REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

sign petition to oust Bev Oda

not sure if anybody follows canadian policits here but , the minister forged signed document. Against the own department's advice to grant funding to a charity.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1903110/

when conservatives came into power, on thr agenda was to cleanup the government. i haven't seen that happen, infact they are more if not as much dirty than the liberals.
sign a petition to oust her http://petition.liberal.ca/bevodamustresign/

ps. too add to this, she lied in the parliment a few times to cover this up
Advertisement
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

And then she lied about it, multiple times when she got caught!

She totally needs to go.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I never looked much into politics but I don't like bad politicians cuz they might affect me. Petitioned.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #4
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryV6Sport View Post
i dun lyke bad poliwhatyoucallems no much neither. Petitioned.
well thank god we have such rational and informed people in society to make sure things like this never happen!

good thing you have a good abadah

Last edited by RRxtar; 02-18-2011 at 05:03 PM.
RRxtar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryV6Sport View Post
I never looked much into politics but I don't like bad politicians cuz they might affect me. Petitioned.
Sadly ^ is exactly why we have bad politicians.

Representation by attrition for the lose.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
wow.... i actually never heard about this... what the fuck...???

as for Kairos you would think they would unite all faiths for their common goal of fighting for Human Rights rather than just christian ones

Quote:
Immigration Minister Jason Kenney initially told an Israeli audience that Kairos was cut off because the government didn’t like its views on Israel
WOW

this is the official goal of Kairos on Israel/Palestine

Quote:
KAIROS seeks to promote a peace that is just for both Palestinians and Israelis and for people of all religions, particularly Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, the three main religions rooted in the Middle East. KAIROS welcomes dialogue on its work, which is strongly informed by partners in the region and by our common focus on peace-building.
this is a summary of their views

http://www.kairoscanada.org/en/right...-east-summary/

Im actually quite shocked about the weaselly tactic used.... simply handwriting a "not" in the recommendation to support Kairos... wtf?

Thanks for the info tool001

Last edited by StylinRed; 02-18-2011 at 08:43 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:41 AM   #7
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
BEV ODA?? forget bev oda, THIS is what makes my blood boil

Quote:
$42M glass dome approved for Parliament

The federal government has approved plans to build a magnificent $42-million glass dome on Parliament Hill as a new home for the House of Commons — a temporary one.

The Commons will be moved to the fancy new digs while the existing chamber on Parliament Hill is being renovated, a process expected to take about seven years.

MPs and their parliamentary seats will then be moved back to the current chamber, and the soaring glass dome renovated at further expense to house three parliamentary committee rooms.

The federal Public Works Department claims the project will cost $42 million, but won’t say what is included in that amount.

A number of experts familiar with the project have told CBC News that the temporary glass-domed Commons will almost certainly end up costing Canadian taxpayers well over $100 million.

And the Senate wants its own glass dome during renovations to the upper chamber. Officials say that project would likely cost taxpayers as much as the temporary quarters for the Commons.

New Democrat MP Pat Martin called the plan to move the Commons into the temporary home “the genesis of a boondoggle.”

“Everything they do around here costs 10 times as much as it should and takes 10 times as long … Guaranteed they will screw it up.”

The glass dome for the Commons is all part of an extreme makeover of the crumbling Parliament Buildings, a rapidly growing government money pit that is already years late and more than 1,000 per cent over the initial budget of $465 million.

While the government now admits the Hill restoration could cost up to $5 billion, Auditor General Sheila Fraser recently warned the final bill could be much larger.

A major part of those overall costs has been creating elaborate temporary offices for MPs and parliamentary services — facilities such as the Commons dome — while the Hill is under renovations.
A 'crystal palace'

The National Capital Commission met Friday to give final approval to the design of the glass dome that some federal officials have dubbed the “crystal palace.”

The project was officially unveiled by commission architect Linda Dicaire, who said the spectacular dome is necessary to “provide parliament with a dignified chamber and quality facility worthy of Canada's most democratic institution."

The dome will be built in what is now an open courtyard in the West Block of the Parliament Buildings.

The temporary Commons chamber will have exactly the same dimensions and layout as the existing one, complete with tiered seating for MPs and overhanging visitors’ galleries.

The soaring glass ceiling is being designed to match the neo-Gothic architecture of the rest of the Parliament Buildings.

The building will include a cafeteria and an underground tunnel with its own skylights, connecting the temporary Commons chamber to a whole new visitors’ centre.

Government officials say they expect the “crystal palace” to be ready to host desk-thumping MPs and parliamentary debates starting around 2018.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/politics/story/201...#ixzz1EOcjqlTR

cliff notes:
- temporary building for house of commons will be $42million dollar glass palace
- rennovations for parliament hill is 1000% over budget, ~$500million to well over $5billion
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:51 AM   #8
Need to Seek Professional Help

Last edited by m!chael; 11-05-2018 at 09:58 PM.
m!chael is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #9

THIS shit is why we need young, educated people taking a much more active hand in politics and actually voting and protesting and telling the government what kind of shit they won't put up with.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:59 PM   #10
Need to Seek Professional Help

In case you're confused...

Bev:

Odo:

But, Bev+Odo =/= Bev Oda:

Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #11
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
to say she's ugly would be a huge understatement.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #12
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky View Post
In case you're confused...

Bev:

Odo:

But, Bev+Odo =/= Bev Oda:

My bad. It started as "Bev Od" and I remembered "Odo" wrong.

Fixed now.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:48 AM   #13
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Gollums mom is Canadian?

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote