REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Photography Lab

Photography Lab THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
A place to display digital masterpieces, enhance photography skills, photoshop, and share photo tips with one another...

Old 02-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Official Location Request Thread

Thought it's a good idea to start a thread in posting requests for locations for shoots as many scouting eyes are better than 1. I figured this can be used by everyone since we all photograph making out mindsets pay more attention to the environment than non photographers.

So if in need of a location, post it here and the rest of the community will give an input if they know of a place!

I'll start, looking for an old 80's feeling bathroom for a an editorial I plan on doing. Thinking of the white tiled dirty look. Kinda like backstage bathroom where the love child of a rockstar and groupie is conceived...

anyone knw of anywhere like this? Down in the states they have public rest areas with perfect bathrooms but not sure what they have up here in canada. cant be too public like stanley park bathroom where there's tons of ppl in and out.
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #2
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
^^^ Try looking for someone who lives in that old brick apartment building on Nelson & Bute. The bathrooms in there are straight from the 1920's.
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
Need to Seek Professional Help

Try UBC. It's been ages since I've been there but there are many old buildings there. Try an old building such as the old (original) Chemistry building. Waaay back in the early 2000s while I was a student there, the washrooms were clean, which may not be what you want, but still old-style.

Should be quiet after hours too.
Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #4

sweet! thnx for the info! ubc came to mind as well.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:43 PM   #5
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
UBC Physics (Hennings) Building, UBC Chemistry Building all have washrooms in the way you are looking for. They aren't too clean though...
Old 02-23-2011, 10:08 AM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

kinda short notice, but i need a good location or warehouse for a car shoot im doing today.
gonna be for a poster/ad so i thought of a place like an abandoned warehouse, tunnel or similar to avoid other vehicles and getting kicked out of a location.

i thought of something like this (not my pic)

Last edited by moky; 02-23-2011 at 10:13 AM.
moky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #7

the parking under the richmond oval seemed wide open and ungated at night. I dont knw how lenient they are on letting ppl shoot there but it looks like a perfect location for a car shoot
Old 02-28-2011, 11:21 AM   #8
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I thought oval shuts the parking at night, anyways the management is not lenient to photoshoot at all
Posted via RS Mobile
JapaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:03 AM   #9

i think they do shut at night, but during the day most of the lot is empty. It sucks that they dont like photoshoots, never experienced shooting there.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #10
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

i only shot at the oval once way back in 2009, before they were fully operational.
maybe the oval security wouldn't mind a photoshoot if we theoretically paid multiple fares and slots
moky is offline   Reply With Quote