

Nice user name

I may consider fake plates in the future specially because it can be used in other situations if needed
http://i53.tinypic.com/331n11x.jpg

Now however one makes the real plates disappear, the fake plate could be encased behind a plastic window with the plate sliced in many places to that you can rearrange it for different names.

Parking in downtown can quickly add up!

MindBomber 01-05-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arash (Post 7252969)
Nice user name

I may consider fake plates in the future specially because it can be used in other situations if needed
http://i53.tinypic.com/331n11x.jpg

Now however one makes the real plates disappear, the fake plate could be encased behind a plastic window with the plate sliced in many places to that you can rearrange it for different names.

Parking in downtown can quickly add up!

With fake plates on your car what happens when a cop driving around running plates, runs your fake plate with no insurance sticker that isn't registered to your car?

TRDood 01-05-2011 10:52 PM

I think you are missing the point Arash...

Fake/altering plates - illegal
Not paying your ticket/get new plates - legal
Posted via RS Mobile

Arash 01-05-2011 11:13 PM

Having a personalized plate (not technically fake if it isnt labeled British Columbia with a logo) in someones property is illegal?

And also not altering actual British Columbia plates is legal, you can order plates from online stores located in the states.

Lastly are you going to buy new plates every time you rack up $200 worth of dt tickets?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7253144)
With fake plates on your car what happens when a cop driving around running plates, runs your fake plate with no insurance sticker that isn't registered to your car?

You revert to your real plates as you are leaving the lot.

RCubed 01-05-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arash (Post 7252737)
Since its a private lot I doubt it would technically be illegal to have fake plates inside them, like a car dealership lot, most of the cars are not plated.

an uninsured car gives them a better excuse to tow it away. Its a liability. Unlike dealerships, the car is not theirs and it is on their property.