REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 01-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Recommend places to stay in Seattle

I'm planning a trip down there within this month, and was thinking of staying for at least a night or two....where is the best location to stay at? Somewhere that's not so far from all the eats and shopping?

Must shop places?
Must eat places?

Please recommend!

Is it worth it to drive down to Portland for shopping? And how long is the drive from Seattle to Portland?

TIA!
Advertisement
tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

not a cheap hotel but not crazy expensive is Red Lion. it's like a 3 block walk to pike place market and literally across the street from the mall downtown. anything right in downtown won't be cheap, but you can find holiday inns that are very very close to downtown for a bit cheaper that isn't too bad. but places like red lion are pretty sweet because if you're doing a big shopping day you can stop back quickly at your hotel and drop shit off and have a shower, drink, etc.

nordstrom rack is pretty solid for deals. there's your standard downtown brand stores there. really depends on your style and price range.

stay 48 hrs and you'll have a $400 exemption and you can bring back a carton of smokes and a bottle. seattle to portland is around 2 hours. no tax in oregon so that's the big benefit. i haven't gone in a few years, but personally i've had really good luck at the nike outlet in oregon. obviously a big ticket item would be pretty ideal. go get a 3d tv.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

If you can help it, don't stay at any of the hotels near the airport. Not only is it past downtown Seattle, most of the hotels around there will charge for parking.

I Pricelined a hotel last weekend and got the Marriott at Seatac for $50. I thought it was a decent deal until I found out they charged $19 ($24 for valet) for parking, and $12.50 for Internet for 24 hours. All the other hotels around there also charged for parking.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #4
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Shopping - search function
Hotel - priceline, betterbidding.com
Posted via RS Mobile
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

If you are driving, I recommend looking into hotels in Bellevue, free parking provided and usually has better rates.
Heavy_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #6
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Thank you for all the replies, really much appreciated!

How far is Bellevue from the outlets and Downtown? Which are the must outlets and malls I should visit? Even must eats in Seattle too if possible...

TIA!!!!!
tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #7
I STILL don't get it

livingsocial has a deal at the edgewater hotel for two nights. check it out!
truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #8
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubby View Post
Thank you for all the replies, really much appreciated!

How far is Bellevue from the outlets and Downtown? Which are the must outlets and malls I should visit? Even must eats in Seattle too if possible...

TIA!!!!!
Bellevue downtown is only 10~15 min. drive away from Seattle downtown.
Heavy_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #9
I don't get it

Bellvue is a pretty good bet, if you stay at either the hyatt, its 150 dollars a night, but you get a 50 dollar gift card for every night stay. So it ends up being 100 a night plus late check out and parking.

Westin has the same deal, 199 for a night but they give you 100 dollar gift card.

The card is good for bellvue collection malls.
DavidYeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #10
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I use hotwire.com when I stay in Seattle
For the 4 star hotels (Westin, Sheraton etc), I usually end up getting it for $79. Sheraton is located right in downtown, 5-10 min walk to Pike place.

Nordstrom is the best bet for shopping.
Wild Ginger is my favorite place to eat and is best to make reservations.
raysquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:50 AM   #11
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

so 4 star hotels in seattle, you will get westin/sheraton etc? if you use hotwire? hmmm but u wont know the hotel till after u book..hmm
sell_item_604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:40 AM   #12
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I just pricelined for 3* hotel at Marriott Lynnwood for $48 USD, after fees+taxes = $62

03/11-03/12 ipad2 launch night!
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:45 AM   #13

awesome!!!
areyou planning on buying ipad2?

anyone tried 5* hotel at portland??
Old 03-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #14

W Seattle all the way!
If you're a wine fan, check out Purple Wine Bar, it's right across the street from the W. If you like your beer, check out Tap House Grill, over 100 beers on tap! Bellevue is only like 15 mins from downtown Seattle, there's a great mall there but I would still stay in Seattle as there is more to do.
VeeDubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #15
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

+1 for the Red Lion, I've stayed in 2 in Seattle and a few else where and never had any problems.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #16
RS controls my life!

Bump! anymore recommendations? Me , my bf and a bunch of his friends are planning to go the July 4 weekend, and every decent looking hotel is 160+ while he doesn't want to spend more than 120-30. Thanks =D
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
----\\\-///----
-----\\///-----
------///\-----
-----///\\\----
----///--\\\---
xmisstrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:18 AM   #17
Need my Daily Fix of RS

My go-to hotel is the Watertown Seattle ( http://www.watertownseattle.com ). It's not a super fancy hotel, probably 3.5 star. But it's got some really really great things going for it.

They have free parking for residents, free cookies, free breakfast (real breakfast, none of this continental crap), free shuttle bus to popular destinations in the city (and pickup too). The shuttle bus is super useful, because you can just book a time/destination/pickup and not have to worry about paying for/finding parking.
Majestic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #18
Banned (ABWS)

On the way back head for the premium outlet ? Bunch of clothing . Seattle West Field Center is pretty nice . Been there a lot .
ConCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #19
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I vouch for staying in Bellevue. I love staying at Hotel Sierra Bellevue (there is also a Redmond location which is pretty brand new and is about a 11 minute drive to downtown Bellevue). Nice rooms, nice kitchenettes if you're staying for more than a few days, free parking, great complimentary breakfast (custom made-to-order omelettes, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, ham, bacon, sausage) and overall nice hotel.

Reviews are pretty solid http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ashington.html
Delish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #20
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmisstrinh View Post
Bump! anymore recommendations? Me , my bf and a bunch of his friends are planning to go the July 4 weekend, and every decent looking hotel is 160+ while he doesn't want to spend more than 120-30. Thanks =D
Not going to find any decent hotels under $160. Maybe HoJo, or Super 8. Especially on July 4th long weekend. Hyatt Bellevue hits 300 on certain weekdays for a regular room. W in Seattle is $180 when it's low vacancy.
kalekain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #21
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
We usually stay Bellevue.
I don't like parking in downtown. Marriott in downtown Seattle required us to do valet each time we stop at the hotel.

Bellevue and Kirkland marriotts let us park wherever we want at the hotel

if you like garlic eat at Mediterranean grill
Posted via RS Mobile
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #22
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
I used Priceline and Hotels.com if I have to find a place in Seattle.

Nevertheless, after like 30 times down to Seattle, I really don't see anything in Seattle to worth the hassle of staying there. For shopping, you are better off hitting Portland. Sightseeing in Seattle can be a day trip. And once you done through the city, the 2.5hr drive back to Van really isn't that energy-consuming.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #23

i used priceline for the hotel and i got it 90$/night for 4star hotel, but you wont know the hotel until you pay for it. pretty sure alotta ppl know how priceline work, so anyways. got sheraton hotel in downtown seattle. there were two options valet park or self park which is a block away from hotel and valet was $40? i believe and self park was $22? / night.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #24
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
gonna bump this up

has anybody acutally gone in a relatively big group and rented an apartment / condo / house?

some of them look too good to be true which is why i have huuuuge doubts

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #25
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
if you arent worried TOO much on price, i would highly recommend the bellevue club hotel, very nice place plus if you love sports and fitness, then its perfect

if you are looking for good price and still decent place to stay, red lion in downtown seattle

but if you go for cheap, you get what you pay for, one time i stayed at the executive pacific hotel in downtown seattle and it was horrible, everything was tiny, and the walls are very thin, i can hear people talk left right and footsteps above.

places to eat, ruth's crhis steakhouse, cheesecake factory, there is this one place in pike place for king crab legs, or you can try the place from "man vs food" where you have a table with a white sheet and a pile of crabs and a hammer
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote