REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Campus Forum

Campus Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The Student Life
School events, activities, rate your prof, students helping each other..

Old 02-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

UBC Okanagan - Mature Student

Hey,

Just wondering how the whole acceptance for mature students goes?

I can technically apply as a normal undergrad, but also as a mature student.

I also might be self-reporting my grades a tad bit later than the earliest people, if that makes any difference.

Just curious if maybe applying as a mature student would be the safer bet. I do match all the requirements to the specific program.

Another question is...does UBC keep sending out offers of acceptance into late May and even mid-to-late June?

I will most likely be self-reporting my grade right at the end of April...and 2/3 of those classes will be completed at the time.

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to fill me in!!

Greatly appreciated!!
Advertisement
4runner21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
4runner21,

I will move this to the Campus Forum as you may have a better chance of getting the answer you are looking for.

You may want to call or email UBC Admissions. They are extremely helpful and will provide you with the information you need. Good luck!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:49 AM   #3
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Call admissions. They tell you if you qualify as a mature student.

You can't dick around for 5 years after high school working somewhere for 8 an hour and expect to be considered one. They want to hear a story, and they want to know that you are commited to complete school and not drop out. I got accepted as a mature student but the program I'm entering (sciences) needed alot of upgrades.

A good example would be my brother. He had an appoitment with a UBC counselor regarding admissions (he's a small business owner) and was told that he could enter any program he wanted 2 years in regardless of admission requirements for the program.

Really shows you that the first 2 years of school is just to weed out people.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

ahaha, yea it totally is.

i had a teacher last semester, he was a total douche bag, this semester SO much nicer..

i acutally enjoy going to his lectures now.
baggdis300 is offline   Reply With Quote