REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 02-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,391 Times in 270 Posts
Survivor Redmption Island Discussion

Survivor Redemption Island
Premieres Wednesday February 16th 2011 8pm channel 11

Been watching Survivor since Season 1... and now its 22nd season is around the corner!

To all you Survivor Fans lets have discussions when this show starts!!

Boston Rob and Russell Hantz are back!

Rob Mariano’s Survivor History

Rob “Boston Rob” Mariano first appeared on Survivor: Marquesas in February 2002 and finished in tenth place as the first person voted out of the merged Soliantu tribe. It was in the show’s first All-Stars edition in 2004 that Rob gained notoriety as one of the greatest players in Survivor history when he finished in second place to his future wife Amber Brkich-Mariano. The pair formed an alliance on the first day of the game that later grew into a romantic relationship and, together, they dominated the game. Along the way, Rob stabbed many of his tribemates in the back (some of whom were his real-life friends) and burned so many bridges that the jury awarded the million dollars to Amber.
Shortly after appearing on Survivor: All-Stars, both Rob and Amber competed on CBS’s The Amazing Race and finished in second place. They then went on to compete in The Amazing Race’s first and only All-Stars edition in 2006. In Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, Boston Rob was the eighth contestant voted out of the program. It was his first time playing Survivor in six years, and he had to leave behind his wife and newborn daughter, Lucia Rose Mariano.

Russell Hantz’s Survivor History

Russell Hantz first appeared on Survivor: Samoa in September 2009 and finished in second place to pharmaceutical sales rep Natalie White. He immediately gained notoriety as the show’s biggest villain ever by lying about losing his dog in Hurricane Katrina, burning his tribemates’ socks, sabotaging his own tribe, and targeting anybody who threatened him. He also became well-known for making Survivor history by finding a total of three hidden Immunity Idols, some of them without any clues. In Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, Russell resurrected many of his old tactics and once again made it to the Final Tribal Council (along with his long-term ally Parvati Shallow and former winner Sandra Diaz-Twine), but didn’t receive a single vote to win the game. Russell was outraged and claimed that there was a flaw in the game – that he had been robbed of another victory by a bitter jury.

The Russell vs. Boston Rob Rivalry

It was not until Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, which aired from February to May 2010, that the rivalry between Russell and Rob was ignited. Almost immediately, the tribe of Villains was divided into two factions: those who followed Russell (Parvati and Danielle) and those who followed Rob (Sandra, Courtney, and Tyson). In Episode 6, Boston Rob won a crucial Immunity and kept himself safe while his ally Tyson was blindsided when Russell gave his hidden Immunity Idol to Parvati. Then, in the following episode, Jerri joined Russell’s alliance and helped vote Rob out of the game.
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Freakin STOKKKEDDDD!!!!!!!!!! If Russell's learned anything from his last 2 seasons he'll change his game. Granted, he was good, but he was so damn unlikeable no one wanted to see him win in the end.
I was super bummed to see Boston Rob go early in the Heroes vs. Villains series so hopefully he'll stick around for awhile.

Delish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #3

russell is very good...but never has a end game when it came to the jury..he just banks on the fact he should win just because he outplays outlasts and outwits everyone which is true...but he has to consider these people always vote based on emotions and their alliances
Old 02-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I love to hate Russell. I can't wait to see how this pans out.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #5

so what kinda players do you like? the hardworking? the goodlooking? the villain? the athletic? or the strategic?

i like the strategic player that makes moves throughout the game

but for this season im rooting for Boston Rob
Old 02-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
I know it's early, but I have a good feeling that this whole 'redemption island' thing is a great way to mix shit up even more.

Spoiler!
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Fucking AWESOME episode! I love Survivor, and even though it's not as popular as it used to be, I think some of their best seasons are the recent ones (except the very latest one).

They already have a new COACH, and Rob and Russell are as entertaining as ever.

So stoked for this season
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #8
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
it goes to show that u dont have to do jackshit to win this game, ex. Sandra.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

i havent watched survivor since i layed down $50 on a bet (3-1 odds) with my girlfriend's dad that richard hatch would win the first survivor. i havent placed a bet since then, either.

-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
she's a whore. you're a loser.
in the garage:
'05 Dodge Ram 2500
'06 BMW 530i
'08 Chevy Equinox LT
the_rickster is offline   Reply With Quote