REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

FedEx Invoice Summary?????

need some help from you RSers who order stuff from ebay or online etc...

i've been buying stuff off ebay for years and have never encountered anything like this.

so basically, i ordered some window visors from ebay and i received them about 2 weeks ago. np. didn't have to pay customs or w.e.

this morning, i received a letter from FedEx saying i gotta pay an additional $17??? (yes it has all the correct info from the package i received)

i paid approx 40 for the item and 20 for shipping... from taiwan.

if this is indeed tax/customs, shouldn't i have had to pay that to receive my package?

it says
Invoice Summary
FedEx Express Services
Customs Duty..1.79
Canada HST...3.80
Advancement Fee..10.00
HST on ADV/Ancillary Service Fees..1.20
TOTAL CAD $16.79
Advertisement
(")_(")
wobuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

stuff like this happen but not often, usually you will get a pink slip along with your package for the custom. At time, the paper falls out of the package during the transaction process that's why you receive the package without having to pay. But when they do find that custom paper in the containers, they will send you an invoice about it. It's not really their fault, packages get toss around alot during the transaction
ImportXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

Basically Fedex paid the customs for you to expedite shipping, so if you fail to pay, you will be owing them money.
CKLCKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I have had more than a few issues with FedEx about this.

This is FedEXs new “service” into Canada. Basically it allows them to drop off your package (or have you pick it up or sign for it) and they bill you later for the Border crossing service. If you notice they are actually charging you MORE for the privilege.

It’s a bullshit move by FedEx, but that’s really how they are handling almost all shipments to homes in Canada that I am aware of.
91civicZC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #5
G'd up! w000weee

This is why I ship to Mail Boxes International in Blaine or TSB Shipping in Point Roberts. I get a chance of not getting taxed
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,185 Posts
The so called "Advancement Fee" or "Service Charge" - ridiculous!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,584 Times in 4,299 Posts
I've had it a number od times and I have never paid it, they will just write it off since its so small.
Posted via RS Mobile
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #8
無敵

FedEx is such a jip. DHL seems to charge more though.

muteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #9
racing & tech mod.

I'd rather pay $17 to have FedEx/UPS/DHL process it across the border and deliver it to my home, than for me to have to go down there and do it myself.

Whenever you get a 'shipping' quote, it never calculates the customs/hst fees. that's extra. You can't expect the shipping company to pay those extra fees for you, and they don't have any way to build it into the shipping cost, because they don't know the value of the package and what taxes/fees/duties are applicable at the border.

Now if you want to talk about getting ripped off: UPS used to charge $40-$90 for it - FLAT RATE. I ordered a $9 bushing with $5 shipping from Oregon and had a $45 ups brokerage fee. I nearly ripped the delivery guys head off when I found out about it.. I refused delivery and complained to UPS. Enough people complained that there was actually a class action lawsuit filed. They've since dropped the brokerage fees to more reasonable levels..
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:14 PM   #10
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I got the exact same thing. I got a letter from Fedex saying to pay them $16 for a $24 item. I was not notified about this when I received my package. I don't feel I need to pay it since I already got my package.

The HST on ADV/Ancillary Service Fees is ridiculous.
I don't have an account # with Fedex, so the next time they send me a letter, I'm saying this person doesn't exist.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 PM   #11
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

should i just ignore the letter and not pay it??

or pay the $17 ?
(")_(")
wobuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:59 AM   #12
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
id say just pay it.. its 17 bucks to avoid any more trouble

i got a package of livestock comming in from the states i wonder how much mine is going to cost.. =S
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote