REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #26
retired

Got mine done by Kirk at Adrenaline. Very happy with the work, and didn't have to go back for any touch ups.
Advertisement
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #27
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolaspal View Post
jesse at blackwater has killer work but he looks wired most of the time. buddy who got work done there said he was doing ice b4 the appntment. just saying
yeah right... that couldnt be further from the truth. its a shame thats the stigma tattoo artists' get eh?

then again, what do I know... i've only been here since 2000
/// E46 328i
AutozamAZ-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2012, 03:21 AM   #28
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutozamAZ-3 View Post
jesse works on his own. there are no apprentices.
he does do smaller pieces, for $80/h. smaller pieces don't have crazy wait lists. he does them if he has time in between his other sessions.
for those of you wondering, he charges $165/h for larger pieces. great work. i have a back piece were working on right now.
Don't talk if you don't know lol

Jesse had an apprentice called Jay, due to an arguement, Jay split off and formed his shop called "Trigger Happy". Both their shops are on Renfrew, super close to each other. I know before hand because I have gotten from Jesse personally and I had friends that gotten tattoos by Jay
trancemission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:26 AM   #29
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

I'm the guy nicolaspal is talking about. Got my work from Jesse, half sleeve, chest plate and a bit of back piece. Crazy work.. but wouldn't go there again.

1. Very full of himself..
2. Had to "brb" in middle of my session to eat. Comes back all fucking wired eyes huge, pupils dilated to the max and super sweaty. Heard a lot of artists do Ice cause it gives them a super steady hand. THEN AFTER, due to the fact he was "too hungry again" had to stop my appointment. Guy was wired as FUCK. lmfao
3. Overcharges.. i swear he worked super slow and milked me at some parts..

But overall his work's fucking amazing..
trancemission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:57 AM   #30
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancemission View Post
Don't talk if you don't know lol

Jesse had an apprentice called Jay, due to an arguement, Jay split off and formed his shop called "Trigger Happy". Both their shops are on Renfrew, super close to each other. I know before hand because I have gotten from Jesse personally and I had friends that gotten tattoos by Jay
Don't talk if I don't know? Look at the date of the post. I was in the present tense. I'm no tattoo historian, but I am familiar with both artists -- I have work from both of them. Sorry to hear that you had a negative experience? Not trying to ride anyones dick but From what I know, I myself hav never had a bad experience with Jesse before and neither has anyone else that I talked to that has had appointments thereafter.

Although I can somewhat know what you are talking about in point 1. Hes pretty strongly opinionated about certain things, but isn't everyone entitled to their own?
Posted via RS Mobile
AutozamAZ-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #31
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,044 Times in 2,077 Posts
Good things come to those who wait. My wife didnt go to her normal artist because of the wait time (said it felt like she was cheating on him lol) just for something quick and, she thought, easy - hard to screw up - just the first initials of my two daughter's names. Long story short she's on the long waiting list to spend more money with her regular artist so he can fix the shitty work this other artist did.

One thing I've never understood is how most people live their whole lives without a tattoo and once they figure out what they want, they have no patience and have to get one right away. That shit is on you for life. Wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I'm getting some work done by Dave at sinister skin, first appointment went great it was all free hand took 3 hrs and he didn't charge me for the free hand work. Ive been to the dutchman twice and didn't like either experiences.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #33
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
+1 for Cohen! Very very chill guy. I went to him originally because I only want a some background fill in and dont want to wait more than a week. I'm going to go to Cohen now for all my non specialized tattoos. In fact I'm going get the top of my foot tattoo by him as soon as the weather turn a little warmer.
Posted via RS Mobile
+2 for cohen! i got my halfsleeve chest panel done there, and also a couple of my friends have gotten theirs from him as well because of the quality of work that he does. its awesome being there, jeremy, cohen, and logan are all outgoing. time goes by fast.
mruppal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #34
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

+3 for Cohen ! Got my full left sleeve from him. Buddy does great work and the wait usually isn't that long. Check out Jeremy Riley's work too.
Posted via RS Mobile
koukimonst3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #35
I am Hook'd on RS

+4 for Cohen! got my half sleeve done by him and some lettering. cohen, logan and jeremy are great guys. such an awesome shop!
babyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #36
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

tattoo union,
mruppal is offline   Reply With Quote