REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
"White" tooth filling

Hi, I was at my dentist 3 weeks ago and they did a filling for a cavity I had. Now fast forward like 5 days, the tooth that received the filling started hurting every time I eat with it, so I booked another appointment and ate with the other side, left side, only. Now fast forward to now, I have had 2 cavity fillings on the right side of my mouth, one on top and one on the bottom. I cannot eat my right side at all, as any contact with food will cause pain and even drinking cold water causes pain. I ask my doctor and he tells me it is because of the "white" tooth filling they use.

Does anyone have a white tooth filling and can vouch for this? I don't recall ever having trouble eating after filling in cavities. Thanks!

guddagudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
i have white fillings for all of mine
no pain at all, maybe your dentist sucks =\
Old 02-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #3

That's what I think too LOL, he says it's because white tooth fillings are more prone to sensitivity but when I asked why, he doesn't really give me a straight answer.

He also denied working on my right bottom tooth 3 weeks ago, because he didn't record any work. What if he legitimately fucked up my teeth, how can I prove he worked on my bottom tooth if he denies having ever worked on it?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
ive had both types of fillings done and no pain at all...your dentist sucks lol
you dun goof'd
Old 02-09-2011, 10:40 PM   #5
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,819 Times in 3,901 Posts
^ wow nice avatar

OP: it really depends how deep your cavity was..and what type of resin composite (white) filling was used.

Are you sure he gave you fillings on the bottom? Unless you go to a very shady dentist there's no reason to lie about that at all.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #6
I am Hook'd on RS

Might need a root canel if the cavity got very deep.
kalekain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:40 AM   #7

Yea, he did mention that if I experience throbbing pain even when I'm not eating, I should call him for a root canal. I'm really scared to have him give me the root canal though...

@twitchyzero: ..., yes i'm sure he gave me a filling on the bottom tooth.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #8
I am Hook'd on RS

I'm sure you can find someone here to give you a root canel for free!!!
kalekain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #9
Old School RS

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guddagudd View Post
That's what I think too LOL, he says it's because white tooth fillings are more prone to sensitivity but when I asked why, he doesn't really give me a straight answer.

He also denied working on my right bottom tooth 3 weeks ago, because he didn't record any work. What if he legitimately fucked up my teeth, how can I prove he worked on my bottom tooth if he denies having ever worked on it?
How did you pay? This seems like a pretty easy way to verify work being performed...
Old 02-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #10
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,819 Times in 3,901 Posts
check your invoice
i'd say majority of the time patients are just completely clueless and accuse health professionals over nothing.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:41 PM   #11
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guddagudd View Post
Yea, he did mention that if I experience throbbing pain even when I'm not eating, I should call him for a root canal. I'm really scared to have him give me the root canal though...
Your dentist should have done a quick x-ray to determine how deep the cavity went. If it had reached the roots, or even near the roots, he should have brought up the option of possibly getting a root canal and crown done instead of just a quick drill and cover.

All of my fillings are white and I've never had any pain in my mouth as a result of them.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #12

Ok, it has been approximately a week and the two teeth that was worked on are still very sensitive. What are my options at the moment? I've been back to the dentists so many times, and the problem still persists. Should I go to a different clinic?

To Lomac, there was an X-ray done during the first visit and the nurse informed me I had 3 cavities, and the fucked up thing is, the cavities they noticed did not include the one they had quickly worked on that day. It was only after me bringing up the fact that my bottom right teeth had minor sensitivity from eating, that's when the doctor said, "oh there is another cavity we did not discover during the x-ray," and proceeded to work on it.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #13
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
i had a cavity once and my tooth rotted and half of it fell off,
had to get a tooth replaced, now fuck that hurt.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #14
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

If it has been a week already, and it is still hurting you. I highly suggest you go back to your dentist or another one (if if makes you feels better) and take a x-ray on it to see what is happening. If the cavity was too deep (close to the pulp) then you might need a root canal instead of just a filling. But of course it is possible that it's due to poor technique of the dentist too (I am not saying it is since I do not have your x-ray). Btw white filling is call composite resin.
RevSceen is offline   Reply With Quote