REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Survivor Redmption Island Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/637805-survivor-redmption-island-discussion.html)

chin3se604 02-15-2011 08:24 PM

Survivor Redmption Island Discussion

Survivor Redemption Island
Premieres Wednesday February 16th 2011 8pm channel 11

Been watching Survivor since Season 1... and now its 22nd season is around the corner!

To all you Survivor Fans lets have discussions when this show starts!!

Boston Rob and Russell Hantz are back!

Rob Mariano’s Survivor History

Rob “Boston Rob” Mariano first appeared on Survivor: Marquesas in February 2002 and finished in tenth place as the first person voted out of the merged Soliantu tribe. It was in the show’s first All-Stars edition in 2004 that Rob gained notoriety as one of the greatest players in Survivor history when he finished in second place to his future wife Amber Brkich-Mariano. The pair formed an alliance on the first day of the game that later grew into a romantic relationship and, together, they dominated the game. Along the way, Rob stabbed many of his tribemates in the back (some of whom were his real-life friends) and burned so many bridges that the jury awarded the million dollars to Amber.
Shortly after appearing on Survivor: All-Stars, both Rob and Amber competed on CBS’s The Amazing Race and finished in second place. They then went on to compete in The Amazing Race’s first and only All-Stars edition in 2006. In Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, Boston Rob was the eighth contestant voted out of the program. It was his first time playing Survivor in six years, and he had to leave behind his wife and newborn daughter, Lucia Rose Mariano.

Russell Hantz’s Survivor History

Russell Hantz first appeared on Survivor: Samoa in September 2009 and finished in second place to pharmaceutical sales rep Natalie White. He immediately gained notoriety as the show’s biggest villain ever by lying about losing his dog in Hurricane Katrina, burning his tribemates’ socks, sabotaging his own tribe, and targeting anybody who threatened him. He also became well-known for making Survivor history by finding a total of three hidden Immunity Idols, some of them without any clues. In Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, Russell resurrected many of his old tactics and once again made it to the Final Tribal Council (along with his long-term ally Parvati Shallow and former winner Sandra Diaz-Twine), but didn’t receive a single vote to win the game. Russell was outraged and claimed that there was a flaw in the game – that he had been robbed of another victory by a bitter jury.

The Russell vs. Boston Rob Rivalry

It was not until Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, which aired from February to May 2010, that the rivalry between Russell and Rob was ignited. Almost immediately, the tribe of Villains was divided into two factions: those who followed Russell (Parvati and Danielle) and those who followed Rob (Sandra, Courtney, and Tyson). In Episode 6, Boston Rob won a crucial Immunity and kept himself safe while his ally Tyson was blindsided when Russell gave his hidden Immunity Idol to Parvati. Then, in the following episode, Jerri joined Russell’s alliance and helped vote Rob out of the game.

Delish 02-15-2011 11:55 PM

Freakin STOKKKEDDDD!!!!!!!!!! If Russell's learned anything from his last 2 seasons he'll change his game. Granted, he was good, but he was so damn unlikeable no one wanted to see him win in the end.
I was super bummed to see Boston Rob go early in the Heroes vs. Villains series so hopefully he'll stick around for awhile.

:buttrock:

chin3se604 02-16-2011 01:58 PM

russell is very good...but never has a end game when it came to the jury..he just banks on the fact he should win just because he outplays outlasts and outwits everyone which is true...but he has to consider these people always vote based on emotions and their alliances

TheNewGirl 02-16-2011 02:44 PM

I love to hate Russell. I can't wait to see how this pans out.

chin3se604 02-16-2011 03:16 PM

so what kinda players do you like? the hardworking? the goodlooking? the villain? the athletic? or the strategic?

i like the strategic player that makes moves throughout the game

but for this season im rooting for Boston Rob

Lowered_Klass 02-16-2011 07:55 PM

I know it's early, but I have a good feeling that this whole 'redemption island' thing is a great way to mix shit up even more.

Spoiler!

SkinnyPupp 02-16-2011 08:37 PM

Fucking AWESOME episode! I love Survivor, and even though it's not as popular as it used to be, I think some of their best seasons are the recent ones (except the very latest one).

They already have a new COACH, and Rob and Russell are as entertaining as ever.

So stoked for this season

RiceIntegraRS 02-16-2011 08:41 PM

it goes to show that u dont have to do jackshit to win this game, ex. Sandra.

the_rickster 02-16-2011 09:17 PM

i havent watched survivor since i layed down $50 on a bet (3-1 odds) with my girlfriend's dad that richard hatch would win the first survivor. i havent placed a bet since then, either.