REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 01-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Neocubes/Bucky Balls

I never thought I'd say this but I've never had so much fucking fun playing with balls.

Jebus, I went down to the states and saw these things and I was always curious because youtube always shows this shit on those webads. I've seen them sold at As seen on TV stores but for 40 bucks it wasn't too worth it. Down in the states they were 25 bucks so I figure, since it's within my vacation budget I bought it. I opened them and couldn't keep my hands away from them. I was watching a movie at home and 90% of my concentration was focused on these bucky balls trying to create new shapes.

Anyone wanna play with my balls? I'd be willing you let you fondle them. I give this product fucking 5/5. I swear I have more fun playing with this shit than I do playing games on the comp or the ps3. It's like silly putty but doesn't catch all the hair and dirt and dried semen.
Advertisement
MrGoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
I've wanted to get this toy for a long while. (Cheapness and laziness prevails fun)

Damn you and your cool toy, I think I will have to buy one soon!
Old 01-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

order it online and get it shipped. I think you can even buy whole lots of it for a group buy. awesome desk toy. I took it to work and my free time is taken up by this shit. No web browsing just bucky balls. my advice if you are going to buy it, buy it on your next trip down to the states. I saw some shipping charges at like 17 bucks so even if online stores sell at 20 bucks you're still looking at 37 before duties and brokerage fees. 25 bucks while I was down in the states was a killer deal
Old 01-26-2011, 02:48 AM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

bought these little fuckers too! i haven't been productive at work for weeks lol
Old 01-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

my boss hangs around my desk too often now that I have the toy at the office. i told her just to take it so she doesn't bother me anymore while I do my work. although that was a lie. I'm here wasting time on Revscene. Not really waste, I enjoy my time here on Revscene. I enjoy wine with the company of Revscene I love you Revscene. I drop palm bombs just thinking about Revscene. Sometimes I get all giddy and roll around just thinking about Revscene. Someone help me.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
let's find a wholeseller or whatever, and buy a shit load. I'd be down. I've been wanting to get these for a while too but didn't wanna pay that premium price.

where are they made? maybe we can find a seller in china.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
That entertaining, huh?

I was thinking of getting some... now I'm even more interested.

Who's in for a group buy?

My wife has been dealing with a lot of China manufacturers, and I think she can get them for like half price.

Who wants a set of 216 balls for $20?

Would probably take 2-3 weeks to get here. Pickup from where I live at Knight & Kingsway.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

^^^ for those who don't want to do the math, 216 balls is a 6x6x6 cube of balls.

I've seen a few comparisons on these vs zencube and other competitors. apparently bucky balls has a few failings which i've yet to find. there was a youtube video that compared the magnetic strength, geometric tolerances and coating finish. it's some guy with 3d glasses on that does the comparison and it's fucking hilarious that he adds the troll face somewhere in between telling the bucky ball maker to fuck himself. buckylols was added somewhere in that video too.

http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/buckyballs/3.html

wholesale listing. this shit is awesome and wouldn't mind adding a few hundred more for an 8x8x8 cube.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

above said video. Even though this asian kid rags on about bucky balls, I'm still very satisfied with my bucky balls
Old 02-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

I saw these for 32 at Showcase. Buckyballs, they're really dangerous apparently. From what I've heard if you lay it on your skin it'll take out the iron from your skin, and if you put it next to your phone it'll break it. Or any device like iPods, walkmen, etc.
mkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #11
Banned (ABWS)

^^^ so by your logic, a routine MRI, which has a magnetic strength of at least 100x of a set of these rare earth magnets, should completely tear you apart and having any magnet near your ipod will cause it to break.

Whoever you heard this from is grossly misguided. Well except for the tape walkman as those use magnetic storage.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #12
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I'm down for a group buy!! this things looks awesome when watching tv or just chillin. If you buy them direct https://www.getbuckyballs.com and use the promo code bucky you will get 20% off

gotta love google.

Last edited by murd0c; 02-08-2011 at 05:18 PM.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

I'm down for a group buy. Not entirely sure though, these look fun as hell!
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote