REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 02-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
Banned By Establishment

sarging?

i have these 2 friends who i met through friends of a friend . i met them through our snowboarding trip to Big White. they told me how they met many girls and dates through sarging(randomly chatting girls up at malls, london drugs, on the street, bus stop, food court, coffee shops). "all they do is goes up to them and starts conversations with them and get their number"

one is chinese cbc(Sam) and another is japanese canadian(Taro/Andrew).They are part of a club called The Vancouver Lair.
Sam mostly goes for fobs, chinese fobs
Andrew goes for anything from what i see. he says he doesn't even pay for them. cheap guy ,but has the most expensive board

Andrew's ex gf is my friend(japanese canadian girl). I seen Andrew going up to a pair of girls and talking to them" hey how are you, i saw you over there and your beautiful" . "i just want to introduce myself, my name is andrew" they do this in random places in downtown. i seen him getting numbers too. he touches them on the arm and makes them laugh right there.

are a lot of cbc and asian guys like this these days. pick up artist and flirts. one of my female friends said asian girls are changing these days and are the biggest ppick up artist, flirts, teases and are no longer nerdy nerds

any of you guys done what these guys are doing? does it work

Last edited by smalone_99; 02-02-2011 at 07:12 PM.
smalone_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
Read, "The Game", by Neil Strauss
They sell it at chapters and looks like The Bible. It talks about everything you've mentioned above and experiences by the author.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
How I Mod your mother

I'm confused, it sounds like you're asking whether or not picking up chicks in public settings works?
Posted via RS Mobile
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,151 Times in 2,395 Posts
You gotta hit those HB8+'s with some negs and some kino right away, and maybe some NLP shit. Otherwise you are just another AFC and should just next them and move onto the next HB.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,336 Times in 198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
You gotta hit those HB8+'s with some negs and some kino right away, and maybe some NLP shit. Otherwise you are just another AFC and should just next them and move onto the next HB.
the fuck u talking about LOL

anyways just go up to her and tell her "I have had a crush on you for years"
Zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
This is joe_45, albeit with slightly more to say this time around.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #7
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
clearly someone's read the book before... LOL
There's also a show called the pick-up artist. maybe you should try watching that it kinda gives u a heads up of things like that since the writer of the game was once influenced by the star of the show.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #8
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsvs View Post
the fuck u talking about LOL

anyways just go up to her and tell her "I have had a crush on you for years"
lmao aware.....
pro604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2011, 10:56 PM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,336 Times in 198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro604 View Post
lmao aware.....
Zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:04 AM   #10
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,151 Times in 2,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolkai View Post
clearly someone's read the book before... LOL
There's also a show called the pick-up artist. maybe you should try watching that it kinda gives u a heads up of things like that since the writer of the game was once influenced by the star of the show.
lol no, haven't read the book, but spent some time in my younger years frequenting forums dedicated to the subject.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #11
Banned (ABWS)

I actually found it much easier to talk to woman everywhere but where you'd expect. Clubs, Bars, and Parties were always dead zones for me and yet every time I went to get groceries at Nesters, it was almost impossible for me not to get the phone number of a total knock out with a great job.

I find that meeting woman is really easy now that I'm older. I'm not some kind of stud muffin at all but it is your mindset. I talk to anyone and I'm just myself. Of course you can't be creepy or weird but it's not rocket science to talk to a girl and get her number.

Most women are on the same mission as men, which is to find a mate. The reason for that may be different (guys want sex woman want security) but at the end of it all, woman do want men. As long as you're clean, smell good, look presentable, can be bold and not shy, that's pretty much all you need.

You're not going to win them all but it's not hard. Once I got over the fear of rejection, everything in my life changed.
jameswift is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #12
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
i'm pretty sure most guys know it's about confidence. it's just a lot of them don't have it.

my buddy is like this ^. he just say's, don't worry about being rejected. It comes with the territory and don't let that hold you down.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

my friend tried sarging before. too bad he was such a pussy and all talk and did not manage to talk to anyone at the mall and wasted 3 hours of our life helping him scoping out potential girls.
Xnova86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #14
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
I think it's just building confidence and experience.. Two years ago, I'd have a hard time talking to girls at parties and all, but now I can go up to any random girl at Starbucks or a grocery store and start talking.
They're still humans like us lol.
I mean, what if you were at a coffeeshop and some random girl sat down and started talking to you? Would you be like "ew wtf" and leave?
Similar deal..

Though usually if I sit down with a random and start talking.. she'll drop her boyfriend's name within the first few minutes..
Good to know there's still faithful girls out there though.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #15
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,166 Times in 1,550 Posts
OP = Joe45 =

He just needs to make that choice to take some action with all the information he's been sucking in. Otherwise forget all this shit, and bring back a bride from China. That's what some losers do. You don't need to be good looking, or smart. Just be a Canadian Citizen looking for a spouse. If this creepy, fat, ugly loser acquaintance can get a woman, I'm sure you can too.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #16
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
a lot of guys dont talk to random girls for the fear of rejection...

but once you've been rejected a million times, you no longer have that fear and you merely brush it off like nothing...and when your able to do that, you can go talk to those girls who are 10's/10's with ease, why? because your no longer scared to approach them, and when you do, your not as nervouse cause you've already done it a million times. sure it might backfire and you might get rejected once again...but who cares...you count your wins! not your losses!
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #17
My homepage has been set to RS

I dunno... it could work but in Vancouver all the girls are stuck up and shit. If some random stranger tries to flirt with them they'll be like "ew" since most Vancouverites see talking to randoms as a creepy thing...
In cali tho people are more open, prolly one of the better places to do this kinda shit
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #18
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
Good luck sarging, or whatever the term is these days.

it's extremely hard. You need to know the target audience. YES you might get phone numbers but 90% of the time, you'll not be able to talk or even see the girl again. You might get a few bbm / text messages but that's about it.

You have to be slick, smooth and really know what you want to talk about. While you have to read the person's reaction, you have to keep coming up with things to talk about and keep them on their toes. If you are indeed that good, you pretty much do NOT need to do this and would already have a lot of girls on your phone book, no point doing these lame shit at a groceries stores.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #19
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
OP = Joe45 =

He just needs to make that choice to take some action with all the information he's been sucking in. Otherwise forget all this shit, and bring back a bride from China. That's what some losers do. You don't need to be good looking, or smart. Just be a Canadian Citizen looking for a spouse. If this creepy, fat, ugly loser acquaintance can get a woman, I'm sure you can too.
definately joe 45, sam malone was one of his aliases
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #20
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
a lot of guys dont talk to random girls for the fear of rejection...

but once you've been rejected a million times, you no longer have that fear and you merely brush it off like nothing...and when your able to do that, you can go talk to those girls who are 10's/10's with ease, why? because your no longer scared to approach them, and when you do, your not as nervouse cause you've already done it a million times. sure it might backfire and you might get rejected once again...but who cares...you count your wins! not your losses!
it's also why guys are guys, we like to overcome our fear.

after a million rejections, a slow learner better learn what their doing wrong. one's self-esteem and pride can only tolerate so much before they start hitting desperation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpower View Post
I dunno... it could work but in Vancouver all the girls are stuck up and shit. If some random stranger tries to flirt with them they'll be like "ew" since most Vancouverites see talking to randoms as a creepy thing...
In cali tho people are more open, prolly one of the better places to do this kinda shit
Not all of them are stuck up, and they usually are only in areas where guys pick them up a lot. Clubs, bars, lounge etc... Tone and approach is also a factor.

But it's not hard when you're at school, line ups, group events, co-op classes(yoga, etc). If they're by themselves, approaching them is pretty easy. When they're in a group, barriers go up and bitch mode comes on (sometimes).

Though I'm not too sure about public transit, I think most don't want to be bothered. But anything can happen, so always hope for the best.

oh almost forgot, gtfo joe45.

Rule 1: You do not talk about Fight Club. Rule 2: You do not talk about Fight Club.
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #21
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,386 Times in 547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v.Rossi View Post
it's also why guys are guys, we like to overcome our fear.

after a million rejections, a slow learner better learn what their doing wrong. one's self-esteem and pride can only tolerate so much before they start hitting desperation.

Not all of them are stuck up, and they usually are only in areas where guys pick them up a lot. Clubs, bars, lounge etc... Tone and approach is also a factor.

But it's not hard when you're at school, line ups, group events, co-op classes(yoga, etc). If they're by themselves, approaching them is pretty easy. When they're in a group, barriers go up and bitch mode comes on (sometimes).

Though I'm not too sure about public transit, I think most don't want to be bothered. But anything can happen, so always hope for the best.

oh almost forgot, gtfo joe45.
If theres one place I don't want to be bothered and be forced into a conversation, its on public transit. There is no easy exit, makes for an uncomfortable environment lol.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #22
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
i'm pretty sure most guys know it's about confidence. it's just a lot of them don't have it.

my buddy is like this ^. he just say's, don't worry about being rejected. It comes with the territory and don't let that hold you down.
Seriously tho what does it mean to just have confidence
It's so easy to say have confidence
But what is it
Posted via RS Mobile
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #23
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann View Post
Seriously tho what does it mean to just have confidence
It's so easy to say have confidence
But what is it