REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Valet May Have Scratched/Dented my Car (https://www.revscene.net/forums/638192-valet-may-have-scratched-dented-my-car.html)

ajax 02-20-2011 02:54 PM

Valet May Have Scratched/Dented my Car

Last night I had stayed at the Rosedale on Robson and left my car for the valet to take down. Parking is fairly cheap there and probably due to the Canucks game the underground was full. I had asked the hotel what I should do and they said to leave the car in the front and a valet will take it down when there are spots.

I am not entirely sure what time my car was taken underground but it was between ~8pm-~10pm. I did not move my car after I got the the hotel and the only person with the keys was the valet. This morning my car was brought up and I made the mistake of not checking the car as I simply put my bag in my trunk and got it and left. When I got home I realised behind the drivers side door there was a large dent and scratches.

Once I saw them I called the hotel and asked if they have cameras in their underground lot. They said they do however the security office was not open and the hotel manager is going to be in tomorrow.

I'm trying to gather information on what would be my course of action with this. I am going to be informing ICBC about it as soon as possible. Has anyone else had an issue like this before?

It doesn't look as if someone scraped their bumper on my car but like someone hit a metal pole. I remember when I got my car the valet gave me my keys and hurried inside without saying anything. I am trying not to point any fingers but at this time I suspect the valet and not someone who parked beside me.

shenmecar 02-20-2011 02:58 PM

I dont trust valets. they take customer's BMW suv and go for a 240+kmh run with it.

Anjew 02-20-2011 04:15 PM

in the 2 years i used to pay for monthly parking in a parking lot that shared with the renaissance hotel downtown. i see valets drive the cars like shit all the time.

baggdis300 02-20-2011 06:26 PM

^^ of course

its not there car, they didn't pay for it so they do what ever the hell they want

worst part is you TIP them to do it...

m!chael 02-20-2011 09:34 PM

LiquidTurbo 02-20-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m!chael (Post 7312989)

On the other hand, if you came out of your 750Li and threw your keys at me like I'm your bitch, you don't want to know what I'll do to your car.

:stfu::failed:

Dude. You're a valet. Your job definition is being paid to be someone's parking bitch. So you'll trash their car?

busdriverman 02-20-2011 10:47 PM

i am and have been a valet for the last 3 years, and i have never ever ripped a customers car. even if a customer is a prick, i wont rip their car

the worst i have done is let a smelly one rip inside of his/her car, and close the door immediately LOL

that way, i am not putting the car in between the beef i have with the asshole customer, but the a-hole gets owned in the process. even if the douche doesnt tip, i still get my laugh haha

PiuYi 02-20-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo (Post 7313084)
:stfu::failed:

Dude. You're a valet. Your job definition is being paid to be someone's parking bitch. So you'll trash their car?

a valet's job is to park someones car for them so they don't have to deal with finding parking where there may be none or simply for their convenience

its not to be someone's "parking bitch"

orange7 02-20-2011 11:37 PM

if I were a valet, I'd red limit every car I get my hands on.

wouldn't you?

flagella 02-20-2011 11:41 PM

Rofl, that's like spitting into customers' dishes as a waiter and when customers treat you badly. You'd be SOL if the driver ever finds out because he'll make your life miserable. Better be careful fcking around with expensive cars since you'll never know if there's a hidden camera.

hk20000 02-20-2011 11:58 PM

I was a valet for no more than a month and I tell you there are only 2 things that could happen.

1. it was busy as hell, he's tired, he will drive carelessly.
2. it was quiet as hell, he's bored, he got a car to drive, he will drive with much..... exuberance.

What do you want? Either way I'm parking my own car.