REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Bye Bye Zellers, Hello Target (locations announced) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/635010-bye-bye-zellers-hello-target-locations-announced.html)

Simplex123 11-13-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8361387)
winson604.......... you and I could be brothers. We think alike.

or maybe he's one of your.... illegitimate sons........ :troll:

josayeee 11-18-2013 11:06 PM

Target always appealed to me because of the american selection of groceries and as a kid they had one of the better toy selections. I don't expect much from the Canadian version.

StylinRed 11-18-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4444 (Post 8361164)
i shop at thirfty for my day to day groceries - but if you're talking good meat, you're getting at the wrong place, yes thrifty is good (ok for steak), but costco - that's hte place to get your meat!

i liked costco when they offered prime cuts but i havent seen that available in over a year

keifun 11-18-2013 11:25 PM

First time yesterday, walked in to Target in Canada at Metrotown. Looked around and compared prices to items that I already bought earlier at Superstore.

Of all the items I compared.none of them could beat the price I paid at Superstore.

I still think shopping at US Target is much better.

v_tec 11-18-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keifun (Post 8364831)
I still think shopping at US Target is much better.

A comparison like that...you have to 'think'? :ahwow:

fliptuner 11-18-2013 11:52 PM

Target at Coq Ctr is pretty much the same shit, just a prettier store. Actually, it's worse cause the 2/3 times I've been there, they were out of stock on sale items, on the first day. Zellers had better sales too, so far - we'll see how it goes.

Purely 11-19-2013 12:01 AM

I went to Target in Surrey today, nothing special imo. US Target is still a lot better in terms of variety and pricing.

krazynuck 11-19-2013 06:27 AM

milk in the 1 litre size is cheaper at target... In comparison :
$1.92 Target
$2.08 Superstore
$2.29 Save on foods
$2.38 at shoppers
Posted via RS Mobile

Lomac 11-19-2013 06:55 PM

I've given Target a chance over the past few months, but it's nowhere near what I grew used to in the States. The Canadian version is just a slightly nicer looking Walmart. No good deals and none of the house brands and specialty items I love to get down south.

I still prefer Zellers over Canadian Target. :lol

Someone needs to bring back K-Mart and their Blue Light specials :fullofwin:

saucywoman 11-20-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 8365373)
I've given Target a chance over the past few months, but it's nowhere near what I grew used to in the States. The Canadian version is just a slightly nicer looking Walmart. No good deals and none of the house brands and specialty items I love to get down south.

I still prefer Zellers over Canadian Target. :lol

Someone needs to bring back K-Mart and their Blue Light specials :fullofwin:

That Kamloops target just isn't doing it for you :troll: :p
Posted via RS Mobile

winson604 11-20-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8361387)
winson604.......... you and I could be brothers. We think alike.

Early bird gets the worm.

I go to Fujiya right when they open. Sushi and bento is fresh and nobody in the lineup. Only bad thing is, all the eye candy go there between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm and the curry is never ready at opening.

Back on topic. Target is overrated. No savings to be had. Walmart is also overrated. I only go there when they have a loss leader in their weekly flyer. Better lighting, LOL. To save money, I will bring wind up flashlight with me.

Haha we could. My gf loves going after work like between 500-600 time frame and it drives me insane!

MG1 11-20-2013 12:15 PM

Go before closing and get sushi and bento at half price. It's not on all the time, but I think we should convince jtrinh to post a message on RS whenever it looks like they will go on sale.

Now there's a good reason to have a RS mini meet. Half price sushi meet. The rice is pretty hard by that time, though. And, you have to fight off the old Chinese women for hte good stuff, LOLOLOLOL.

Yuffa 11-20-2013 02:43 PM

I like the home decor and cosemetic section at Target. It's a nice alternative to Home Sense and awesome makeup brands from the States....:3

quasi 11-20-2013 03:11 PM

Unless it's something on sale there pricing is probably close to safeway price on food items, not cheap at all. It's good if you're going after particular sale items but other then that the Target stores here have been a big disappointment for me.

Gamed 11-20-2013 08:47 PM

I just went to the Lansdowne location after work today. Definitely a lot of selection and much cleaner / organized than the older Zellers. As for the price, I do notice a bit cheaper depending on the items

Gumby 11-21-2013 10:34 AM

For toys, Target's prices are far better than ToysRUs prices.

Volvo-brickster 11-21-2013 08:22 PM

Target profits dragged down by Canadian expansion, wary shoppers - Business - CBC News

the only good deal i ever found at target was $0.94 halloween candy lol

Tapioca 11-22-2013 08:56 AM

They have half-off Christmas decorations this week. I picked up a 7 ft tree from Target for $25. Pretty decent deal for a tree before Christmas.
Posted via RS Mobile

Mr.Stubbz 11-22-2013 04:24 PM

lowly target employee here, i gotta say the "best" stuff we have at the lansdowne is probably cosmetics, bedding/pillows, toys and like home deco shit. i doubt the canadian targets' are gonna be as good as the ones down south cus of diff regulations and crap (no spicy cheetos :okay: ) and from what ive peeked around through, i dont think its gonna do too bad lol. but if the walmart does get build near by theres gonna be some crazy ass blood vs crip of retail stores shit going on

dbaz 11-22-2013 04:53 PM

^ same lol. stores are pretty empty due to trucking problems still, prob be a bit more selection later on. it wont be the same as an american target, but in my opinion much better than zellers/sears. i can probably do all my christmas shopping at target alone, as they have a lot of stuff you wouldnt find at other places, ie. marvel comics glasses, some gift sets etc. ironically the toy section is nostalgia. power rangers, tmnt, gi joe, transformers are all back, and popular. http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/a.../3721968_o.gif