REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 02-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Drycleaners lost my jacket

I took my barely worn $200 armani exchange jacket that I bought this december to Tip Top drycleaners on victoria and they keep telling me to give them another week to find it.
Its been 3 weeks now and they said they lost it and they're only gonna pay me back 30% less than what the jacket is worth so $164.
Wtf is that bullshit. They make me go through all the trouble and now I have to buy the jacket again and theyre offering me less than retail? is there anything I can do about this.
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2011, 04:59 PM   #2

(if youve seen Conan) TELL THEM YOU ARE THE SITUATION AND YOU WANT TO SPEAK TO THE SOLUTION

other than that, i think thats pretty generous what theyre offering. Maybe try and tell them its worth 285? 30 percent of that is 200 haha

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #3

^ thats generous? They kept me waiting for weeks reassuring that they had it and now I'm forced to buy a new jacket for more than what theyre giving me.
My jacket was already basically new.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
^ thats generous? They kept me waiting for weeks reassuring that they had it and now I'm forced to buy a new jacket for more than what theyre giving me.
just from a monetary view. they couldve easily offered you nothing at all

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
What is written on the back of the slip of paper they gave you? There must be some kind of mention of liability about lost articles of clothing. Hope you get your jacket back.
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
How the fuck you lose a jacket?

Maybe it's like that Seinfeld where they wear the clothes.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #7

The slip they gave me only says they're not liable for any damages. Nothing about lost of clothing.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #8
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
have you taken them the receipt of the jacket to prove it's new? Maybe try that and see what they say about it. Or bargin with them take the $64 but you want $50 in credit or something like that.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #9
I don't get it

They're full of shit.

They could have easily taken your jacket on purpose and pay you much less to get a discount.
darkfroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #10
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I think theres nothing you can really do besides take the money theyre offering you and never go back there again.
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #11
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfroggy View Post
They're full of shit.

They could have easily taken your jacket on purpose and pay you much less to get a discount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowda9 View Post
I think theres nothing you can really do besides take the money theyre offering you and never go back there again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
That IS generous. Some places will give you less than 50%, or nothing at all.

Judging from them giving you 70%, they probably "lost it," or gave it to another customer by accident.
It doesn't make sense for them to get the jacket at a discount.
They pay you $160 for a $200 jacket. So they only save $40.
I don't think them getting $40 off a $200 jacket is worth a customer's continuous business. Each time you get stuff cleaned, it's what, $10-30?

It doesn't matter if your jacket is brand spankin new, or if you've had it for a couple years. To them, it's just a jacket.

The one on Main and 16th or something "lost" my cousin's $1000 peacoat, and they only reimbursed him $300. They were super apologetic. He was pissed, but what's done is done. Being the bigger man, he actually kept going back to that dry cleaner, because now he knows that the workers pay extra attention to him, give him little discounts here and there, always serve him first, etc. And now when he goes back he just jokes about it a little with the workers.. "so.. did you find my jacket yet?" And you can see the workers laughing, but inside they're like "..fuck." lol

Yeah you lost money, but shit happens. Just take the 70% and buy yourself a new jacket. That 40-some dollars isn't worth the time, not to mention legal costs, of taking up a lawsuit.

Then find another drycleaner, or go back to the same one and don't act like an asshole and maybe they'll bump you to VIP status. Up to you. Not much else you can do at this point.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0

Last edited by PJ; 02-24-2011 at 08:29 PM.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2011, 10:18 PM   #12
10psi aint enough...

Something like this happened to my family.

Apparently they brought a coat to drycleaners and somehow they lost it. They claim that it had to be sent to their "bigger factory" to get it steamcleaned and got lost in the mixup.

My family was so pissed off cause it was one of those expensive warm coats for winter and it was fairly new and never worn.
The cleaner offered to buy back a coat similar but it was rare to find. So we showed him the receipt and he offered to pay back 75% of the value.

But I know how OP feels...sucks when they lose your personal item. Its not the money sometimes, but the fact that the clothing is something u liked.
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #13
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Yup, go back and say, i am really not happy, and even though you can even show you the receipt on how much it is. i know you've already paid 75 % of the value, ask them if u can get credit on future dry clean.

give BBB a call also and if they have long chain of bad records on BBB, it'll give u more leverage.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote