REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Tipped to arrive in 2013: NEW Porsche Spyder (Boxster lovers wake up!) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/635083-tipped-arrive-2013-new-porsche-spyder-boxster-lovers-wake-up.html)

midnight_r 01-14-2011 01:42 AM

Tipped to arrive in 2013: NEW Porsche Spyder (Boxster lovers wake up!)

2 Attachment(s)
repost...i looked so i hope not..

I am so glad to hear Porsche will finally change silhouette again!:)

Porsche Spyder nameplate will be resurrected in the form of an all-new entry-level model for the German sports car marque.

Due to its position in the Porsche stable, the Spyder will be powered by a selection of four-cylinder :inoutugh:turbocharged engines. Porsche aficionados need not be worried that the sports car marque will go slack on driving dynamics - the Spyder will just be lighter, more fuel efficient and affordable.

A rumoured top-of-the-line version of the Porsche Spyder will feature a tweaked 2.0 TFSI engine developing some 206 kW while lower spec models will have to make do with around 147 kW or similar to the Golf GTI :speechless:with which it shares the same engine. Unlike the Golf GTI, the engine in the Spyder is mid-mounted i.e. behind the driver but in front of the rear axles for optimum handling balance.

The Porsche Spyder is tipped to arrive in 2013.

Sort of sucks Porsche is "going "power" friendly"... its supposed to be a Porsche! small, compact gas guzzzlller thats powerful, fast and expensive on parts! =)

I personally like rear end -> looks HOT!
not so much the front...

Enjoy! =):fullofwin:

rJZx 01-14-2011 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnight_r (Post 7264600)
Sort of sucks Porsche is "going "power" friendly".

Pfft, yea right... the world will end before porshe ever goes power friendly :troll:

cheapskate 01-14-2011 05:40 AM

Looks good, I especially like the side profile. How much do you guys think this will cost in Canada? Is 40k too optimistic? :D

dangonay 01-14-2011 05:56 AM

So that's what happened to the VW Concept R.
Posted via RS Mobile

roastpuff 01-14-2011 06:04 AM

Yum. Mid-engine with gobs of torque, thuis ought to be fun.
Posted via RS Mobile

kchan 01-14-2011 06:46 AM

Same engine as the golf gti eh? Stage 2+ ;)
Posted via RS Mobile

Z3guy 01-14-2011 07:24 AM

great..... now since Porsche is going the volume route, we are going to see a bunch of douches start buying this baby porsche and think they are balling......this will be the new 3 series for poseurs.

twitchyzero 01-14-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z3guy (Post 7264707)
great..... now since Porsche is going the volume route, we are going to see a bunch of douches start buying this baby porsche and think they are balling......this will be the new 3 series for poseurs.

oh don't be such an elitist:)

Z3guy 01-14-2011 08:51 AM

My rationale side understands why Porsche is extending there product range to be accessible to more consumers = greater corporate profits. However, my passionate side is pissed that the exclusivity of Porsche is going to be watered down. At least the Boxster is still a real porsche, with a a geniune Pcar engine. This new baby pcar is a dressed up VW....can you say 914 again?

I used to love M3s, but they are dime a dozen now, nothing special, only a great DD. When I bought my e30 M3 and my E36 M3....they were extremely special.

Give it a decade or so, hardcore Porsche guys are going to move to Mclarens and Lotuses.....

AWDTurboLuvr 01-14-2011 09:02 AM

The exclusivity of Porsche? It's not like 911's and Boxsters are rare anyways. Porsche makes high end sports cars that you can drive daily. The argument that Porsche is getting watered down has been discussed since the Boxster came to production and then the introduction of the Cayenne. As long as they expand the range of models of the 911 and above, then they can introduce cars like the Spyder.

ilvtofu 01-14-2011 10:33 AM

Not really a fan of the styling, almost looks like someone added some paper mache body styling to the current boxster. Although if the price is right I'm still interested :D Considering that the TT starts pretty much in the mid 40's I can't imagine this being too great a deal :/

flagella 01-14-2011 10:39 AM

looks more bulbous

donjalapeno 01-14-2011 10:41 AM

let me be the first to say. EWWWWWWW

The specs are good tho

unit 01-14-2011 11:07 AM

nah

bcrdukes 01-14-2011 12:12 PM

Kinda reminds me of the Toyota MR-S

hk20000 01-14-2011 12:26 PM

the front has more of a :troll: face than even the most trolling Mazda 3s

PiuYi 01-14-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z3guy (Post 7264763)
My rationale side understands why Porsche is extending there product range to be accessible to more consumers = greater corporate profits. However, my passionate side is pissed that the exclusivity of Porsche is going to be watered down. At least the Boxster is still a real porsche, with a a geniune Pcar engine. This new baby pcar is a dressed up VW....can you say 914 again?

I used to love M3s, but they are dime a dozen now, nothing special, only a great DD. When I bought my e30 M3 and my E36 M3....they were extremely special.

Give it a decade or so, hardcore Porsche guys are going to move to Mclarens and Lotuses.....

if anything I think porsches are going back to its roots. it was supposed to be a high-end roadster made for daily driving which it still is. it was never meant to be like a mclaren or crazy exclusive car

Marco911 01-14-2011 05:38 PM

Argh. Porsche should not water down their product to cater to all the unwashed masses who would otherwise buy BMWs.

Euro7r 01-14-2011 06:00 PM

The front looks happy-licious!:p

maxx 01-14-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z3guy (Post 7264763)

exactly my thought. Except that e36 M3s are very rare now ;)

too_slow 01-14-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z3guy (Post 7264707)

You seem to only buy used 'poseur' cars.. :whistle:

mpr 02-26-2011 09:05 AM

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....r-live-opt.jpg

Porsche has rolled out a race-bred version of the company's 918 Spyder Concept at this year's Detroit Auto Show. Packing the same drivetrain as the track-proven 911 GT3 R Hybrid race car, Porsche says that the 918 RSR will bring a whopping 767 combined horsepower to the party when it shows up in the paddock. A total of 563 of those ponies are provided by a 6.2-liter V8 that revs to an atmospheric 10,300 rpm. Porsche has partnered its beastly eight-pot with two electric motors capable of 75 kilowatts of juice positioned at each front wheel.

The 918 RSR stores braking energy in a flywheel accumulator stationed where the passenger seat would traditionally rest, and the tech allows the driver to summon up an extra bump in power for passing or acceleration. The pilot can command the boost in grunt for up to eight seconds.

Like the 918 Concept, the bones of the 918 RSR are built of carbon fiber reinforced plastic, and the body was penned to pay respect the legendary racers like the 917 short-tail.

Nightwalker 02-26-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangonay (Post 7264665)
So that's what happened to the VW Concept R.
Posted via RS Mobile

I kinda liked the Concept R styling better.

KO7 02-26-2011 11:17 AM

I rikey. The more used convertibles available for me to buy as a second vehicle in 10, 20, 30 years the better ;)

flagella 02-26-2011 02:50 PM

specs are attractive. Look wise... bleh..