REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:56 PM   #476
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
for some reason my gloves palms gets destroyed when i player roller hockey...ive used these gloves for like 4 years for ice hockey and after about 10 games of roller hockey they are ripping..
same... it must be the heat? causing more sweat. i sweat and my gloves get wet during ice, but i would imagine there is so much more sweat during roller.
Advertisement
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:49 AM   #477
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

maybe cuz the rinks dont turn on ac anymore..
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:08 AM   #478
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvasion View Post
maybe cuz the rinks dont turn on ac anymore..
did they before? i always found roller hockey hot as hell. the only good thing that has come out of the shitty weather this summer, is that it is tolerable for roller hockey
Old 07-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #479

killarny,troutlake had ac last year.... riley never did. thats what i remember.

now killarny has 1 fan, troutlake has nothing... LAME!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #480
RS Veteran

PLAYOFFSSS!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #481
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
fuuuck, i really hope we step it up. Finishing dead last in the very bottom tier is bad enough

We need our experienced players who already play in higher tiers to step it up, same with the nubs like me
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #482
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

^^
I'm not sure if you're trolling or if you're just a tool (actually, I'm pretty sure you're just a tool). Your posts in the Sports forums are all bitching and whining about the inadequacies in adult rec/beer league hockey.

Maybe you have a lot learn, young gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
fuuuck, i really hope we step it up. Finishing dead last in the very bottom tier is bad enough

We need our experienced players who already play in higher tiers to step it up, same with the nubs like me
translation: I need the ringers on my team to start lighting it up.

Quote:
You have a lot to learn about rec hockey, young gun
i hate people who do it, but there are a lot of people playing in the same tier i play in and they deff don't belong there
The people playing the same tier you play in and they "deff don't belong there." So you were talking about the guys on your own team.

And earlier you were complaining about VACHL's drafting process?
I'm not mad, but I'm just sayin'..
BLUETIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #483

what team r u on jayare and who are u?
Old 07-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #484
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUETIGER View Post
^^
I'm not sure if you're trolling or if you're just a tool (actually, I'm pretty sure you're just a tool). Your posts in the Sports forums are all bitching and whining about the inadequacies in adult rec/beer league hockey.

Maybe you have a lot learn, young gun.

translation: I need the ringers on my team to start lighting it up.

The people playing the same tier you play in and they "deff don't belong there." So you were talking about the guys on your own team.

And earlier you were complaining about VACHL's drafting process?
I'm not mad, but I'm just sayin'..
what's up bluetiger? i'm glad you like my posts man, yours are kinda cool too
look at the players who lead our division in scoring and what team they play for
http://vihl.stats.pointstreak.com/pl...&seasonid=6591

the guy who leads our team in scoring is tied for 21st in our tier. Now when someone is averaging over 2 points a game or over a goal a game, it's hard not to think they aren't capable of playing above the very bottom tier. I really doubt players on our team were sandbagging it anyway, they seem to be trying pretty hard every time we're out there and seem to be pretty disappointed every time we lose. I definitely know that i'm not sandbagging.

Edit- I wasn't necessarily complaining about the VACHL drafting process..I just think it's pretty funny when you must 'try out' for a rec/beer league team in the first place.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #485
Big Drama Show

Quote:
what team r u on jayare and who are u?
Number 8 on Chicks & Sticks
Old 07-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #486
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
Best of luck to all teams in the playoffs. Hotjoint maybe we'll meet eachother again in the playoffs
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #487
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
yeaa SHHHHOCKERS lol we have 2 ringers but our team came in 2nd last..so sad..bad defensive play and our goalie is injured rofl...we had skaters rotating as goalie for the whole season T.T

Riley park is the worst rink ever...its so god damn hot there! Weird thing how Lord of the Rinks is first place in Zinc 2..they don't have any ringers or anything..just a well balanced team i guess..
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #488
RS Veteran

in every tier, there will players averaging more than 1-2 pts per game. It can be a combination of them getting a lot of ice time (the higher divs usually only roll 2 lines). The lower divs generally roll 3-4 lines. With Chicks/Sticks, Imo, they have way too many players. It is ridiculous to have more than 3 lines in roller hockey, 2 is actually preferable. It is pointless, and it sucks to have 3-4 lines if you are just trying to save on league fees .

Lastly, it is roller hockey. It is wide open, and pts are going to be stacked for some players.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #489
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
in every tier, there will players averaging more than 1-2 pts per game. It can be a combination of them getting a lot of ice time (the higher divs usually only roll 2 lines). The lower divs generally roll 3-4 lines. With Chicks/Sticks, Imo, they have way too many players. It is ridiculous to have more than 3 lines in roller hockey, 2 is actually preferable. It is pointless, and it sucks to have 3-4 lines if you are just trying to save on league fees .

Lastly, it is roller hockey. It is wide open, and pts are going to be stacked for some players.
I have to co-sign this. Today we're gonna be playing with 4 forward lines and 4 D pairings with 1 spare, which I think is way too many players. 4 forward lines will equal out to be like 1 shift every 10 minutes, maybe 2 if you're lucky. I think 3 is still too much, 2 with 1 spare is perfect imo. It really gets annoying though when players wanna stay out there and end up playing 2-3 minute shifts when you have a full bench..I tend to do this sometimes tho.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #490
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
same... common! we had pics taken saturday
It's the playoffs already and my team hasn't even had the pictures taken yet.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #491
Big Drama Show

lost in OT, played my worst game this year
Old 07-17-2011, 11:25 PM   #492
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peturbo View Post
It's the playoffs already and my team hasn't even had the pictures taken yet.
we had pictures taken at the LAST game.......
Old 07-17-2011, 11:32 PM   #493
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
it's so awesome when you play an elimination game and you blow out the opponent. it's even better when you play first game and being down 3-1 after the first you score 5 straight to win it

97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:14 AM   #494
Big Drama Show

is it just me or are playoffs this year a lot more physical/chippy? lots of chirping and attempted bodychecks lol
Old 07-18-2011, 01:51 AM   #495
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
hey jayare604 i watched your game with my buddy..it was a pretty good game haha we saw you push that guy down..and it sucks to have such bad luck in OT..
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:16 AM   #496
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
Hotjoint maybe we'll meet eachother again in the playoffs
That's the plan to see you guys in the finals Win or lose, if we see you guys in the finals, our season will be a success, anything less than that will be a failure.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #497
RS Veteran

playoffs in general are a lot more low scoring and physical... i felt like throwing up for the last 10 mins of the game. you sweat so much and not enough heat can escape from your body.

I don't mind the chippiness, as long as the refs are consistent.

I really don't like the 4 min high stick penalty rule. I mean shit, I lift my stick up to go around a guy in the boards, and as i bring my stick down it hits the guy on the BACK of his helmet and the guy flails like a little bitch. 4 mins for that? I can understand a missed stick lift causing a high stick, but wtf.

Are all stick infractions ie, slashes 4 min penalties too?
Old 07-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #498
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
playoffs in general are a lot more low scoring and physical... i felt like throwing up for the last 10 mins of the game. you sweat so much and not enough heat can escape from your body.

I don't mind the chippiness, as long as the refs are consistent.

I really don't like the 4 min high stick penalty rule. I mean shit, I lift my stick up to go around a guy in the boards, and as i bring my stick down it hits the guy on the BACK of his helmet and the guy flails like a little bitch. 4 mins for that? I can understand a missed stick lift causing a high stick, but wtf.

Are all stick infractions ie, slashes 4 min penalties too?
I got a 4 minute cross checking penalty which imo, shouldnt be a double minor.
The refs dun goofed it last night. They said you can only do changes on the fly in OT, when clearly an e-mail was sent out saying that rule is not in effect during the playoffs.
Elimination game tomorrow at killarney against McLovin
Old 07-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #499
RS Veteran

Quote:
I got a 4 minute cross checking penalty which imo, shouldnt be a double minor.
The refs dun goofed it last night. They said you can only do changes on the fly in OT, when clearly an e-mail was sent out saying that rule is not in effect during the playoffs.
Elimination game tomorrow at killarney against McLovin
TBH, I want roller to end already, so I can start on ice again. This is probably my last year playing roller..
Old 07-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #500
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
hey jayare604 i watched your game with my buddy..it was a pretty good game haha we saw you push that guy down..and it sucks to have such bad luck in OT..
heard you guys won last night man, congrats.
i got a question tho..do you guys bench your worst players ie. the ones who can barely skate or who are generally just ineffective out there when it's a close game?
I'm by no means the greatest player but damn, sometimes when it's a 4 on 4 it still feels like a powerplay for the other team with certain linemates