REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:52 AM   #26
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
^ Really? I admit I haven't watched basketball in a long time, but isn't the tolerance for
body contact really limited or a foul is called?
Why are you commenting if you haven't watched? GTFO.

Shaq popularized more contact with his style of backing down defenders, so now it happens too often in the post. I play in a couple rec leagues and it is awful how much contact there is - then watch the better mens leagues in the city and notice how much cleaner the game is.
Advertisement
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #27
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
TBH, bball players need a lil toughening up, so just consider it a step in the right direction.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #28
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Are you allowed to run at people and take them down? No. So gtfo.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #29
My homepage has been set to RS

There's still too many calls on minor contact. Thanks to like Chris Bosh and other fake tough guys.
Posted via RS Mobile
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #30
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
LOL at Christine Brennan.
stupid female. WTF does she know about anything? Woman play way more dirty than man anyways?
I didn't watch the whole thing, but the reporter that interviews the coach is a douche too. The kick wasn't even anything.. This guy just looks like a bitch

This guy is a little bitch.
And why the hell would this guy go to the other practices if he was so emotionally or physically hurt?
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #31
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

what a fagg! he didnt even kick him
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:56 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,002 Times in 1,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Why are you commenting if you haven't watched? GTFO.

Shaq popularized more contact with his style of backing down defenders, so now it happens too often in the post. I play in a couple rec leagues and it is awful how much contact there is - then watch the better mens leagues in the city and notice how much cleaner the game is.
Why are you so butthurt from me asking a question?

Are you saying contact is more lenient now (refs allow it), or that people are just playing more dirty (and getting called for it)?
Two different things.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #33
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFresh604 View Post
Coach was wrong to push the player. But when you post up, you gotta be able to take contact. The player was a bitch, and took it way too far by filing a police report. If he can't take that, he needs to get his ass off the court.Not only that, he didn't try to fight for that ball like he should have. He fell almost as bad as soccer players who fake injuries.

this

2005 G35 Coupe - sold
kayceeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #34
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Wuss.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #35
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

probably the kid has lack of confidence and bad experiences with the school and team mates. Personally i dont think he's trying to make a personal attack at the coach, but mainly it is directed at the school.

I'll put it this way. I hate the school im in currently. The faculty is garbage and I feel a lack of support for the money I pay to get an education. I am not low on self-esteem but if any teacher/coach/etc tries to disrespect me and physically abuses me. You bet your ass i'm going to take them down for the principal of the matter.

I side with you guys, that the kid presents himself off as being a little bitch, but the coaches actions are wrong. Just plain wrong. If you're trying to toughen your players then as commented before, make them play until they puke. The coach has no reason to have a violent outburst on any student. What we dont know if this is intentional to this particular student? was this a bad coach/student relationship? Personally i think the coach is chode and wasn't answering questions properly. He's sorry, but he doesn't regret his actions. If any of this wasn't happening now. He might have been making more physical attacks.

Just my own honest opinion.

1995 BMW 530i
1990 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2002 Ford Explorer EB V8 4x4
2005 Acura RSX Type-S (SOLD)
1999 BMW 540i
skylinergtr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: