REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Support Forum > Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs

Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs 2016 RS.Net iT Admin: SkinnyPupp
Organizational feedback, general suggestions, account fix requests, concerns, acknowledgements, website and forum bugs & fixes. Support the site, by downloading the official RS App for Android!

Old 01-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Censorship?

Hey, I noticed recently with my post, regarding tatoos, I refer "$$$$$$$$$" Tattoo, but it seems to be changed to $$$$$$$$$$$$ each time, I thought i was seeing stuff, but its true lol, any explanation for that? Thanks.
Advertisement
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
When theres censorship like that, it just means the RS owners do not like them at all cus a) the spammed like no tomorrow b) pissed owner's of this site off or c) both a and b
Posted via RS Mobile
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Do you guys not like that word because of the tattoo parlour? or completely different reason?
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #4
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheDLo View Post
Do you guys not like that word because of the tattoo parlour? or completely different reason?
read slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Oni KyoKan View Post
When theres censorship like that, it just means the RS owners do not like them at all cus a) the spammed like no tomorrow b) pissed owner's of this site off or c) both a and b
Posted via RS Mobile
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #5
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Am I able to ask why a particular business is censored?
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #6
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
Am I able to ask why a particular business is censored?
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Oni KyoKan View Post
Posted via RS Mobile

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:05 AM   #7
degenerate extraordinaire

I'm not sure if this still applies, but certain words were censored because people were constantly trying to find a workaround for the name of the companies. As such, if the company has the same name, despite being totally separate, it too would be censored.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote