REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

James Bond Cross-Dresses

Quote:
Daniel Craig, an English actor famous for his role as James Bond has decided to support equality by cross dressing in a video made by We Are Equals. The video sees Craig in a dramatic makeover as he puts himself in a woman’s shoes. The Englishman known for his subtle and suave personality in 007, looks ostensibly tame. He does not speak in the video as his boss, M (voiced by Dame Judi Dench), provides statistics about women in the workforce and their efforts to achieve true equality with men.
So do you guys believe that equality exists between men and women?

more info
http://bit.ly/h9XnAT

and

http://www.theprovince.com/entertain...991/story.html
Advertisement

Last edited by pure.life; 03-08-2011 at 02:32 PM.
pure.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

Bitches aint shit if they aint in the kitchen cookin'
choda is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I've looked at the #s and while in some countries men and women are closer to equal in not a single one are they when you look at all the factors - pay, crime, education, government participation, women in management and property ownership.

In fact it was kind of interesting an interview was talking about how the rates of women in influential positions is the same across the board. Rates of women in high level government positions in the US - 10%, women movie directors, also 10%.

In Canada, of the 308 members of the house of commons we have only 67 female members. Further more out of 82 Federal Judges, only 22 are women. And though there's actually MORE women then men in university, men still make up the bulk of the population in sciences, math and business and when you look at graduate degrees, more go to men then women.

While the Canadian government touts it's great strides in our country having more women in managerial positions than most this is still only 35% and even in industries (retail, fashion, childcare, education) where women greatly outnumber men, men consistently outnumber women in managerial/leadership roles.

Roughly half of Canadian women (51%) will experience some form of physical or sexual abuse AFTER 16 (so this does not include child abuse rates, if you factor them in the number increases substancially) and as you read this one or two Canadian women are being murdered by either a father, brother, spouse, partner or ex boyfriend.

As far as income, Canada was ranked 12th out of 17 peer countries for gender descrepencies (just below the US, up two spots from the UK).

These numbers are consistent amongst all demographics.

Are we equal? Yes. Are we treated as equal? No.

Last edited by TheNewGirl; 03-08-2011 at 02:58 PM.
TheNewGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

Cry more
Old 03-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #5
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGirl View Post
Roughly half of Canadian women (51%) will experience some form of physical or sexual abuse AFTER 16 (so this does not include child abuse rates, if you factor them in the number increases substancially) and as you read this one or two Canadian women are being murdered by either a father, brother, spouse, partner or ex boyfriend.
I highly doubt this is true, you don't see every other girl in highschool cry rape.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #6
Banned By Establishment

no we're not equals, men shell out trillions of dollars annually to designing their lives to impress women. there's billions of decent, lonely men because women are still bound by their primitive instincts of going for the flamboyant alpha males.

women know they can get cock easily by spreading their legs at a bar or club but men have to either be blessed naturally, or bust their nuts off trying to get to a higher level.

theres just two social norms here, women are dominant in the social life and men are dominant at work. that sounds damn equal to me

PS, thanks for ruining daniel craig for me. the guy's literally a tool for a dumb cause
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #7
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
I've looked at the #s and while in some countries men and women are closer to equal in not a single one are they when you look at all the factors - pay, crime, education, government participation, women in management and property ownership.

In fact it was kind of interesting an interview was talking about how the rates of women in influential positions is the same across the board. Rates of women in high level government positions in the US - 10%, women movie directors, also 10%.

In Canada, of the 308 members of the house of commons we have only 67 female members. Further more out of 82 Federal Judges, only 22 are women. And though there's actually MORE women then men in university, men still make up the bulk of the population in sciences, math and business and when you look at graduate degrees, more go to men then women.

While the Canadian government touts it's great strides in our country having more women in managerial positions than most this is still only 35% and even in industries (retail, fashion, childcare, education) where women greatly outnumber men, men consistently outnumber women in managerial/leadership roles.

As far as income, Canada was ranked 12th out of 17 peer countries for gender descrepencies (just below the US, up two spots from the UK).

51% are suffer abuse? Haha WTF?

Here are some facts.

Women and men are:
Physiologically different
Psychologically different
Physically different.

Hence they are going to fit different niches in society. Women and men are different, and every time the world 'equal' is used, I cringe.

Yes women and men both deserving of all the basic needs of life, yes I agree. WOMEN HAVE ALL OF THAT ALREADY. However, but they are going to fulfill different niches in life.

You want to complain about women in the House of Commons? Who cares? Are you saying that we should have 50/50 women in the house of commons? Why not also whine about how in nursing there is only 4.5% men?

Quote:
And though there's actually MORE women then men in university, men still make up the bulk of the population in sciences, math and business and when you look at graduate degrees, more go to men then women.
And who's fault is that exactly? I didn't know that markers of exam papers looked at the sex of the student and then disproportionately grade it. Bottom line is, man or woman, if you have the grades... you can do anything in university.

Gender equality isn't even an issue in today's modern society IMO. I still stand by the fact that if you're a hardworking, smart, educated woman, you can do anything. Please give me some evidence otherwise.

Last edited by LiquidTurbo; 03-08-2011 at 05:15 PM.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #8
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
51% are suffer abuse? Haha WTF?

Here are some facts.
Men and Men are:
Physiologically different
Psychologically different
Physically different.
That's also true.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #9
resident Oil Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
That's also true.

Yes, that's why we have different men doing different things.

You don't see a 5' tall 110lb male in the NBA for example.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #10
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I so can't wait till all of you have daughters.

Yes we should have black people in the house of commons. And hispanic people. And more indian people and asian people too. I'm pro equality all over the place.

As for who's fault it is that there's more men going further in education... it's our parent's fault. They're more likely to suport their sons through post secondary but worse, they taught their sons they could be doctors. And indoctrinated their daughters with pretty princess bull shit that taught them to be spoiled little dolls.

And yes. 51%. So if you have female friends... you know the way some of you talk I'm not sure you even know what a female is but if you do have female friends and family members take a look around.

Half of them have been or will be raped, molested, seriously sexually harassed, beaten or abused in some way. Half of them. Go take a look at them. Your sister, your mother, your girl friend, your daughter. Half of them.

You know. I could live with making 90 cents on the dollar if half the women in my life hadn't had to put up with that shit.

BRN32 > you have just demonstrated the exact bull shit justification used to continue to propagate the the above mentioned shit. Congradulations. You're part of the problem. You deserve to have your bank account raped by what ever gold digging bitches can get there and to never ever get laid while they're at if if that's your outlook on the other gender.

Last edited by TheNewGirl; 03-08-2011 at 05:31 PM.
TheNewGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #11
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
You deserve to have your bank account raped by what ever gold digging bitches can get there and to never ever get laid while they're at if if that's your outlook on the other gender.
um.. care to explain in more detail other than i've been propagating the the exact bullshit which warrants a misspelled 'congratulations'? if you elaborated a bit more on why you disagree with my opinion (which is more like an observation) then maybe we can discuss this in equal terms.
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:30 PM   #12
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Half of them have been raped, molested, seriously sexually harassed, beaten or abused in some way. Half of them. Go take a look at them. Your sister, your mother, your girl friend, your daughter. Half of them.
Fuck off with this bullshit you twat.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #13
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

Yes we should have black people in the house of commons. And hispanic people. And more indian people and asian people too. I'm pro equality all over the place.

As for who's fault it is that there's more men going further in education... it's our parent's fault. They're more likely to suport their sons through post secondary but worse, they taught their sons they could be doctors. And indoctrinated their daughters with pretty princess bull shit that taught them to be spoiled little dolls.

And yes. 51%. So if you have female friends... you know the way some of you talk I'm not sure you even know what a female is but if you do have female friends and family members take a look around.

Half of them have been or will be raped, molested, seriously sexually harassed, beaten or abused in some way. Half of them. Go take a look at them. Your sister, your mother, your girl friend, your daughter. Half of them.

You know. I could live with making 90 cents on the dollar if half the women in my life hadn't had to put up with that shit.

BRN32 > you have just demonstrated the exact bull shit justification used to continue to propagate the the above mentioned shit. Congradulations. You're part of the problem. You deserve to have your bank account raped by what ever gold digging bitches can get there and to never ever get laid while they're at if if that's your outlook on the other gender.
who's this sourpuss?
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #14
I STILL don't get it

Quote:

Jesus all the crazy girls come out on International Women Day. I spill my coffee all over keyboard reading that quote.
Jacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #15
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
This is the part that I actually agree with you on and think is totally fucked. I can't seem to throw a stone without hitting someone who'd been raped.

I don't agree with anything else you posted, but I think most guys would be surprised. It's disgusting.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #16
I don't get it

Quote:

You'll have to back that 51% figure up.

A random survey in Alcoholics Anonymous doesn't exactly count as painting an accurate picture.

Plus, sexual harassment is such a broad category. If I looked at you in a "pervy" way, that could be deemed sexual harassment. Saying "dat ass" to a girl could also constitute sexual harassment. Casually putting my arm on a girl could constitute sexual harassment.

Also, are you suggesting that there should be a 50-50 men to women ratio everywhere? Does that mean the fire department should consist of 50% females, and that nail manicuring salons should consist of 50% males?

Different jobs calls for different people.

And parents not letting their daughters go to post-secondary? WTF? This isn't 1940 anymore...
darkfroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #17
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
pierce brosnan>daniel craig
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #18
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I gatta agree with liquid turbo, in terms of social equality, men and women are equal in a sense of education, voting, laws and even freedom of speech. The only problem I might see is pay, but then again with today’s society even a woman can become rich (just marry a rich guy divorce that shit and take half haha)
@TheNewGirl, Please don’t be bias because you are a girl, look at all views in this situation. I may be wrong but from reading your post I get the impression that you think that 51% of all incidents were from men. But what if they were from women? In addition with facts like these please post sources. From what I have quickly googled “Canada stats women abuse” I got this site
http://www.cdnwomen.org/EN/section05...nce_facts.html
Quite frankly, unless proven otherwise, I would speculate you got your information from this site, so yes people she is right. If you look at stats of women and men who have REPORTED being abused sexually, you can see women are by far in higher numbers.
Also note these sources:
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-224-...000000-eng.pdf
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85f0033...008019-eng.pdf

I’m not trying to start anything, but if you had just posted sources, people wouldn’t rage on you due to your credibility. In addition, please don’t say shit like this “Half of them have been or will be raped, molested, seriously sexually harassed, beaten or abused in some way. Half of them. Go take a look at them. Your sister, your mother, your girl friend, your daughter. Half of them.
You know. I could live with making 90 cents on the dollar if half the women in my life hadn't had to put up with that shit.”
You may know people and i’m sorry for the things that had happened, but to fucking say shit like this is disrespectful, I might not know any better because I am of a very young age, but I could also say “You know. I could live with making 90 cents on the dollar if half the men and women in my life hadn’t have to put up with the shit which included being beaten, physically and emotionally abused, (can’t say sexually abused because they have never had such an incident happen, Thankfully.)” My point, don’t say this kind of shit just to prove a point. If you wanted to prove a point, do it with facts, because in this type of world (the world of the internet) you barely know these people and the only thing they will believe are sources.

Also for the males: hahaha
http://www.canlaw.com/rights/whokills.htm
xyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #19
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post

Yes, that's why we have different men doing different things.

You don't see a 5' tall 110lb male in the NBA for example.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #20
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
I guess at the end of the day if you look at stats then yeah, woman and men do not seem equal.
But, like a lot of things in life, it's not what you know, it's who you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
pierce brosnan>daniel craig
This is tough, because they're two different styles of bond.
I wouldn't necessarily say Pierce is better than Craig.

Craig just brings a new dynamic to the bond we knew.
I like them both.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #21
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
I guess at the end of the day if you look at stats then yeah, woman and men do not seem equal.
But, like a lot of things in life, it's not what you know, it's who you know.

This is tough, because they're two different styles of bond.
I wouldn't necessarily say Pierce is better than Craig.

Craig just brings a new dynamic to the bond we knew.
I like them both.
Not a new dynamic, more like going back to the roots a la Sean Connery.

The metrosexual bond started with Roger Moore IMO and grew in each successor from Dalton to Brosnan.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #22
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pure.life View Post

So do you guys believe that equality exists between men and women?
Nope.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #23
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
As much as people want it, equality will never exist.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #24
resident Oil Guru

You can't have "equality" between apples and oranges.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #25
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:

That is such a load, I don't even know where to start. How about we have the people who are best suited for the job to do the job? There's no reason to say there MUST be this minority in this position. How about true equality, no one gets special treatment.

And as for our parent's fault? Perhaps, but how about the fact that an adult can make up their own mind as to what they want to do with their life? I'm glad that you are able to generalize so well and not see past statistics. You want things to change, good for you. Go ahead and drive change. Don't preach on an internet forum hoping for the best.

Lastly, complete bullshit that equality exists the way it does now. Equal rights for all, but some more equal than others. The number of women who I have met, deem themselves entitled to equality, yet demand to be treated like a princess? No, it doesn't work that way. You don't get it both ways. You get treated like everyone else if you want to be like everyone else. If you want to be treated all special like, expect some things to be different.

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: