REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 02-16-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
Need to Seek Professional Help

911fanatic vs Evo

This client called me to have the car cleaned up a bit before he sold it. As he had kept the interior in very good condition, we concentrated our efforts on the exterior. In the end we decided on a single stage polish and wax.

Presoak with Exclusive APC
Washed with Werkstat soap and RG Washmitt
Decontaminated with Carpro IronX
Polished with PC, Menz Power Finish and B&S Yellow
LSP was AG Hi Def
Tires dressed with Exclusive Tire Dressing beta

Total Time - 9 hours

The Evo on delivery.

Typical nasty Brembo brake dust.

Jambs were a little dirty, but it was mostly just dirt stuck to the grease on the hinges.

Even the bottom of the doors have been kept quite clean.

Wasn't exactly warm out today!

We started out with a foaming presoak of our APC, DP Extreme Foam and water. I let it soak for a couple minutes before rinsing it with pressure washer. After rinsing, the car was washed Werkstat Soap and a RG Washmitt.

Having my way with the wheels! Using our APC straight with our spoke brush and RG Brushes, I was able to remove all of the built up brake dust.

There was quite a bit of contamination on the car which required some attention.

Carpro IronX at work.

Iron X was even able to remove some embedded brake dust that was not removed during the wash process.

Client dropped off my vehicle for tomorrow! LOL Seriously.

All washed and ready for polishing.

There was some damage to the paint from some previous vandalism.

Upon inspection, there was mainly light swirls to deal with, nothing major.

A few holograms were also present, but easily remedied.

Small blem on the rear wing.

As usual when doing a one step, combo was PC7424 / B&S Yellow / Menz Power Finish. Here are the results after one pass.

Working my way around the car. As the car wasn't too bad, progress was quick. Total polishing time was around 5 hours.

These scratches were unfortunately too deep to remove safely so we had to leave them be.

There was some overspray on one of the vent visors which was removed with the same combo I used on the paint.

All polished but pre LSP.

Wheels look way better without brake dust on them! LOL

Engine was cleaned with our APC mixed 3:1, rinsed and sprayed down with AG Vinyl & Rubber Care. Let the engine run for around 20 minutes and voila!

Jambs all cleaned and sealed with AG Hi Def. ( Yes P1et - I'm still using this beater wax! )

After a coat of AG Hi Def

Cool decal!
Advertisement
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
ky

Nice job. You'd hate to see my car.
ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky View Post
Nice job. You'd hate to see my car.
Always up to a good challenge! Miracles just cost more.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #4
RS controls my life!

i am very happy with the end result. ken is very professional and his quality of work is top notch. he is honest and my expectations were met. i will strongly recommend him to all my buddy's and the rest of you out there.

you will get your money's worth.

also, if you think his shop is too far, well, its not. it is in maple ridge but dont let the location of the shop refrain you from consulting him. i did, at first but i wish i didnt because its only 30 mins away from where i live (BBY). he is very flexible and easy to deal with when it comes to appointments too.

do it now and take advantage of the winter pricing!!!

thanks again, ken!!
josel_atr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Your Evo was already pretty clean! Not even close to be a challenge lol. But the work does seem very meticulous, I like it.
Xavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavie View Post
Your Evo was already pretty clean! Not even close to be a challenge lol. But the work does seem very meticulous, I like it.
Thanks. It is nice to be able to "detail" a car because the owner has looked after it rather than having to "resurrect" it because it's been beat to death! LOL

This post thanked by: