REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 02-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Anyone want coupon to Glowbal Group restaurant? REVIEW:Italian Kitchen

Italian Kitchen
1037 Alberni Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 1A1
(604) 687-2858

Maybe I should post this in the classifieds, but this is also my review of Italian Kitchen on Alberni. I did not like it one bit, as the food wasn't even hot when they served us! And the spoonful of risotto sampler, the rice wasn't even fully cooked! If you're going to serve someone food, shouldn't the chef maybe give it a test taste before sending it out?
They gave us all comment/feedback cards at the end of the dinner, and obviously, my comments were not favorable.
They mailed me a 'thank you' card...hmm, did they even read my comments? Probably not! Anyways, attached is a coupon for a complimentary satay, teaser or tapas at any one of their restuarants. Glowbal, Afterglow, Sanifir, Trattoria, Society, Italian Kitchen, Coast, O Lounge.
I'm not about to go back to any of their restaurants as I hardly ever go downtown, so if anyone wants the coupon, you're welcome to have it. Just PM me.
Advertisement
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
I agree with you. I wasn't a huge fan for Italian Kitchen. Did they email you a thank you for your honest feedback and maybe you took it the wrong way? Or was it mass spam thank you.

They love doing this, you know why? They use your mail and they mass spam you on their glowbal, sanifir promos which I hate.

I was never a big fan of italian food unless the pasta is freshly made. Risotto is a bitch, but if it wasn't fully cooked I would have sent it back.

I do like Coast, I do like Sanifir, Glowbal is just for drink, Trattoria is meh, the rest is not even worth my mention.
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,455 Times in 988 Posts
you're actually the first person ive heard say they liked sanifir
but ive heard the same kind of thing abt trattoria
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
My co-worker quite enjoyed Sanafir, but then again, he's the type that loves Samurai Sushi so....yeah.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
Sanafir was decent. We had about 7 girls and 5 guys and we booked a bed upstairs for a birthday party.

we all just chipped in on their 45 dollars per person tapas and it was interesting. you can go as cheap as 25 bucks or whatever it was, but we picked the most expensive one. There were small courses but we had a good 7-8 courses and each tasty and makes you wanting more but there's only so much to go around since it's apps. Their drinks were really good and we all got really buzzed and couldn't stop drinking the features.

We don't have much to complain. We met decent people who were sitting around us and the decor and atmosphere was great.

overall I had a great time, I've done the meals on the beds (on second floor) 3 times now and can't say it was epic but definitely not bad.
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote