REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #401
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
Let me know if you need a ringer line mate
\
haha i would but theres a cap on how many players can register and teams full

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyNvBaller View Post
creditials? stats? lol
i've seen him play. he can move and dangle similiar to players in bronze 2
Advertisement
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #402
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts

Last edited by Jgresch; 07-04-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #403
Mod.

from what i've heard it's 3 or 4 from the bottom in the langley winter league for roller
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 07-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #404

oh... lol
Old 07-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #405
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
\
haha i would but theres a cap on how many players can register and teams full

i've seen him play. he can move and dangle similiar to players in bronze 2
In langley, you just show up and sign yourself in under someone else. They NEVER check.

my goal when i sub for friends on lower teirs ie. pich teir 13/14 in the past, I try to play solid on defence, only score a goal if needed, but be invisible.

Quote:
lol... I let you read this then I'll edit it out right after.

16 years ice
Ridge Meadows Minor AAA (Last 3 years)
Lead team in points, lead in playoffs/provincials as well.

3 Years Ball Hockey
Selected twice Team BC
1st place last year Western Challenge Cup
Led Province in Points year before.

Roller
Pick up with friends lol.....
First year organized in Pich, tier 13 haha I think I'm 2nd in points? 3/game. I couldn't find a higher tier with an opening for me though.

What level is Bronze two?
The guys I play pick up roller with played From langley last year in either the top tier or 2nd top tier.
bronze 1/2 is near the borderline of when you start getting less asians and more white dominated teams.

So you're an ice hockey player starting out on roller eh. How are you finding the transition?
Old 07-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #406
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
no problem i got someone.

how's the jaw surgery
perfectly fine... no issues since. 3 years now
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #407
RS Veteran

Jgresch, you should be eating tier 13 in pich up with those credentials lol.. although roller is a bit different than ice and the transition sucks... puck is less friendly in terms of reacting the way you want/the feel of it on your blade.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:50 PM   #408

Quote:

bronze 1/2 is near the borderline of when you start getting less asians and more white dominated teams.

So you're an ice hockey player starting out on roller eh. How are you finding the transition?
Delete your quote of my post! lol
Transition is alright, I've played roller for a long time, just not organized. Playing with a puck was weird at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
Jgresch, you should be eating tier 13 in pich up with those credentials lol.. although roller is a bit different than ice and the transition sucks... puck is less friendly in terms of reacting the way you want/the feel of it on your blade.
You're right, I should be. I don't want to make excuses, but honestly its mostly my roller blades/line mates lol.

I don't really get set up much, so I have to do most of the work to score. And when I pass it off, players on my team don't have much finish lol.....

Also I threw out my quality mission boots last year (worn out). I thought i could get through this year with some cheap bauers from sportcheck as long as I had good wheels/bearings. Turns out it was a bad decision. There is zero support in the boot, and I'm skating on my ankles, causing major bruising. It's very painful every game just to skate around now.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #409
Mod.

he is lol i watched one of his games and he seems to be the only guy who really does anything lol

Quote:
Also I threw out my quality mission boots last year (worn out). I thought i could get through this year with some cheap bauers from sportcheck as long as I had good wheels/bearings. Turns out it was a bad decision. There is zero support in the boot, and I'm skating on my ankles, causing major bruising. It's very painful every game just to skate around now.
for a guy of your skating ability you shouldn't cheap out on skates. you definitely need something a lot stiffer than what you'd find locally.
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 07-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #410

Quote:
he is lol i watched one of his games and he seems to be the only guy who really does anything lol
Yea, like I said my linemates aren't helping much... The guy I played with for most of this season was 2nd in scoring like 1-2 points behind me. But we haven't been playing together lately and I haven't made it to the last couple games so he's on a 4 -5 game drought haha

Quote:
for a guy of your skating ability you shouldn't cheap out on skates. you definitely need something a lot stiffer than what you'd find locally.
Yea I keep bugging myself to go out and buy some but I keep putting it off. I might just swap my rbk ice hockey boots for a bit and see how that goes, but then I don't have anything for ice lol
Old 07-04-2011, 03:57 PM   #411
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

what team you play on jgresch?
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #412

Tiger blood tier 13.

In other news, I dropped down to 6th in scoring after missing 4 games lol
Old 07-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #413
RS Veteran

Quote:
Yea, like I said my linemates aren't helping much... The guy I played with for most of this season was 2nd in scoring like 1-2 points behind me. But we haven't been playing together lately and I haven't made it to the last couple games so he's on a 4 -5 game drought haha

Yea I keep bugging myself to go out and buy some but I keep putting it off. I might just swap my rbk ice hockey boots for a bit and see how that goes, but then I don't have anything for ice lol
the best thing i did was put some roller chassis on my old ice boots when i got new ice skates last year... oh man it was great.. so much more support.. i like how ice boots are less padded and firmer than the roller blades which are thick and soft. you need the extra stiffness on roller since there is no edge and a lot more slippery.

i know how you feel in regards to having no one to pass to. played in tier 13 last year as well in pich. but we won
Old 07-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #414

^ lol nice, Not sure how we will do in playoffs... we need to get it together.

I get what you're saying with the boot. My bauer boot is basically thick fabric haha my high-top nikes have more ankle support.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #415
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I'll vouch for jgresch too. Our teams played each other a couple weeks back. I think we won 6-5 or 7-5 or something like that. Jgresch had 4g 1a. Other than his first goal, the rest of his goals were unassisted.

jgresch, if you think your skating is hampered by your boots, I'd hate to play you if your on good boots!
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #416
Mod.

Flynvballer got a hattrick within the first 10 minutes. Such a puck hog

He also didn't play a shift until the 11 minute mark of the second lok
97 Civic CX (POS)

Last edited by !Nhan; 07-04-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:02 PM   #417
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
^ lol nice, Not sure how we will do in playoffs... we need to get it together.

I get what you're saying with the boot. My bauer boot is basically thick fabric haha my high-top nikes have more ankle support.

Matt's out for Weds night.

Which leads me to ... "LF for a roller goalie for Weds. 9:50 Richmond Ice Centre - Coliseum."

Any goalies want a front row seat to the Jgresch show? Weds is your chance!
TylerY is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #418
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
playing tmrw @ riley park at 9:40 or 9:45 with blueg2 in net. He better get a shutout
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:40 AM   #419

Quote:
Flynvballer got a hattrick within the first 10 minutes. Such a puck hog

He also didn't play a shift until the 11 minute mark of the second lo
Nah none of my goals were puck hogging type goals. I was playing defence today, usually a forward.

goal 1 - give and go cross crease pass tap in
goal 2 - received a pass on the right of the goalie near the circle, quick snap shot sharp top corner
goal 3 - pass to the point, slap shot
goal 4 - forgot how I got the puck but another slap shot just at the blueline area

and about that sitting off for half a period...I was feeling light headed and felt like fainting literally.......TDF, no sleep, no eating all weekend will do that to you.

but ya.. #00 on my team is pretty amazing, he tried out for Narch this year but didn't make it
Old 07-05-2011, 01:10 AM   #420
Big Drama Show

has anyone here ever had a serious chance at hockey? jgresch said he played triple A at one point. Has anyone here ever played or had a chance at junior A, B, and possible major junior?
Old 07-05-2011, 01:36 AM   #421
Mod.

Quote:
Nah none of my goals were puck hogging type goals. I was playing defence today, usually a forward.

goal 1 - give and go cross crease pass tap in
goal 2 - received a pass on the right of the goalie near the circle, quick snap shot sharp top corner
goal 3 - pass to the point, slap shot
goal 4 - forgot how I got the puck but another slap shot just at the blueline area

and about that sitting off for half a period...I was feeling light headed and felt like fainting literally.......TDF, no sleep, no eating all weekend will do that to you.

but ya.. #00 on my team is pretty amazing, he tried out for Narch this year but didn't make it
what's amazing is that on your team as well as the platinum game earlier is the rotation. d pinches down and the forwards are okay with playing back at the point. such sick teamwork
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 07-05-2011, 01:52 AM   #422

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
has anyone here ever had a serious chance at hockey? jgresch said he played triple A at one point. Has anyone here ever played or had a chance at junior A, B, and possible major junior?
Tried out for junior b when I was 15. Made it through the first little bit of tryouts, but I was 5'5 140 lbs so they didn't have much interest in me. @ 17 they asked me to play pending I start hitting the gym/putting on weight, i grew to 6 feet. I couldn't committ with school/work. Then over the last couple years of aaa they've mentioned me coming to play but I didn't have any interest and was enjoying my minor team.

I didn't really have a "shot" at going anywhere. Maybe if I hit my growth spurt in bantam before the dub draft and started working out hardcore, but woulda shoulda coulda right?
A few of my teammates were drafted to the NHL in the last couple years. Nobody has played yet, only for the farm teams. And lots of guys are in the states for university/college hockey.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 07-05-2011, 03:47 AM   #423
Big Drama Show

My buddy who turns 18 this month is trying out for the delta ice hawks even though he's never played rep. What are his chances?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 07-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #424

Quote:
what's amazing is that on your team as well as the platinum game earlier is the rotation. d pinches down and the forwards are okay with playing back at the point. such sick teamwork
yea, this is the type of hockey Jgresch would likely have more of an explosion of points. Maybe...

so what about it Nhan, can I sub (for free) in langley sometime? lol
Old 07-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #425
Mod.

Quote:
yea, this is the type of hockey Jgresch would likely have more of an explosion of points. Maybe...

so what about it Nhan, can I sub (for free) in langley sometime? lol
no! we don't want to get bumped up

i'll ask him see what he says
97 Civic CX (POS)