REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,438 Times in 1,120 Posts
Condo insurance providers

For my 2-bedroom condo, I've been buying insurance from Intact (formerly ING) for the last 3 years. However, my premiums have been going up (which is to be expected), but for this upcoming year, my premium has gone up close to 25%. Some features have been added of course to justify the increase, but they're rather irrelevant to me.

For those who own condos, which providers are you using? My main concerns are water damage protection and I suppose theft up to a reasonable amount. I don't have precious metals or jewelery at home, I don't keep large amounts of cash at home, and I'm not too concerned about added protection for my storage locker since it's been broken into twice over the past 3 years. (I have never made any claims, btw.)

My premium is now in 300ish; when I started in 2007, it was just above $200.

TIA.
Advertisement
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I use CDI and I've not had any problems with them.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
do you guys pay 2-300/ month or year?
sorry for the noob question. looking into townhome insurance these days..

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

i bought mine from bcaa. it's around $175 per year for my 4bdrm condo coverage of 45k it good stolen/damaged
Old 02-25-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

+1 for BCAA. We pay around $250 I think, but it was cheaper to go through BCAA, buy the BCAA membership, than our previous provider Vancity (now Cooperators). Our insurance is more because we have commercial units on ground level, I think ING wanted a 50% upcharge due to commercial units
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote