REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   James Bond Cross-Dresses (https://www.revscene.net/forums/639541-james-bond-cross-dresses.html)

Death2Theft 03-17-2011 04:59 PM

That is the original topic "women earning less than men"
These are all reasons why.
It's not how often I get laid that i'm worried about. It's the men working for me.
If your reading comprehension allows, please do give us reasons why a boss would want to have women over men in the workplace.

digitalgirl 03-17-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death2Theft (Post 7349369)
That is the original topic "women earning less than men"
These are all reasons why.
It's not how often I get laid that i'm worried about. It's the men working for me.
If your reading comprehension allows, please do give us reasons why a boss would want to have women over men in the workplace.

The original topic is "reasons why men should be hired instead of women". Both your first response to me and the question here address said topic...

You're worried? Hire better people and control your women.

To cut costs :troll:

I'm not taking that bait. My view has never been that I think women are better than men. My view is that discrimination is wrong. I'm not going to accept it as being alright just because it happens like you do regarding groping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDął (Post 7340095)
True equality is giving the job to the best suitable applicant regardless of sex or race.

Death2Theft 03-17-2011 06:25 PM

If you put yourself in the position to get groped dont expect to file a big lawsuit.
This is typical feminist only when it suits them attitude alot of girls have.
Chivalry for the most part is dead so you better learn to enjoy feminism.
Again I'm not worried because the simple solution is not to hire women unless they look like men.

digitalgirl 03-17-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death2Theft (Post 7349518)
If you put yourself in the position to get groped dont expect to file a big lawsuit.
This is typical feminist only when it suits them attitude alot of girls have.
Chivalry for the most part is dead so you better learn to enjoy feminism.
Again I'm not worried because the simple solution is not to hire women unless they look like men.

Look, I can see where you're coming from, but I still think that it's wrong to adopt that attitude. That's like saying I got mugged/raped/beat up while I was alone on my way home from work one night, but that's OK because I put myself in the position for it.

"This is typical feminist only when it suits them attitude alot of girls have."
^ Where have I spoken "only when it suits me". Have I ignored or dismissed any of your opinions without giving a reason?

"Chivalry for the most part is dead"
^ Your point?
Not to expect special treatment? I don't.

"you better learn to enjoy feminism."
^ Your point?
If you're saying I'm fighting for a lost cause? That doesn't change what I believe in.

What about my solution was not simple? Prevent women from dressing inappropriately by creating a policy. A woman with her head on straight isn't going to throw a fit if you explain why the policy exists. If you think that's too much work for you then go ahead with your method. I think it's a pretty small price to pay to have diversity at work.

New material please.

edit:
Also, seems like you just troll when it suits you. Just give it up.

BNR32_Coupe 03-17-2011 10:19 PM

death2theft has definitely got to be trolling. i like the way that user trolls though, it's very discrete. quite original.

i want to troll too

i think women should have more rights than men because for a long time, women had less rights. also, black people should enslave white people for a period of 500 years. this is FAIR

midnight_r 03-17-2011 10:55 PM

men never complain over shit.
i hate feminists

digitalgirl 03-18-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnight_r (Post 7350011)
men never complain over shit.
i hate feminists

Quit complaining.

Death2Theft 03-18-2011 03:58 PM

Who says I'm talking about you? I'm generalizing if you havn't figured it out.

Typically the biggest bra burning feminists duck and change thier views briefly when it comes time to pay the bill.

I've given enough new material, most of which you can't respond to. Guys feel free to chime in but when you argue with a chick and she knows she can't win... isn't the most common tactic to just change the topic? Or bitch about something else?
In this case "new material"

Men complain less (exception for gay men) than women they confront and deal with problems, unlike women that would rather talk about it over whatever ass fattening treat suits their fancy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalgirl (Post 7349595)
Look, I can see where you're coming from, but I still think that it's wrong to adopt that attitude. That's like saying I got mugged/raped/beat up while I was alone on my way home from work one night, but that's OK because I put myself in the position for it.

"This is typical feminist only when it suits them attitude alot of girls have."
^ Where have I spoken "only when it suits me". Have I ignored or dismissed any of your opinions without giving a reason?

"Chivalry for the most part is dead"
^ Your point?
Not to expect special treatment? I don't.

"you better learn to enjoy feminism."
^ Your point?
If you're saying I'm fighting for a lost cause? That doesn't change what I believe in.

What about my solution was not simple? Prevent women from dressing inappropriately by creating a policy. A woman with her head on straight isn't going to throw a fit if you explain why the policy exists. If you think that's too much work for you then go ahead with your method. I think it's a pretty small price to pay to have diversity at work.

New material please.

edit:
Also, seems like you just troll when it suits you. Just give it up.

digitalgirl 03-18-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death2Theft (Post 7350968)
Who says I'm talking about you? I'm generalizing if you havn't figured it out.

Typically the biggest bra burning feminists duck and change thier views briefly when it comes time to pay the bill.

I've given enough new material, most of which you can't respond to. Guys feel free to chime in but when you argue with a chick and she knows she can't win... isn't the most common tactic to just change the topic? Or bitch about something else?
In this case "new material"

Men complain less (exception for gay men) than women they confront and deal with problems, unlike women that would rather talk about it over whatever ass fattening treat suits their fancy.

You didn't exclude me from your statement either.

To be honest, I don't have friends who are crazy feminists or anything so I can't really say anything about that statement.

Can you be so kind as to point out what I have failed to respond to?

I find your arguments laughable.

Excuse me too if I'm going back on anything I've said here and feel free to point it out, but I find the term women's rights pretty ironic. Why single it out when the fact is everyone should be treated with respect regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation.

edit:
You do a hell of a lot of complaining yourself. Pretty sure I've complained of two things in this thread: lack of awareness surrounding sexual harassment and your ignorance.

Death2Theft 03-18-2011 07:08 PM

I never included you in the first place because i'm speaking from experience. I dont know why you think that I would have anything to say about you? Another case of world revolves around your vagina I suppose.

I've listed reasons in the past why hiring women is detrimental to your income, you claim hiring women to cut costs?
When less work is being done for less $/h there are no savings. If you were in the business of killing time and waiting to pop out kids ....I could see why that would be appealing. End result of not hiring women? Things get done faster.

Above is one of the statements, the rest I wont quote but roughly it was " i'm not responding to that" or "trolling" call it what you want but it's when you know i'm right.

Hey if your so worried about sexual harrasment go work only for women. Just dont count on getting on the fortune 500 anytime soon.

Actually you couldn't be more wrong, no one gets respect. Respect is earned.

Difference between me and the average vagina? I do something about it instead of complaining and crying woe is me.

digitalgirl 03-18-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death2Theft (Post 7351212)
I never included you in the first place because i'm speaking from experience. I dont know you why would I have anything to say about you? Another case of world revolves around your vagina I suppose.

No I wont quote but roughly it was " i'm not responding to that" or "trolling" call it what you want but it's when you know i'm right.

Actually you couldn't be more wrong, no one gets respect. Respect is earned.

Difference between me and the average vagina? I do something about it instead of complaining and crying woe is me.

Then I apologize for misinterpreting what you said. This is the only place where you've gotten me so far.

So you referred to one case, which your question to me was. "Tell me why someone would hire women over men." Hiring someone isn't gender based last time I checked, so to answer that question would be to say my belief is that women are better than men. And we're not, we're equals.

I think you misunderstood my point, which is there isn't a need to be advertently disrespectful towards someone.

I've put holes in all of the arguments you've made in this thread. Your previous arguments here also picked apart by others. Where are you going with this?

digitalgirl 03-18-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death2Theft (Post 7351212)
I've listed reasons in the past why hiring women is detrimental to your income, you claim hiring women to cut costs?
When less work is being done for less $/h there are no savings. If you were in the business of killing time and waiting to pop out kids ....I could see why that would be appealing. End result of not hiring women? Things get done faster.

Hey if your so worried about sexual harrasment go work only for women. Just dont count on getting on the fortune 500 anytime soon.

I'll humour you one more time, even though I've already addressed these points.
edit:
The hiring women thing was sarcastic if you didn't pick that one up.

According to you, hiring women is detrimental to your income because:
1.) There is a chance you could face a lawsuit if she's sexually harassed and in your mind, this is inevitable.

Why do you have this attitude that people you hire are going to sexually harass your female employees if you had them?

2.) They're less productive than men.

Statistics and studies please?

3.) They have a 15% chance to miss work for family matters, unlike men who only yield a 7% chance..

This is only an issue if they're not doing the work they are responsible for in the time you give them. If they're not missing anything and they're doing everything you tell them to do, what's the big deal.

4.) They're distracting to men in what they wear.

This is so trivial and easy to change.

5.) They may not be able to change a water cooler.

Sleep well at night knowing I'm totally stumped by this one.

darkfroggy 03-18-2011 08:05 PM

Talent aside, I would pick a man over a woman for the job.

A lot of sexual harassment charges are filed by women, many would rather not deal with this risk and hire a man.

No discrimination, just statistics and logic. No boss wants the stigma that his company *harassed* a female employee. Male-male incidents are just very rare.

BNR32_Coupe 03-18-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalgirl (Post 7351232)
edit:

1.) There is a chance you could face a lawsuit if she's sexually harassed and in your mind, this is inevitable.

Why do you have this attitude that people you hire are going to sexually harass your female employees if you had them?

3.) They have a 15% chance to miss work for family matters, unlike men who only yield a 7% chance..

This is only an issue if they're not doing the work they are responsible for in the time you give them. If they're not missing anything and they're doing everything you tell them to do, what's the big deal.

2) I don't have actual numbers from references for you but before you discredit my claim, note that im speaking on a basis of common sense and practical observations. ive noticed women tend to take more days off for personal reasons (eg, sick, tending to children, leaving early due to not feeling well, etc). therefore, since women work less than men in a general sense, it can be said that they're less productive. we can get technical and say that perhaps women work 1.02x harder on the days they do show up for work, so if you measured productivity at the end of the year, it would be equal.. but then we'd be counting beans and those numbers are impossible to bring up

4) this is not easy to change. even for a manager with excellent interpersonal skills, its difficult to suggest one change their attire to something less flashy. at the end of the day, the person may get offended, and conclude their manager is accusing them of being slutty. its just an unnecessary headache for HR and managers alike

goo3 03-19-2011 03:05 AM

That's what a dress code is for. If it's a headache for your HR, maybe you should fire them!

"We can only recruit from half the population because they make it too hard to do my job" LOL.

Death2Theft 03-19-2011 07:34 AM

1. Why would I even bother attempting to filter guys who may or may not sexually harrass some chick? Eliminating the root of the problem results in much less time wasted.
I've seen cases of 300lb walrus looking ladies attempting to claim sexual harrasment on some guy that didnt' agree with her on wanting longer breaks. Union job go figure.

2. I've listed countless examples of WHY there is a chance women are less productive than men. Feel free to ignore them all, I think it's time you came up with some new material.
Simply put there are things men just dont have to deal with, while other time wasting attributes are clearly dominated by females. Here you are again wasting my time but look heres another problem 176 million men dont suffer from.
http://www.news-medical.net/news/201...metriosis.aspx
Time and again I have said you are paid exactly what your worth. Here is yet another example, although I find the last part about "women taught to be cooperative instead of competitive" hilarous. Women love to gossip and stab each other in the back. Men are much more likely to put aside differences to get the job done.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/213768.php

3. Well in that case maybe no one should show up for work then, everyone should just work at home! I mean hell if you do the same amount of work in the same given time why bother showing up?
I have said time and again it's not how much harder you work it's the amount of time put into the career. As a boss who are you going to promote some chick that worked maybe 10%-20% harder than the next candidate who is a man? Yet the chick will have a 20 year job life span, where the guy will have 40. Sure she might work after she has kids but what are the chances of her being at the same productivity level as before? Not well and we both know that.
What if she tells you she doesn't plan on having kids so she can work just as long? What are you going to do get her to sign a contract that states this?
We both know women are more likely to change their minds. Enjoy the law suit.
Men on the other hand are expected to work till retirement age or the day they die.

4. Again a touchy subject, you telling them what to wear could result in a lawsuit or even an attempted lawsuit which costs the company money and time, vs not hiring you in the first place.

5. Well who do you think is more likely to change a burnt out light bulb at work then?
Why do I have to keep bringing up the same points? Watch your going to ask for new material now because again you can't dispute my original points.
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalgirl (Post 7351232)
edit:

Death2Theft 03-29-2011 04:57 PM

I wonder what job females can excel in aside from receptionist and daycare workers, we certainly know it can't be as a serious chef.
http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2011/03/29/...-female-chefs/