REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #26
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,436 Times in 3,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil@rise View Post
How often do you here of gang members getting shot in their cars? Its always an innocent guy with a case of mistaken identity so how are these new laws gonna make "us" safer?
The person who lived in front of my sisters old house was shot at. the thing that saved him was his BP BMW. That's one of the reasons why my Sister's family build a new house and moved. My sisters best friend who lives beside them also built a new house and moved.
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #27
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulos View Post
How many of you were planning on bullet proofing your cars? None, that's right you are all upset over something that doesn't have any effect on your day to day life.

The guy who said something about mistaken identity may have something there but all you need to do is not buy ugly Crome spinners and stay away from caddies and you will be fine. The window tint in the front I agree with, how is a cop pulling you over for a traffic violation know you aren't pointing a gun at him? In my experience when you are not driving a modified car and you are following the rules cops aren't jerks to you. If you hang out in a crowd that is drawing attention maybe it is time to think about changing crowds.

All in all this doesn't affect 99% of us so why the hate? Don't give me the "ooo our freedoms!" crap
Posted via RS Mobile

yeah let me know how adversely your opinion changes after your future ex's psycho boyfriend decides you're game.

PS, back windows can be tinted, buddy can easily be in the back seat with a weapon pointed at an officer. the real concern is with traffic safety.
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #28
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

so it going to be against the law to protect yourself...

the only safe people are the criminals. they got the armored cars and BP vests and the guns.

what do i have?

i warm hiding spot in my closet for when when someone kicks down my door at 3AM looking for coke. The reason its warm is because i will be pissing myself
Old 02-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #29
HELP ME PLS!!!

soon they will ban locks on houses so the police can enter easier...
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #30
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johny View Post
soon they will ban locks on houses so the police can enter easier...
to beat you when they enter the wrong house.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #31
Need my Daily Fix of RS

next, are they going to ban secret compartments in your houses too? Since you know, only drug dealers and gangsters would ever want like a trap door or something. How about wearing jackets with too many hidden pockets? Are they going to ban those too?? fucking ridiculous.
white_guilt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-06-2011, 11:37 PM   #32
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Unnecessary law, and if I were rich I would want an armored vehicle. Since I'm neither rich not gang related, I could care less about this law.
Posted via RS Mobile
optiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #33
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^it's your tax money they're spending to make these unnecessary laws :/
t8v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:10 AM   #34
Banned By Establishment

Then again, who says my 735iL is bullet proof? I just put thick body panels to protect the vehicle's occupants during a crash. In addition, the glass is layered with 3M film to prevent rock chips and thieves from stealing it. I've no intent of bullet-proofing this vehicle, I'm just meticulous about my vehicle's capacity for safety.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #35
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR32_Coupe View Post
yeah let me know how adversely your opinion changes after your future ex's psycho boyfriend decides you're game.

PS, back windows can be tinted, buddy can easily be in the back seat with a weapon pointed at an officer. the real concern is with traffic safety.
I am not worried. Neither of us have retarded friends in the gang life.
Posted via RS Mobile
sulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #36
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo E View Post
so it going to be against the law to protect yourself...

the only safe people are the criminals. they got the armored cars and BP vests and the guns.

what do i have?

i warm hiding spot in my closet for when when someone kicks down my door at 3AM looking for coke. The reason its warm is because i will be pissing myself
Does your house look like a crack house? If not why are you worried about some breaking in looking for coke? If on the other hand it does look like a crack house it is time to get off revscene and pick up some cleaning materials.

If you use half your brain you will more than likely never be near a person getting shot at.
Posted via RS Mobile
sulos is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #37
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Anyone know where I can bulletproof my Accord locally? Without sending them off the the East Coast?
AccordCoupedd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #38
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
This guy will be pissed, now that his car is illegal, lol

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...137064689.html
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #39
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Why not just make bullets unbelievably expensive?
Try 5grand a bullet
truong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #40
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulos View Post
Does your house look like a crack house? If not why are you worried about some breaking in looking for coke? If on the other hand it does look like a crack house it is time to get off revscene and pick up some cleaning materials.

If you use half your brain you will more than likely never be near a person getting shot at.
Posted via RS Mobile

you're a lumber mill manager and are placed in a position where you have to layoff thousands of uneducated, ignorant, and conservative blue-collars. of all the thousands that were laid off from their 50k/yr job, whats the probability that 1 will have a gun and be slightly mentally unstable? who's the scapegoat? do you think your mortality rate increased by any amount being the manager to make the layoff call?

these are just 2 scenarios that didn't require gang affiliation to warrant the need for protection against firearms.

in addition, you're a mob boss running an illegal drug ring who's had hundreds killed under his feet, laundered money, kidnapped people, etc etc. you really think a law like this is going to stop you from continuing to drive in your bullet proof ride?

maybe if people used half their brain they'd see how useless this law is at curbing gang related violence.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #41

Quote:
you're a lumber mill manager and are placed in a position where you have to layoff thousands of uneducated, ignorant, and conservative blue-collars. of all the thousands that were laid off from their 50k/yr job, whats the probability that 1 will have a gun and be slightly mentally unstable? who's the scapegoat? do you think your mortality rate increased by any amount being the manager to make the layoff call?

I'm from Nanaimo and have a lot of family members and friends who work or worked in a mill. Generalizing them as ignorant, and conservative blue-collars is B.S. and compete nonsense. Your post really shows who the uneducated idiot really is.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #42
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
You know they make cars that can withstand armor-piercing bullets and grenades.

Do you want ever officer to carry a bazooka?

There is no need of BP cars for law abiding citizens.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...ity-cars_x.htm
thats like saying that no one needs a lambo or ferrari you asshat.
Teh Doucher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Doucher View Post
thats like saying that no one needs a lambo or ferrari you asshat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need

A need is something that is necessary for organisms to live a healthy life. Needs are distinguished from wants because a deficiency would cause a clear negative outcome, such as dysfunction or death. Needs can be objective and physical, such as food, or they can be subjective and psychological, such as the need for self-esteem. On a societal level, needs are sometimes controversial. Understanding needs and wants is an issue in the fields of politics, social science, and philosophy.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:42 PM   #44
Banned (ABWS)

well thanks for letting me know that Wikipedia works, got anything else there smart ass?
Teh Doucher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2011, 11:59 PM   #45
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I'm from Nanaimo and have a lot of family members and friends who work or worked in a mill. Generalizing them as ignorant, and conservative blue-collars is B.S. and compete nonsense. Your post really shows who the uneducated idiot really is.
oh yeah? i guess a better example is what's the probability a small office worker in kits has a shotgun and goes hunting every season? the hypothetical scenario was based on who has a greater chance of owning a firearm.

btw I've taken a facility tour of a lumber mill before for a project. the workers there reinforced the stereotypes i heard prior to witnessing it for myself. maybe your family weren't canadian versions of rednecks, but I know a lot of mill workers who are. and be honest, you know it for yourself that a sizeable portion of mill workers are rednecks. we'd have to be naive to agree that mill workers have a near-equal amount of rednecks as any other workplace

of course, when people feel stupid, they always point the finger (in some cases they pull). maybe you were a little quick to hit the fail button there, champ. maybe you should've thought things through before using your finger to trigger the mouse cursor when hitting the fail button. you're quick to anger, maybe i should ask a mod if there's a way to bullet-proof my fail button

Last edited by BNR32_Coupe; 02-08-2011 at 12:08 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-08-2011, 12:18 AM   #46
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,958 Times in 287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_guilt View Post
next, are they going to ban secret compartments in your houses too? Since you know, only drug dealers and gangsters would ever want like a trap door or something. How about wearing jackets with too many hidden pockets? Are they going to ban those too?? fucking ridiculous.

what about our secretive concealed pockets in our clothes?
Solution!!
MWR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-08-2011, 12:52 AM   #47

Quote:
oh yeah? i guess a better example is what's the probability a small office worker in kits has a shotgun and goes hunting every season? the hypothetical scenario was based on who has a greater chance of owning a firearm.

btw I've taken a facility tour of a lumber mill before for a project. the workers there reinforced the stereotypes i heard prior to witnessing it for myself. maybe your family weren't canadian versions of rednecks, but I know a lot of mill workers who are. and be honest, you know it for yourself that a sizeable portion of mill workers are rednecks. we'd have to be naive to agree that mill workers have a near-equal amount of rednecks as any other workplace

of course, when people feel stupid, they always point the finger (in some cases they pull). maybe you were a little quick to hit the fail button there, champ. maybe you should've thought things through before using your finger to trigger the mouse cursor when hitting the fail button. you're quick to anger, maybe i should ask a mod if there's a way to bullet-proof my fail button
Wow you visited a mill for a day and that makes you an expert.

Ya lets generalize a bunch of people based on there job and location. Even after all the mill closing have you ever heard of a shooting? All I here about is douche bag drug dealers killing each other on the mainland. And the only people I know that have PB cars are drug dealers.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:57 AM   #48
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Wow. People so pissed at the government they will bitch about any law they pass, even if it will never apply to them or anyone they know.

Gangsters rarely get prosecuted for anything. Why? For many reasons. They are very well organized. They keep their mouths shut. They intimidate witnesses. And finally, and this is the biggest, they have lawyers that help them run their activities. They operate using very specific methods that have been fine-tuned by lawyers who understand the law and how the police operate. This greatly reduces their chances of getting caught, and even when they do get caught they often get off because of some loophole or minor mistake made by police.

I'm all for this law for several reasons:

1. It doesn't affect you or me and causes no hardship whatsoever to honest Canadians. So wealthy people or politicians will have to get a permit. Big deal. A few minutes of paperwork and a small fee are tiny compared to the cost of a bulletproof vehicle.

2. It didn't cost a lot of taxpayers money to pass this law. It's so obscure and affects so few people that it wouldn't have required to be tabled multiple times, it didn't require public consultation and didn't need to get re-written 10 times because of its wide scope.

3. It's a big fuck-you to gangsters. They get away with murder - literally. Anything that makes their life miserable I'm all for.

The police aren't going to be stopping regular people to see if their cars have been modded. They aren't going to travel from house to house looking for secret compartments. This gives them an excuse to pull over known gangsters and impound their vehicle and/or search a modified vehicle. That's it. Do you know how many times drug dealers have been caught with drugs in their vehicle, and got off because the police didn't have "reasonable grounds" to search their vehicle? Now they have reasonable grounds whenever they see a gangster in a modified or bulletproof car.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-08-2011, 07:23 AM   #49
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Wow. People so pissed at the government they will bitch about any law they pass, even if it will never apply to them or anyone they know.

Gangsters rarely get prosecuted for anything. Why? For many reasons. They are very well organized. They keep their mouths shut. They intimidate witnesses. And finally, and this is the biggest, they have lawyers that help them run their activities. They operate using very specific methods that have been fine-tuned by lawyers who understand the law and how the police operate. This greatly reduces their chances of getting caught, and even when they do get caught they often get off because of some loophole or minor mistake made by police.

I'm all for this law for several reasons:

1. It doesn't affect you or me and causes no hardship whatsoever to honest Canadians. So wealthy people or politicians will have to get a permit. Big deal. A few minutes of paperwork and a small fee are tiny compared to the cost of a bulletproof vehicle.

2. It didn't cost a lot of taxpayers money to pass this law. It's so obscure and affects so few people that it wouldn't have required to be tabled multiple times, it didn't require public consultation and didn't need to get re-written 10 times because of its wide scope.

3. It's a big fuck-you to gangsters. They get away with murder - literally. Anything that makes their life miserable I'm all for.

The police aren't going to be stopping regular people to see if their cars have been modded. They aren't going to travel from house to house looking for secret compartments. This gives them an excuse to pull over known gangsters and impound their vehicle and/or search a modified vehicle. That's it. Do you know how many times drug dealers have been caught with drugs in their vehicle, and got off because the police didn't have "reasonable grounds" to search their vehicle? Now they have reasonable grounds whenever they see a gangster in a modified or bulletproof car.
THAT is an awesome post. You changed my mind...a little bit.

Thanks!
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #50
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

police aready pull over people for no reason. usually on Robson street.

all they have to say is "that car don't look safe. lets pull him over" they dont need another law