REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Automotive Chat

Okanagan Automotive Chat Kelowna, Penticton, Vernon, Kamloops, BC Interior and beyond.
BC Interior Auto-Related Discussion..

Old 01-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

New motor for the quad!!!!!

Well ive been thinking about getting more serious about my quadding and was going to be buying springless Fox shocks and a really expensive rear shock. But ive tossed the idea around about building the motor. Well while asking a fellow suzuki 450 owner about cam choices and head porting he said he was going to be selling his HIGH DOLLAR head. Thinking it was going to be a rediculous price I said well send me a price. Turns out it isnt too bad priced so I bought it

His build consists of a slightly larger cam (about 2whp up top gain), a KMS big bore kit taking the little 450 to a true 535 with a pump gas piston, bigger filter setup and maybe different intake tube cant remember for sure. This build in his play bike makes 60+hp on a conservative dyno (about 2hp lower reading than some big shops). This gentleman selling the head is very well versed in high performance being the hill shooter champion 2 yrs in a row in Glamis under 650cc.

Im freaking stoked!! he thinks my combo should still put down 60+hp with my baby cam and intake setup ........... after I put in the big bore kit asap.

This will make my quad a freaking monster. There will be very little that will be able to keep pace in dirt or sand, few exceptions would be a fairly built raptor 700, ds650, or street bike conversion quad.
Advertisement
'89 gixxer 750- parts possible future bike
'88 katana- black, missing guages fairing and a passenger seat, sexy
zumvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:59 PM   #2

So old motor combo made 40hp on a mustang dyno the loops and this one should be 60hp on same dyno hopefully. It ran 9.2 in the 1/8 on old motor hopefully in low 8's this combo
Old 01-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Well I haven't been into quads in a long time, mostly just street but keep me posted. Curious as to how much HP gains you get!
storms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #4

I will keep the therad updated with the new power gains. Honestly if I could pull mid 50's id be pretty stoked as I dont think ill get the quality tuning like other places shops down south.

On another note, ill be racing the kelowna mx track april 2 and 3. Its a double header wknd and all riders from pee wee to 50+ are welcome. It will be the first sanctioned event in kelowna in a long time. Come support the sport.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

im not sure anyone gives a fuck

just sayin'
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote