REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:33 AM   #1
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Future of the HKD?

I would like to ask what people thought about the future of the Hong Kong dollar.

Pegged to the USD since 1983, the HKD has been forced to tumble recently, tracking the decline of the USD. But while it may seem logical to re-peg the HKD to the RMB, a potential reserve currency in perhaps 10 years, this simply cannot happen at the moment. This is because HK law currently requires the HKD to be freely convertible (the RMB is, of course, still fixed). As the USD falls further, the HK government will eventually have to re-examine the peg.

What do you guys think will happen?
Advertisement
DOHCVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

I understand why the US federal reserve is printing more money, and I don't like it.

The worlds reserve currency will continue to fall. Most gains people will see in their investments (RRSP, 401K, property, forex, stocks, etc) will be a result of inflation in the USD. Nations will have to re-examine their currency's relation to the USD going forward.
0000000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

any country's currency will eventually be declined to zero
just look at Greece, Ireland, Portugal, now possibly Egpyt as they have or will be bailed out
unfortunate to say that the USD will be there sooner or later cuz of the deepness in shit they dug themselves in

real money is in gold, silver, copper and diamonds
hirevtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:41 AM   #4
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,537 Times in 1,501 Posts
our economic system is fail.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:55 AM   #5
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

People are trying to preserve their wealth by buying precious metals causing the price of it to go to record highs. I read on some financial forums that people are buying cny/rmb currency as it is way under value. I will be converting some of my usd over to cny soon
Posted via RS Mobile
MTV Cribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #6
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTV Cribs View Post
People are trying to preserve their wealth by buying precious metals causing the price of it to go to record highs. I read on some financial forums that people are buying cny/rmb currency as it is way under value. I will be converting some of my usd over to cny soon
Posted via RS Mobile
The issue with converting to RMB is that its easy to switch to RMB but not that easy to switch back to USD or other currencies.

Unless of course you're looking for derivatives.
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote