REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Free Mcdonalds coffee Feb 28th-March 6th (https://www.revscene.net/forums/638573-free-mcdonalds-coffee-feb-28th-march-6th.html)

RevYouUp 02-24-2011 08:17 PM

Free Mcdonalds coffee Feb 28th-March 6th

here it comes again

http://www.mcdonalds.ca/en/index.aspx

roastpuff 02-24-2011 08:50 PM

Yessssssssssssssssss.

TypeRNammer 02-24-2011 08:54 PM

Only small coffee though =.=*

vafanculo 02-24-2011 09:09 PM

If I'm not mistaken, mcd always seems to have free coffee the same time timmies has 'roll up the rim'.
Posted via RS Mobile

HondaGuy 02-24-2011 09:09 PM

Yah, saw the commercial today too...

FREE!!

heheh...remember in late november/early december when free coffee was any size? man, everyone in line was getting the larger size hahahha...

Guess they are trying to limit our orders.

jack3d 02-24-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypeRNammer (Post 7318505)
Only small coffee though =.=*

Get more than one

dboy 02-24-2011 10:13 PM

It said small coffee last time too but it was any size. Hopefully like that this time too.

keifun 02-24-2011 10:16 PM

free sm. coffee and two apples pies for breakfast.

:woot2:

mrclean604 02-24-2011 10:29 PM

yessss it's backk

Noizz 02-24-2011 10:58 PM

I have a word of caution for you folks, it may not be the case in every McDonalds and perhaps the practice of this individual did not realize what they were doing, but here is an observation of mine.

During the last free coffee give away, I witnessed a homeless person come into the restaurant with a used coffee cup asking for a refill. This particular location had one stir stick used to stir the sugar and cream of the coffee. The employee proceeded to pour the black coffee into the used cup and added cream and sugar thereafter. The employee then used what is known to me now as a communal stir stick to mix the coffee.

The next person to get a free coffee gets the lucky treatment of sharing the stir stick that stirred the homeless person's cup. No one wants other people's juices in their coffee.... Although I'm sure the coffee is quite hot and probably hot enough to kill any germs or bacteria, it's not the proper way to serve food/beverages. The intention of the communal stir stick is probably to cut down on environmental waste, but they could at least use a new cup, which would be just as bad as using disposable stir sticks.

In comparison, I've noticed that Tim Hortons uses a new wooden stir stick for each coffee they sell regardless of whether the cup was new or not. They put it aside which probably goes off for recycling.

TRDood 02-24-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noizz (Post 7318675)
I have a word of caution for you folks, it may not be the case in every McDonalds and perhaps the practice of this individual did not realize what they were doing, but here is an observation of mine.

During the last free coffee give away, I witnessed a homeless person come into the restaurant with a used coffee cup asking for a refill. This particular location had one stir stick used to stir the sugar and cream of the coffee. The employee proceeded to pour the black coffee into the used cup and added cream and sugar thereafter. The employee then used what is known to me now as a communal stir stick to mix the coffee.

The next person to get a free coffee gets the lucky treatment of sharing the stir stick that stirred the homeless person's cup. No one wants other people's juices in their coffee.... Although I'm sure the coffee is quite hot and probably hot enough to kill any germs or bacteria, it's not the proper way to serve food/beverages. The intention of the communal stir stick is probably to cut down on environmental waste, but they could at least use a new cup, which would be just as bad as using disposable stir sticks.

In comparison, I've noticed that Tim Hortons uses a new wooden stir stick for each coffee they sell regardless of whether the cup was new or not. They put it aside which probably goes off for recycling.

That's fucked up for McDicks.

I see that Tim Hortons use a metal spoon for stirring. But Tims never give out free coffee, so that's no problem.

Oh god, does this mean when a customer bring in their cup... and the employee is too lazy to rinse it... SHIT

lgman 02-24-2011 11:25 PM

Thx for the tip. Did you know AYCE sushi place reuse their shells and leftover rice? :haha:

Back on topic... the 41st and Victoria Dr. location was S.M.R.T! they brought the coffee outside and had the masses of freeloading-homeless-oldasian-cheapos segregated from the paying customers.

jack3d 02-25-2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

Thats disgusting.. no way the coffee is hot enough to kill bacteria. Unless the coffee is like 100 degrees celcius.. which would be boiling when you get it but regardless.. thats gross

StealthFighter 02-25-2011 04:47 PM

never thought about that...getting my coffee black from now...

Warp9Racing 02-25-2011 07:57 PM

hmmm....so maybe, its the crack from the bums mouth that gets you addicted to mcdicks coffee....

BECAUSE I LOVE MCDONLDS COFFEE...FUCKING LOVE IT!

Not really racist! 02-25-2011 08:06 PM

pay 10 cents to get a large IIRC or some not expensive value

drunkrussian 02-26-2011 06:54 AM

tim hortons roll up rim>small free mcd coffee
Posted via RS Mobile

MG1 02-26-2011 12:09 PM

Tim Horton's coffee more overrated than Luongo

RevRav 02-28-2011 06:48 AM

Bump for those that actually want / don't mind McDonald's coffee.
Posted via RS Mobile

shawn79 02-28-2011 10:18 AM

45cent tax for lrg coffee wtf? At cambie/broadway mcd
Posted via RS Mobile

InvisibleSoul 02-28-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn79 (Post 7322860)
45cent tax for lrg coffee wtf? At cambie/broadway mcd
Posted via RS Mobile

You probably paid 40¢ plus tax as the difference from the free small coffee to a large.

darkfroggy 02-28-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Actually, workers are not supposed to stir the refills. That's why they have the brown stirrers at the condiment station.

Personally, I could not be bothered waiting 15 mins in line for a coffee that's only worth a few cents.

bcrdukes 02-28-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89blkcivic (Post 7320293)
Tim Horton's coffee more overrated than Luongo

Sig'd! Thank you! :D

Calinfornia 02-28-2011 12:49 PM

Mcdonalds coffee is crap

Durrann 02-28-2011 12:49 PM

anyone bother purchasing anything? LOL