REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Campus Forum

Campus Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The Student Life
School events, activities, rate your prof, students helping each other..

Old 02-05-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
Need to Seek Professional Help

UVIC tuition costs and Victoria living costs?

Does anyone have a good idea of how UVIC's tuition and Victoria's living costs would be fare against UBC/SFU's tuition and Vancouver's cost of living? I'm thinking about transferring to UVIC, but will there be much of a difference in terms of financial cost?
Advertisement

then again, what do I know... i've only been here since 2000
/// E46 328i
AutozamAZ-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
If you haven't done so already, spend a weekend in Victoria before deciding if you want to attend UVIC. The environment is much different than Vancouver.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #3
Need to Seek Professional Help

thanks for the tips rr. i wanted to move to victoria, just to get away from vancouver but you bring up a very good point.

then again, what do I know... i've only been here since 2000
/// E46 328i
AutozamAZ-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,309 Times in 1,777 Posts
University tuition is about the same for all three universities. I believe that SFU still has the highest if I remember correctly but they are not far off from each other.

In terms of living costs, it would really depend on where you would be living. Everyone can have cheap rent as long as they are far away from everything. Same can be said for Vancouver or Victoria. Living expenses for groceries should be the same but transportation is a lot more accessible in Vancouver.

Victoria is nice but I probably wouldn't want to live there. However, they do have the highest hot girl with ugly ratio I have ever seen.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

i dont think i can agree with you about that ratio........ it's a lot worse than you think...
CKLCKL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I just graduated from Computer Engineering at Uvic in September 2010.

Victoria is much more chill and relaxed because the population there is a lot less dense, but they have better weather (less rain and snow), and it's awesome in the summer. Very outdoorsy, and the people there are generally pretty nice. Only downside is that places close a lot earlier, and there isn't as many stores and night clubs etc there. Their downtown is only like a few blocks?

In terms of living costs, I'm not too sure, but depends if how large you want to live. I'd say expect to pay anywhere between 500 to 750ish if you want to live with room mates. Food is probably the same, but probably a lot less choices, and less convenient.

Hot to ugly ratio, I'm not sure, because I'm in shitty engineering, but the ratio of the number of girls to boys is pretty big! But definitely a lot less CBC girls

If I were you, I'd try to register at Uvic as a distant student so that you can maybe take two years of full load there and see if you like it, and if you don't you can move back and get credit for your courses. But imo, it's always good to have more variety in your life.

I went to BCIT, Camosun College, Uvic, and SFU.
pk_volt is offline   Reply With Quote