REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-18-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Good places to get injectors cleaned/rebuilt?

My dad is looking for a place to get his 993's injectors cleaned and rebuilt while his motor is apart, on rennlist etc there are quite a few places in cali and the states that specialize in doing this for porsches but searches came up with nothing locally

Anyone know of anything locally?
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

NW Fuel in Port Kells. Have had multiple sets done there.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

been wondering this myself.

how much do you estimate they charge to have a set of injectors (in my case 8) rebuilt and flow matched?

thanks!

1995 BMW 530i
1990 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2002 Ford Explorer EB V8 4x4
2005 Acura RSX Type-S (SOLD)
1999 BMW 540i
skylinergtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Rebuilt fuel injectors are a bit of an iffy subject depending on how you see it but if you plan on rebuilding them, my co-worker has had good experiences with West Coast Fuel Injection & Turbo in Richmond.

Otherwise, if you believe in buying a new set of injectors, I have had first hand experience making a purchase through Five-O Motorsports in California. Good luck.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinergtr View Post
been wondering this myself.

how much do you estimate they charge to have a set of injectors (in my case 8) rebuilt and flow matched?

thanks!
Why don't you pick the phone up and call you lazy basterd
Old 01-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Rebuilt fuel injectors are a bit of an iffy subject depending on how you see it but if you plan on rebuilding them, my co-worker has had good experiences with West Coast Fuel Injection & Turbo in Richmond.

Otherwise, if you believe in buying a new set of injectors, I have had first hand experience making a purchase through Five-O Motorsports in California. Good luck.
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. People have been cleaning injectors for years without issues. And they don't get "rebuilt" they get cleaned, back flushed etc. and all the rubber seals/pintle caps are replaced.

Avg cost is $25/injector.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #7
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
There is a shop in bellevue can't remember the name of the top of my head but quick google search should lead you to it

Scan in north van builds engines and takes these kind of things apart all the time so they should have no problem doing this for you
Posted via RS Mobile
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #8
Banned (BBM)

Valley fuel injection in Abby.
B18Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #9
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

NW Fuel can clean your injectors, but they don't provide before and after flow rates.
luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:51 PM   #10

my dad phoned NW i believe and they do give you the full flow rates before/after now i belive, as well as spray patterns etc. they charge just over $25 per
Old 01-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #11
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

"The Garage" has a that ultrasonic injector cleaner. they are right next to ICBC on macdonald
1995 Nissan 240sx SOLD
2009 Saturn Astra
some_punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:40 AM   #12
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. People have been cleaning injectors for years without issues. And they don't get "rebuilt" they get cleaned, back flushed etc. and all the rubber seals/pintle caps are replaced.
If you have a faulty injector, it's faulty. No cleaning or changing of parts will fix it. I think I would know because I've gone through this with several sets.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
Si
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:

West Coast FI and turbo gets my recommendation.
Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #14
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Just buy some new injectors. They're not that expensive these days.

Is your dad's car running a standalone ECU, or the stock one? If it's the stock ECU than getting the injectors balanced/matched doesn't mean a damn thing because you can't take that data and enter it into the ECU to compensate. All it can do is show you how far apart each injector really is, something you might not have wanted to know.

If you buy new injectors, then you can probably get a set that are closely matched. This is all you can do, as there's no real way to modify an injector to change it's operation. So companies will get in large quantities of injectors, test them all, and group them together in sets that are close to each other.

However, if your dad is running something like a Motec where you can enter things like dead time compensation for each injector, then I highly recommend Paul Yaw at Yawpower/Injector Dynamics.

Here's an XLS spreadsheet for the 12 injectors they tested for the Lamborghini. Now compare this information (and the ability to changes values in the spreadsheet to see how your injectors react) to a simple piece of paper with some flow numbers on it that the "other guys" give you after testing your injectors (make sure to click the tabs on the bottom of the spreadsheet).

Yaw Power Injector Test
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke View Post
NW Fuel can clean your injectors, but they don't provide before and after flow rates.
Yes they do. Although it's something you have to actually ask for or they won't do it.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #16

Quote:
If you have a faulty injector, it's faulty. No cleaning or changing of parts will fix it. I think I would know because I've gone through this with several sets.
Yeah, but that's now what were talking about are we? We're talking about CLEANING injectors.

Go make your own thread about faulty injectors.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #17
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
Yeah, but that's now what were talking about are we? We're talking about CLEANING injectors.

Go make your own thread about faulty injectors.
The op does say he wants them to be cleaned and rebuilt...in which case either he suspects something is faulty with them or that he just wants them to be cleaned and tested and pending those results, replaced. Either way, depending on his budget and other factors, it may be better to just buy a new set as per dagonay.
Posted via RS Mobile
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #18

nothing wrong with the injectors as far as he knows, they were all tested and found to be at least working when the motor was together, he's basically pulled the entire motor apart and figured he might as well get em cleaned while they are in this stage, there were never problems with the car running before hand etc.

for new injectors shipped to a PO box across the border it was going to cost $159 a peice

where as cleaning costs $24 each
Old 01-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
The op does say he wants them to be cleaned and rebuilt...in which case either he suspects something is faulty with them or that he just wants them to be cleaned and tested and pending those results, replaced. Either way, depending on his budget and other factors, it may be better to just buy a new set as per dagonay.
Posted via RS Mobile
When someone says cleaned and rebuilt they usually mean rebuilt as in the pintle caps, o-rings etc.
This post thanked by: