REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 02-19-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Any good Wheel repair shops!? NEED HELP!

Any of you guys know any good wheel repair shops? My work T1S are ruined... The black chrome are all peeling off on all 4 wheels!

Please let me know right away, Thanks!!

Advertisement
AZNLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
I keep reading that chrome is not done in vancouver at all. Not sure if Black chrome is any different. If anything, try to consult NuBrite, they have a variety of finishes and they just custom finished my work meisters and I highly recommend their work
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,491 Times in 341 Posts
you drove it through the winter?
AVS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,545 Times in 4,323 Posts
While I have no experience myself, I have been recommended Nu-Brite by several of the reputable RS sponsors.

I think it looks peasant as fuck and to me this is a 3/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
^PICS DAMNIT!!!! ill eat the pate out of her banhmi anytime.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3lv View Post
I keep reading that chrome is not done in vancouver at all. Not sure if Black chrome is any different. If anything, try to consult NuBrite, they have a variety of finishes and they just custom finished my work meisters and I highly recommend their work
Do you mind if you can tell me how much you spent and the duration they took? Also is the custom finish powder coated or painted? PM me if you like Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVS_Racing View Post
you drove it through the winter?
Just sticked it on last week and this happened. Owned these wheels for 2 years now and very well taken care of.. But guess not anymore..
Old 02-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I highly recommend Nu-brite. I use them daily through work. They usually take 4-5 days for some wheels. Ask them to push yours ahead if you need them. Simple weels are faster. It won't be cheap but it will be done right. Worst case have them strip the wheels down and pick a different finish to have them re done in.

604-888-3630 ask for Richard or Christy.
bad5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:06 PM   #7

^ thanks, i'll definitely give them a shout tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #8
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNLobster View Post
Do you mind if you can tell me how much you spent and the duration they took? Also is the custom finish powder coated or painted? PM me if you like Thanks!
I had to get mine stripped and refinished completely. Lip was re-polished, fixed all the bends in the wheel, and finished the centers in a custom color. Took 3 business days, $1000.
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:42 PM   #9
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Nu-brite in Port Kells, Panther in Surrey, and Green's Automotive in Richmond. Having spoken to all three, Green's is the only one that does wheel widening, and directed to from the other two. And a quite a few people from Seattle area come up to Green's for wheel repairs.
marksport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:14 AM   #10
The Fiesta Dipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3lv View Post
I had to get mine stripped and refinished completely. Lip was re-polished, fixed all the bends in the wheel, and finished the centers in a custom color. Took 3 business days, $1000.
K3LV

Which shop did you go to man? Do you have any pictures of the work when you got the wheels back? I need to get my 19's refinished and one wheel has a bend as well 1000$ sounds reasonable.
Posted via RS Mobile
E_Fahlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #11
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
nobody in bc can do chroming, greens outsources the wheels to strip the chrome. if you want it chromed again then your gonna have to ship it somewhere in the states that can do it

i would go to greens and get it stripped and painted for 1300 including fixing some curb rashes on 2 wheels. they used high temp paint

he went from this

to this
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #12
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzz786786 View Post
nobody in bc can do chroming, greens outsources the wheels to strip the chrome. if you want it chromed again then your gonna have to ship it somewhere in the states that can do it

i would go to greens and get it stripped and painted for 1300 including fixing some curb rashes on 2 wheels. they used high temp paint

he went from this

to this

I talked to a couple of local shops, and they can chemically strip the chrome and rechrome the wheels, and some that can just sandblast and powdercoat them. The price they quoted me was quite higher than what I have seen in US and ebay companies.
marksport is offline   Reply With Quote