REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Spousal RRSP's and Home Buyers Plan.

Got a question regarding spousal RRSP's and the Home Buyers Plan.

Me and my fiance are planning to buy a home in the future. I have over the $25k RRSP withdrawal limit for Home Buyers Plan (HBP) invested. My fiance does not, so if I were to contribute spousal RRSP's (ie, the contribution affects my taxable income), can we both
withdraw up to $25k each under the HBP plan, or do we not qualify since I am the one who made the majority of the RRSP investments?
Advertisement
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I don't think it matters who makes the contribution, since under the spousal plan you are contributing into her registered account. I'm pretty sure it works this way, but I am no certified expert though.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

call they cra, they have a pretty nice call in phone line and you get to talk to real people
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:38 AM   #4
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

u have to note that when you make a contribution into a spousal plan, it takes 3 years to actually be in her name for the withdrawal or else it would be in your name
hirevtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
thanks guys, went to see the wife's financial advisor on friday and got everything settled.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote