REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #26
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
i dont like those HUGE bumpers that look like chairs that you can sit on...
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2011, 12:18 AM   #27
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
dont think that will happen, since your gen coupe will be $5k by than
and your KDM worth 500$
baggdis300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #28
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
=Nlkko;733592The Boss 302 weight less, have more hp, more torque than an M3. Can't commend on the handling but Mustang's handling has been vastly improved compare to the previous gen to the point that it's a completely different car now.
Guess you missed the Motor Trend track test where a Mustang GT beat an M3 around the track. Sure it was only 1/10th of a second, but it still went faster. And the M3 was equipped with the Competition Package.

I'm quite sure the Boss 302 will be significantly faster on the track than a GT, which also means it'll be quicker than an M3.
Posted via RS Mobile
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #29
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,803 Times in 1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep87 View Post
wonder if it will sell above msrp
They should really update the rear suspension, thinking its about time
The did try IRS systems in Cobras from 99-04, but they weren't great and they found that most owners were ripping them out to put in Live Axles for drag racing anyways.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #30
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
I find it funny when fan boys say "I'd rather have" cause they just state that they don't have either

Mustangs are one of those cars that I have a love hate thing with :P
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #31
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggdis300 View Post
and your KDM worth 500$
and you have air bags on a is300...
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

and those will be worth more than you car in 4 years :P
baggdis300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #33
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggdis300 View Post
and those will be worth more than you car in 4 years :P
umad?
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #34
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I don't like how it's so manly looking. For that reason I'd probably never own one lol.
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #35
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowda9 View Post
I don't like how it's so manly looking. For that reason I'd probably never own one lol.
Im sure there is a VW salesperson ready to sell you a Bettle with a daisy in the dashboard for you.
Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:56 PM   #36
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo-brickster View Post
Im sure there is a VW salesperson ready to sell you a Bettle with a daisy in the dashboard for you.

lol that's just the other end of the spectrum. One end is this mustang and the other is the vw beetle.
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #37
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Handles better than a cayman, and the test isn't based purely on numbers, but rather on feel. Damn someone just tied a boulder sized rock in marco911's panties.
48k hurting on the m3. Ford has really stepped it up again.

Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca: 2011 Best Driver's Car Contender - Motor Trend

Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca: 2011 Best Driver's Car Contender

[video=youtube;rCMxgoWaq9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCMxgoWaq9Q[/video]

Just a few parts shy of a full-blown race car, the Mustang Boss 302 is a street-legal, high-performance Mustang variant designed for road racing. The Laguna Seca edition is the top-tier model, built to lap Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca faster than a BMW M3, and in our testing, it does. The Laguna Seca edition features a race-derived suspension, race-compound tires, no rear seats, race-derived aerodynamic modifications, and a special key that changes the engine computer programming from street-legal to full race spec.

RANDY POBST'S IMPRESSIONS

On handling... "The way it comes off the second-gear hairpin, I cannot believe the way it hooks up. They musta had, like, John Force doing the drag racing setup, because I virtually couldn't knock it loose. I couldn't...I mean, I was...the first time I was real careful. I'm like "Yeah, I know what this thing's gonna do..." I get on the power, and it just drives off. I'm...wow. So the second time around...more. The third time around...more. And it just digs outta there. I'd love to know how they got it to hook up like that. It puts power down so well. Extremely well-balanced car. A joy to drive. Didn't even feel very crude, tell you the truth. Felt pretty well-balanced. A little bit of body roll, but stick. Lord have mercy, it's better than the Shelby GT500 we tested a while back. Handled better than a Porsche Cayman."

On the transmission... "I did get a crunch on the 3-4 shift once, which was a little bit of a surprise."

On the brakes... "The brakes had had enough by the end of the second lap. They were hot and starting to fade for sure. But the braking was excellent. I didn't feel the kind of brake dive that we've complained about in Mustangs before."

On the aerodynamics... "Hard to say if that front splitter is doing anything. It looks like it would do something. But it isn't very close to the ground, being a street car. And I would think that without a real wing, if that was really working, the car would be very pointy and very ass-y, and it's not. So my first guess would be to say no, it's not doing very much. But it sure looks like a real live race car splitter."

On the engine... "That's a great-running engine. Big, fat power curve from the engine. It's making the same power from 5000 rpm to 7500 rpm, it feels like to me."

Overall... "Clearly better than any other Mustang I've driven. Great soundtrack, too. Just makes me want to put a couple of American flags on the hood like the old presidential limousines. They'd look just right on a Mustang. I'm just so impressed."

TURN NOTES

Turn 1: "Turn 1 is a corner -- got a scary wiggle when I was not perfectly smooth, the only sign of past Mustangs. Terrific at all other times. Race tires are a big help -- great stick!"

Turn 2: "Less dive than past Mustangs, great grip. Super control, some roll feel at turn-in. Well-balanced, surprising (at late entry). Amazing traction on power. This engine has a torque curve as wide as the Great Plains. Bravo, Ford!"

Turn 3: "So usable, consistent, driver-friendly. Hook-up on power is worthy of major awards."

ABOUT BEST DRIVER'S CAR

What makes a great driver's car? Is it brute performance? Or gut-wrenching grip? What about balance and finesse, and the quality of the interaction between man and machine? We argue that a great driver's car has the chassis and powertrain and brakes and steering that enable the enthusiast driver to confidently explore the limits of its performance envelope, as well as his own. On top of all that, the best one also contains an X factor, a little something extra that elevates the breed.

Best Driver's Car is not a race. Numbers aren't everything. To get the fullest picture possible for each competing vehicle, we perform our normal battery of performance testing and real-world driving, and racetrack performance. Yet, while on-track performance is just one piece of a larger puzzle, it's without question the most fun. Join us each day as we introduce the contenders, with track results and impressions by master driver Randy Pobst, all leading up to the crowning of the 2011 Motor Trend Best Driver's Car.

Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:13 PM   #38
Need my Daily Fix of RS

....2 keys, one for normal driving, other one turns it into the boss 302R!
Old 08-30-2011, 07:49 AM   #39

The two keys thing is the ultimate gimmick for people that dont really work on their own cars.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #40
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,188 Times in 2,411 Posts
I love the idea of removable restrictor plates.

Ford: Problem, EPA?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #41
racing & tech mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
The two keys thing is the ultimate gimmick for people that dont really work on their own cars.
I work on my own race car and I don't see it as a gimmick. If you have a street legal car and drive it around on a regular basis, but you want to take it to the track on occasion, it's way easier to swap keys than to fuck around manually with an engine management system.
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:37 AM   #42
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
[QUOTE=Rich Sandor;7562305]I work on my own race car and I don't see it as a gimmick. If you have a street legal car and drive it around on a regular basis, but you want to take it to the track on occasion, it's way easier to swap keys than to fuck around manually with an engine management system.[/QUOTE

+1

I have a diablo sport and needing a pc in addition to the tuner can be bothersome at times when switching tunes etc
Posted via RS Mobile
Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:34 PM   #43

I'm thinking more for the forced induction guys. My tune is for high boost but I just run around town with boost controller off unless I want to break the law.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #44
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
ok. how is the 2 keys a gimmick for this vehicle then?
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #45
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,803 Times in 1,765 Posts
The track key would be my regular key.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #46
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Amazing, just can't stand the wheels.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #47

In that there is no real true need for it, you could just have a button do the same thing. But ooooh great marketing ploy to the ricers who will view that as the sacred key of indiana jones or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asahai69 View Post
ok. how is the 2 keys a gimmick for this vehicle then?
Old 08-30-2011, 07:49 PM   #48
racing & tech mod.

Does your boost controller control your AFR too? Probably not. If you tune for safe fuel at redline at 16psi, and then turn down your boost to 10psi, you will be running rich. If you tune for safe redline at 10psi and then crank to 16psi you will be running danergously lean. My stock EMS box has an FQS switch but it's a pain in the ass to adjust. I'd rather tune for full race mode and then just drive it as little as possible in the city. The only time I turn down the boost is if it's raining hard.

That said my understanding is the B302 is still driveable in the city with the Track Key, it's just that everything is more aggressive, from the intake noise, to the exhaust noise, to the throttle response, and even the vacuum assist for the brakes.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:49 PM   #49
racing & tech mod.

But yes, a "button" for it would be just as effective, although maybe not QUITE as cool.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:51 PM   #50

I meant boost solenoid. Full standalone controls everything from whats displayed on my dash to my AFR.

Personally I want as much seattime in my "track car" as possible so having different feeling throttle response to intake/exhaust noise and brakes totally defeats the purpose of that IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Sandor View Post
Does your boost controller control your AFR too? Probably not. If you tune for safe fuel at redline at 16psi, and then turn down your boost to 10psi, you will be running rich. If you tune for safe redline at 10psi and then crank to 16psi you will be running danergously lean. My stock EMS box has an FQS switch but it's a pain in the ass to adjust. I'd rather tune for full race mode and then just drive it as little as possible in the city. The only time I turn down the boost is if it's raining hard.

That said my understanding is the B302 is still driveable in the city with the Track Key, it's just that everything is more aggressive, from the intake noise, to the exhaust noise, to the throttle response, and even the vacuum assist for the brakes.

Last edited by Death2Theft; 08-30-2011 at 07:58 PM.