REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah knows how to make an entrance (https://www.revscene.net/forums/638751-saudi-arabias-king-abdullah-knows-how-make-entrance.html)

avinayyar 02-27-2011 04:45 AM

Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah knows how to make an entrance

Notice two Dillon Aero's Assault SUV's front & behind King's Mercedes

StylinRed 02-27-2011 04:56 AM

and they say Mubarak and Gaddafi are leeching money ;)

FerrariEnzo 02-27-2011 05:28 AM

why isnt he rolling in a stretched hummer???

zulutango 02-27-2011 05:51 AM

"We know what he's compensating for"...(Shrek)

shenmecar 02-27-2011 09:21 AM

Thats some fucking annoying music.

hirevtuner 02-27-2011 09:52 AM

is he the guy who had the valet curb the Bugatti?

tr0ubl3s0m3x 02-27-2011 10:48 AM

That's why we pay $1.28 per litre. -__-

BrRsn 02-27-2011 11:01 AM

funny thing is he has all those cars for "security" all its gonna take is one RPG or one sniper to kill his ass. What good is a armored truck infront and behind you? assuming his benz isn't armored

or you know, he could be a typical fob and rolll 20 deep, JUST IN CASE shit goes down

tiger_handheld 02-27-2011 11:45 AM

if i was the king and my safety was in question. i'd send a crew out like this for show, and roll in a fuken mini van using an alternate route.

twitchyzero 02-27-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 7321549)
funny thing is he has all those cars for "security" all its gonna take is one RPG or one sniper to kill his ass. What good is a armored truck infront and behind you?

i thought that's why there are SUV's travelling alongside his benz...making it a harder target for RPG...and I'm willing to be the car is armoured..but I'm sure a few sniper rifle can still penetrate bullets through window armour.

Mr.C 02-27-2011 12:12 PM

Just wondering, what's the point of an armoured Benz if you have the windows down a few centimeters?

dvst8 02-27-2011 12:20 PM

I am thankful to live in Canada

Chronix 02-27-2011 01:08 PM

kinda odd theres no protests in saudi arabia. i guess the king is at least doing something right.

allah is great

Razor Ramon HG 02-27-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronix (Post 7321711)
kinda odd theres no protests in saudi arabia. i guess the king is at least doing something right.

allah is great

Quick search on his Wikipedia page says..

* King Abdullah paid for the separation surgery of a pair of Polish conjoined twins, which took place at the King Abd al-Aziz Medical City in Riyadh on January 3, 2005. He was given "honorary citizenship" by the Polish town of Janikowo, where the twins were born. March 18, 2005 was awarded Order of the Smile (which he earned during his visit in Poland in 2007).

* He has established two libraries, the King Abdulaziz Library in Riyadh and another in Casablanca, Morocco.

* He donated over $300,000 to furnish a New Orleans high school rebuilding after Hurricane Katrina.

* He has donated $50 million in cash and $10 million worth of relief materials for the 2008 Sichuan earthquake in China.[62]

* He donated $10 billion to the endowment fund of the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology in May 2008.[63]

* He established the King Abdullah University (Rawalakot) in Pakistan's Azad Jammu & Kashmir after the 2005 Kashmir earthquake.

* On February 5, 2011, he waived $156 million USD of housing loans for nearly 3,300 Saudis who had passed away. [64]

Guess he's not entirely bad.

Arash 02-27-2011 04:30 PM

Providing fuel and partnership with the world largest military apparatus, priceless.

Nightwalker 02-27-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

funny thing is he has all those cars for "security" all its gonna take is one RPG or one sniper to kill his ass. What good is a armored truck infront and behind you? assuming his benz isn't armored

or you know, he could be a typical fob and rolll 20 deep, JUST IN CASE shit goes down

All those benz are armoured. Look at the edge of the passenger window.

murd0c 02-27-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

those cars couple prob take a RPG and if the suv's see any danger the people get blasted

StylinRed 02-27-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronix (Post 7321711)

allah is great

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG (Post 7321939)
Quick search on his Wikipedia page says..

Spoiler!

Guess he's not entirely bad.

nope do some further research... any dissidents are taken care of promptly (probably faster than China)

CanadaGoose 02-27-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenmecar (Post 7321433)
Thats some fucking annoying music.

Guessing you've never been to Hafez teahouse :fullofwin:

BNR32_Coupe 02-27-2011 09:13 PM

GET THE FUCK OUT THE WAY, please! Our nation's great almighty heroic saviour father needs to get through!

Manic! 02-27-2011 09:23 PM

King Abdullah needs to be thrown out of power. With all that money he can't build one hospital in his own country that's good enough for him. So he fly's to America with 3 private planes. There was so much luggage the TSA had to higher a private company to screen it all. It took 20 vehicles to hove it all. He also rented am entire wing of a hospital making other patients move.

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/11/30/king/

Following the signing of the Health Care bill, Saudi King Abdullah reportedly called President Obama to congratulate him on the US taking a step toward embracing a superior universal health care system like the one that can be found in Saudi Arabia.

The health care in Saudia Arabia is so awesome that Abdullah came to the US last week to brag about it — and to have back surgery in New York.

nns 02-27-2011 09:25 PM

Guys who roll like that either know about security, or know who to hire for security. I wouldn't be surprised if they hired ex-Secret Service guys. Secret Service deploys counter-snipers and scouts to check out routes long before the actual date of travel.

LOL @ RS kids thinking they know more than billionaires.

BNR32_Coupe 02-27-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nns (Post 7322294)
Guys who roll like that either know about security, or know who to hire for security. I wouldn't be surprised if they hired ex-Secret Service guys. Secret Service deploys counter-snipers and scouts out routes long before the actual date of travel.

LOL @ RS kids thinking they know more than billionaires.

you obviously know how this stuff works so that puts you on billionaire level, you're just working on acquiring the funds first right?

nns 02-27-2011 09:33 PM

Yea. Aren't we all?

Hurricane 02-28-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 7322290)
King Abdullah needs to be thrown out of power. With all that money he can't build one hospital in his own country that's good enough for him. So he fly's to America with 3 private planes. There was so much luggage the TSA had to higher a private company to screen it all. It took 20 vehicles to hove it all. He also rented am entire wing of a hospital making other patients move.

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/11/30/king/

Following the signing of the Health Care bill, Saudi King Abdullah reportedly called President Obama to congratulate him on the US taking a step toward embracing a superior universal health care system like the one that can be found in Saudi Arabia.

The health care in Saudia Arabia is so awesome that Abdullah came to the US last week to brag about it — and to have back surgery in New York.

Thanks for your garbage post.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/a...-heart-surgery

I guess Canada doesn't have a single good hospital either.

Or maybe you can't just go out and buy commitment to highly specialized medical treatment research from a grassroots level, the inception of new medical specialties and cutting edge medical innovation, complex networks of educational institutions, primary research facilities, and the best doctors in the world.

Yeah if I was one of the wealthiest people in the world, I wouldn't want any of that.

Idiot.