REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #51
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by truong View Post
Why not just make bullets unbelievably expensive?
Try 5grand a bullet
"Better put that shit on layaway"

Advertisement
Old 02-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #52
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulos View Post
Does your house look like a crack house? If not why are you worried about some breaking in looking for coke? If on the other hand it does look like a crack house it is time to get off revscene and pick up some cleaning materials.

If you use half your brain you will more than likely never be near a person getting shot at.
Posted via RS Mobile
i forgot all grow ops have a big neon sign outside that says

"getcho weeed here, niggaz!"
Old 02-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #53
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by truong View Post
Why not just make bullets unbelievably expensive?
Try 5grand a bullet
Yes like they are walking into a local gun store and buy a box of ammo.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #54
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
^Pretty much, and would be scared to pull suspicious one due to fear of potentially getting shot.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #55
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post

I'm all for this law for several reasons:

1. It doesn't affect you or me and causes no hardship whatsoever to honest Canadians. So wealthy people or politicians will have to get a permit. Big deal. A few minutes of paperwork and a small fee are tiny compared to the cost of a bulletproof vehicle.

The police aren't going to be stopping regular people to see if their cars have been modded. They aren't going to travel from house to house looking for secret compartments. This gives them an excuse to pull over known gangsters and impound their vehicle and/or search a modified vehicle. That's it. Do you know how many times drug dealers have been caught with drugs in their vehicle, and got off because the police didn't have "reasonable grounds" to search their vehicle? Now they have reasonable grounds whenever they see a gangster in a modified or bulletproof car.

I've nothing against the spirit of the law which is to target the criminals.
But this law also had collateral damage. This is just one more example where the government sticks its hand where it doesn't belong.

There's a reason the Americans have a right to bear arms.
For that exact same reason, it's why it's taking Egypt so very long to throw out a corrupted non democratically elected dictator.
Just because it doesn't apply to me in the here and now, doesn't mean I like enabling the government to more power than it should be entitled to.

I think time is better spent closing loopholes and creating stricter penalties.

You know how in the papers it always says "known to police"?
It wouldn't be very hard for them to tail those people and arrest them for any number of infractions.

The real root of the problem is the expensive and bloated justice system.
- If it was easy to grab the known criminals
- If they wouldn't have so many loopholes for them to make trial a lengthy process
- If jail wasn't a revolving door.
- If the cost of keeping them wasn't so bad.

Imagine that every dealer, armed criminal and repeat offender got locked away and never to see light. We'd never have to deal with idiotic laws such as this.

All this does is add more burden to a system.
Not fix it.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #56
I am grateful grapefruit

^^ if only it was so easy to "fix" our justice system.

You have to remember that these lengthy processes are there to provide fair trials to everyone, not just to the criminals we want to get off the street, but also to prevent innocent people from being thrown in jail.

Things like tainted evidence that gets cases thrown out may seem like a loophole when a bad guy walks out innocent, but also prevents innocent people from being found guilty through planted evidence, etc.

Personally, I see no reason why someone would need an armoured car. And I don't really view this law as a slippery slope - leading to us going towards a Police State.
gars is offline   Reply With Quote