REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Valet May Have Scratched/Dented my Car

Last night I had stayed at the Rosedale on Robson and left my car for the valet to take down. Parking is fairly cheap there and probably due to the Canucks game the underground was full. I had asked the hotel what I should do and they said to leave the car in the front and a valet will take it down when there are spots.

I am not entirely sure what time my car was taken underground but it was between ~8pm-~10pm. I did not move my car after I got the the hotel and the only person with the keys was the valet. This morning my car was brought up and I made the mistake of not checking the car as I simply put my bag in my trunk and got it and left. When I got home I realised behind the drivers side door there was a large dent and scratches.

Once I saw them I called the hotel and asked if they have cameras in their underground lot. They said they do however the security office was not open and the hotel manager is going to be in tomorrow.

I'm trying to gather information on what would be my course of action with this. I am going to be informing ICBC about it as soon as possible. Has anyone else had an issue like this before?

It doesn't look as if someone scraped their bumper on my car but like someone hit a metal pole. I remember when I got my car the valet gave me my keys and hurried inside without saying anything. I am trying not to point any fingers but at this time I suspect the valet and not someone who parked beside me.
Advertisement
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
I dont trust valets. they take customer's BMW suv and go for a 240+kmh run with it.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

in the 2 years i used to pay for monthly parking in a parking lot that shared with the renaissance hotel downtown. i see valets drive the cars like shit all the time.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

^^ of course

its not there car, they didn't pay for it so they do what ever the hell they want

worst part is you TIP them to do it...
baggdis300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

Last edited by m!chael; 11-05-2018 at 09:58 PM.
m!chael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #6
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m!chael View Post

On the other hand, if you came out of your 750Li and threw your keys at me like I'm your bitch, you don't want to know what I'll do to your car.

Dude. You're a valet. Your job definition is being paid to be someone's parking bitch. So you'll trash their car?
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-20-2011, 10:47 PM   #7
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

i am and have been a valet for the last 3 years, and i have never ever ripped a customers car. even if a customer is a prick, i wont rip their car

the worst i have done is let a smelly one rip inside of his/her car, and close the door immediately LOL

that way, i am not putting the car in between the beef i have with the asshole customer, but the a-hole gets owned in the process. even if the douche doesnt tip, i still get my laugh haha
busdriverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post

Dude. You're a valet. Your job definition is being paid to be someone's parking bitch. So you'll trash their car?
a valet's job is to park someones car for them so they don't have to deal with finding parking where there may be none or simply for their convenience

its not to be someone's "parking bitch"
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

if I were a valet, I'd red limit every car I get my hands on.

wouldn't you?
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-20-2011, 11:41 PM   #10
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Rofl, that's like spitting into customers' dishes as a waiter and when customers treat you badly. You'd be SOL if the driver ever finds out because he'll make your life miserable. Better be careful fcking around with expensive cars since you'll never know if there's a hidden camera.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:58 PM   #11
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
I was a valet for no more than a month and I tell you there are only 2 things that could happen.

1. it was busy as hell, he's tired, he will drive carelessly.
2. it was quiet as hell, he's bored, he got a car to drive, he will drive with much..... exuberance.

What do you want? Either way I'm parking my own car.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote