REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Fat Loss Plan Tips Please (https://www.revscene.net/forums/639692-fat-loss-plan-tips-please.html)

geeknerd 03-10-2011 07:49 AM

Fat Loss Plan Tips Please

So recently i started working out, trying to cut fat.
Currently 75kg and most of it is not muscle lol.

Anyway my diet is
8AM Biggest meal of the day.
usually includes meat,rice,soup, typical korean 'dinner'. i just eat whatever i can till i get really full. + a cup of tropicana juice or milk.

10-11Amish, Workout. I do an hour on treadmill (first 30min i do incline, then interval running). I do a little bit of weights, just dumbells for the arms, crunches, pushups. im only on it for like 20min.

12PM Lunch.
Ill have a subway, i try to eat healthy but i dont mind eating some 'guilty' food at lunch either. but relatively small portion.

3pm eat a snack. usually a banana + boiled egg.

6pm. chicken breast with veggies.

Somewhere between 6pm and Midnight, ill have another fruit snack.

Also i plan to add an hour of jumping ropes between 6pm and midnight; sometime in the near future :)

Recommendations? My main priority is to cut fat/weight to achieve a slimmer body figure.

Should i be eating less? I have done one meal a day before ( it was more of a lazyness thing rather than trying to lose wieght this way) and it has worked great in losing weight(without workingout) and i didnt yoyo it back on but i didnt like how my metalbolism was dying= digestion problems....

I workout minimum 4 times a week.

Goal is to be toned figure at 70Kg in 3month. (is this realistic?)

any tips/suggestions would be great.

thanks.

DaFonz 03-10-2011 08:03 AM

Stop drinking calories - that means no juice.

Stop eating refined carbs - that means no subway.

Lift heavy weights and for fucks sake, stop doing curls. Look up starting strength or stronglifts. Do those.

Meal frequency has absolutely no effect on your metabolism. If you can get all your calories in one meal, then that's fine.

TheNewGirl 03-10-2011 08:22 AM

^ +10

Drinking your carbs is one of the worst things you can do. Also you need to cut SUGAR not FAT from your diet if you want to slim down.

Your evening snacks too are fast burning sugars right before bed. Try cheese and/or nuts instead.

Eatting less often will put your body into storing mode and you will actually put on more fat (even if you lose weight). Meal frequency DOES have an effect on your metabolism as your blood sugar gets totally wonky if you only eat once a day. This can impact how your body treats both the fat and sugar you intake.

You seem to have very little fiber in your diet too. You need veggies (crunchy, low sugar veggies with skin on), nuts and if you're going to have grains (like rice) they need to be whole grains not white.

Check out this thread where there are two good docs about the weird misconceptions we all have about fat and sugar.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/bad-s...ht=Bad+Science

geeknerd 03-10-2011 08:39 AM

is it still a bad lunch eventhough i only get the 9wheat sweet onion chicken teriyaki? no sauce??

so cut the juice, do stronglifts, eat nuts and cheese before bed.

TheNewGirl 03-10-2011 08:42 AM

That's a horrid lunch. It's still all bread (so all carbs) and your meat is full of sugar and salt and the veggies are really not good for you veggies - iceburg lettuce? You might as well have a glass of water with some grit in it. The pickles and peppers and olives are soaked in salt and sugar.

You've be better off with a small, real salad made with romaine, green leaf or red leaf, and a bunch of fresh veggies, maybe some nuts and cheese. And an oil and vineger salad dressing and some meat either on the side or in the salad and some meat with it.

gdoh 03-10-2011 08:43 AM

stop eating refined sugar
eat whole grains instead of white flowers
dont drink beer
lean meet (no pork)

read the labels of foods your eating you will be suprised

think of animals grazing they eat small meals all through out the day

geeknerd 03-10-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNewGirl (Post 7336650)
That's a horrid lunch. It's still all bread (so all carbs) and your meat is full of sugar and salt and the veggies are really not good for you veggies - iceburg lettuce? You might as well have a glass of water with some grit in it. The pickles and peppers and olives are soaked in salt and sugar.

You've be better off with a small, real salad made with romaine, green leaf or red leaf, and a bunch of fresh veggies, maybe some nuts and cheese. And an oil and vineger salad dressing and some meat either on the side or in the salad and some meat with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdoh (Post 7336651)
stop eating refined sugar
eat whole grains instead of white flowers
dont drink beer
lean meet (no pork)

read the labels of foods your eating you will be suprised

then how does steak with salad for lunch and chicken breast with salad for dinner sound? what kind of steak is best for this diet plan?

and what kind and portion of cheese should i be eating?

and do u know any 'fast' healthy eats in coquitlam?

gdoh 03-10-2011 09:09 AM

cottage cheese is good with almonds for a snack =]

why the fuck you only eating salads lol

the thing with meats like steak is its harder to break down

fast healthy eats are best if you make them yourself because you know for the most part whats in it. try making your meals before

TheNewGirl 03-10-2011 09:15 AM

gdoh, I'm curious, why no pork? Just because of fat content or some other reason?

Geeknerd> Make your own lunch, or go to the grocery store instead of fast food, you'll always do better. For me if I have to do fast food or I want to treat myself usually it's Sushi, which is still white rice but personally I think is healthier than the other fast food alternatives. Also watch your eatting out, if you're buying healthy food but washing it down with a soda... well that's a trap a lot of people fall into.

I'm curious why you eat the same thing every day though? That would drive me crazy.

gdoh 03-10-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeknerd (Post 7336601)
So recently i started working out, trying to cut fat.
Currently 75kg and most of it is not muscle lol.

Anyway my diet is
8AM Biggest meal of the day.
usually includes meat,rice(brown),soup, typical korean 'dinner'. i just eat whatever i can till i get really full(never do this always leave the table liek you can eat more). + a cup of tropicana juice(water instead) or milk.

10-11Amish, Workout. I do an hour on treadmill (first 30min i do incline, then interval running). I do a little bit of weights, just dumbells for the arms, crunches, pushups. im only on it for like 20min.

12PM Lunch.
Ill have a subway, i try to eat healthy but i dont mind eating some 'guilty' food at lunch either. but relatively small portion.make your own healthy lunch its cheaper and better

3pm eat a snack. usually a banana + boiled egg.

6pm. chicken breast with veggies.

Somewhere between 6pm and Midnight, ill have another fruit snack. i think fruit late at night is bad because of the sugars. maybe a little good carbs and protein

Also i plan to add an hour of jumping ropes between 6pm and midnight; sometime in the near future :) (you can also run late at night)

Recommendations? My main priority is to cut fat/weight to achieve a slimmer body figure.

Should i be eating less? I have done one meal a day before ( it was more of a lazyness thing rather than trying to lose wieght this way) and it has worked great in losing weight(without workingout) and i didnt yoyo it back on but i didnt like how my metalbolism was dying= digestion problems.... (eat like the weight you want to be at)

I workout minimum 4 times a week.

Goal is to be toned figure at 70Kg in 3month. (is this realistic?)

any tips/suggestions would be great.

thanks.

i hope this helps

Quote:

gdoh, I'm curious, why no pork? Just because of fat content or some other reason?
the person that helps me with my dieting doesnt like pork, sorry but i dont remmeber the reason lol

geeknerd 03-10-2011 09:26 AM

juice was my alternative to pop lol i drank pop everyday, working at a fastfood restaurant doesnt help with it either lol, now i just cut pop all together even diet :( i guess its only milk and water now..

i dont mind eating the same food and im lazy. different menu = more time consuming,

geeknerd 03-10-2011 09:28 AM

gdoh, fruit snack is no good?

gdoh 03-10-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeknerd (Post 7336702)
gdoh, fruit snack is no good?

do you mean like those fruit snacks like fruit to go lol i wouldnt eat those

fruits are good but late at night i wouldnt eat it because its still sugars

personally late at night i usually have protein like chicken or fish or even a shake but not a lot and not to close to bed

TheNewGirl 03-10-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeknerd (Post 7336701)
juice was my alternative to pop lol i drank pop everyday, working at a fastfood restaurant doesnt help with it either lol, now i just cut pop all together even diet :( i guess its only milk and water now..

i dont mind eating the same food and im lazy. different menu = more time consuming,

Unsweetened Tea, Water, Water with a bit of lemon or lime in it if you need flavor... all better for you.

As for diversity, it's really not hard to have a few different meals to choose from. You can start with a rotation, 5 or 6 dinners you cycle through. But having a variety of foods in your diet is important to meeting ALL of your nutritional needs and if you eat the exact same thing every day it's very easy to become deficient in one or more vitamins or over do it on something else.

RacePace 03-10-2011 10:13 AM

I personally think your diet is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's just your workout sounds pussy as fuck, get a real workout program, do it for a few months, then come back to us

gdoh 03-10-2011 10:46 AM

one more thing....chew your food

still_fly 03-10-2011 11:42 AM

brown rice, water, fruits , spend more time lifting heavy wights than cardio or full body work is awesome!

geeknerd 03-10-2011 12:50 PM

well i was reluctant to do alot of weights since i do not want to get bigger but looks like everyone is saying do more so i will.

DaFonz 03-10-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNewGirl (Post 7336635)

Eatting less often will put your body into storing mode and you will actually put on more fat (even if you lose weight). Meal frequency DOES have an effect on your metabolism as your blood sugar gets totally wonky if you only eat once a day. This can impact how your body treats both the fat and sugar you intake.

Bzzt. Wrong on so many levels.

http://journals.cambridge.org/action...ine&aid=879792

Quote:

A detailed review of the possible mechanistic explanations for a metabolic advantage of nibbling meal patterns failed to reveal significant benefits in respect of energy expenditure. Although some short-term studies suggest that the thermic effect of feeding is higher when an isoenergetic test load is divided into multiple small meals, other studies refute this, and most are neutral. More importantly, studies using whole-body calorimetry and doubly-labelled water to assess total 24h energy expenditure find no difference between nibbling and gorging. Finally, with the exception of a single study, there is no evidence that weight loss on hypoenergetic regimens is altered by meal frequency. We conclude that any effects of meal pattern on the regulation of body weight are likely to be mediated through effects on the food intake side of the energy balance equation.
Your blood sugar does not get "wonky" from fasting or eating one meal a day - it's very good at maintaining a constant blood sugar level (unless you're diabetic or hyperglycemic) so all those people complaining about low blood sugar from not eating all day.. honestly need to learn to harden the fuck up.

DaFonz 03-10-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdoh (Post 7336651)

Cows, goats and sheep graze all day.

Lions and tigers go out and hunt the biggest motherfucking animal they can and they eat until they're stuffed.

Lions > Cows.

DaFonz 03-10-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeknerd (Post 7336913)
well i was reluctant to do alot of weights since i do not want to get bigger but looks like everyone is saying do more so i will.

For fucks sake, you're not going to magically wake up one day and be jacked. Do you know how frigging hard it is to actually put on muscle?

DaFonz 03-10-2011 02:37 PM

I don't know why you people are recommending nuts to the OP. They're some of the most calorically dense foods around and really just don't have that great a nutritional profile with their high omega 6 fats and low amounts of protein relative to calories.

Sure they're fine if you eat say.. 20 almonds, but the OP has demonstrated he's not that bright. You tell him to do something and he'll go out and eat an entire package of nuts.

TheNewGirl 03-10-2011 02:55 PM

Da Fonz.

The same journal contains articles supporting more frequent eatting.

http://journals.cambridge.org/downlo...bbfbf916a408e1

Shows slightly higher physical activity but more importantly, better fat oxidation in a three meal a day over two meal a day model and that the less frequent meals may promote fat storage.

The research on it is ALL over the place.

Ideally one would carry around a blood glucose monitor and test themselves frequently, basing their eatting on the results not what their stomach tells them (cause your stomach and mouth lie, as a I learned when I had to test around the clock for 48 hours recently, you're totally right, the feeling which most of us call having low blood sugar is really us being thirsty most of the time or bored). But people don't (though I totally recommend anyone who has access to one of these with a clean needle and a container of strips does it).

I have found, personally, that the best way to keep my blood glucose at ideal levels is to graze.

But different bodies do different things, which is one of the big confounding issues with the literature.

Re: Nuts. Fat is not bad. Calories are not the issue. Sugar is the issue. Nuts are full of good fats, and fiber. A handful (not a whole bag but a handful) of walnuts or almonds is a fantastic way to get fiber, protein, iron, calcium and fat into your diet. Check out the Fat Head documentry on the tread I mentioned above.

DaFonz 03-10-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNewGirl (Post 7337082)
Da Fonz.

The same journal contains articles supporting more frequent eatting.

http://journals.cambridge.org/downlo...bbfbf916a408e1

Shows slightly higher physical activity but more importantly, better fat oxidation in a three meal a day over two meal a day model and that the less frequent meals may promote fat storage.

The research on it is ALL over the place.

Ideally one would carry around a blood glucose monitor and test themselves frequently, basing their eatting on the results not what their stomach tells them (cause your stomach and mouth lie, as a I learned when I had to test around the clock for 48 hours recently, you're totally right, the feeling which most of us call having low blood sugar is really us being thirsty most of the time or bored). But people don't (though I totally recommend anyone who has access to one of these with a clean needle and a container of strips does it).

I have found, personally, that the best way to keep my blood glucose at ideal levels is to graze.

But different bodies do different things, which is one of the big confounding issues with the literature.

Re: Nuts. Fat is not bad. Calories are not the issue. Sugar is the issue. Nuts are full of good fats, and fiber. A handful (not a whole bag but a handful) of walnuts or almonds is a fantastic way to get fiber, protein, iron, calcium and fat into your diet. Check out the Fat Head documentry on the tread I mentioned above.

Can you link to the abstract and not the direct article? I'd like to look at the test setup and the methodologies.

Regardless, I still disagree with you. Look at fasting studies for example which show that fat oxidation greatly accelerates in hr 16 of a fast. It's only when you hit the 32 hr mark that your body begins to catabolize muscle.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top...-debunked.html

On the whole calories in, calories out silliness - yes what you eat makes a difference, but calories do matter to an extent as well. Taubes (I assume if you've read fat head, you've also read good calories, bad calories) himself has said that (I cant for the life of me find it on his blog though).

As for good fats? What? Nuts are most certainly not full of good fats. They are mostly comprised of omega 6 fatty acids and further exacerbate the typical north american problem of having WAY too much omega 6s vs omega3s in their diets.

Nuts are also a pretty useless source of protein. For a handful, you get what.. 5 g? Pretty insignificant not to mention that their amino acid profile is incomplete.

geeknerd 03-10-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFonz (Post 7337006)
For fucks sake, you're not going to magically wake up one day and be jacked. Do you know how frigging hard it is to actually put on muscle?

my goal is not to be jacked, main goal is to lose weight/fat.