REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #51
One
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by domsme View Post
IF ATTS does fail, it can be simply taken out, all you need is some base parts, and it also does not hurt to drive with it not working.
Then why buy used SH in the first place?
Ive driven my friends base, and the handling is shit compared to the SH. Tires squeal around any corner, its not nice.

Ive never heard of the spring or struts being an issue, just buy the right ones, price does not differ very much. Exhaust pipe length is not even an argument, extended a base exhaust by a couple of inches and it fits, or just by the right one for the SH.

Thanks for reinforcing my original point, less parts/higher price
DD are suppose to be trouble-free, cheap and easy to get a kick out of.
Advertisement
One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #52
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
H22A4 burns or leaks oil on a Prelude. Most H22A do not, although I've seen a few that have. H22A can only be found on a JDM Type S or SiR S-Spec Prelude. Unless someone swapped one but anyways. Get a Prelude! I'm only saying that cause I drive one and I absolutely love it. I own a 97 and I get just under 500 km/h highway going from Surrey to Vancouver every weekday on 94 octane.

If you are going for the Prelude make sure its NOT AUTOMATIC.. Get the 5 speed. Most auto Prelude transmissions fail quickly.
Make sure it doesn't grind as I've heard some Preludes 5th and reverse gear grinds.
Check if the car burns or leaks any oil as well. Although H22A4 motors are common to burn or leak oil so there's not much you can do about that but there are some that are well taken care of that don't have this problem.
That's pretty much it I think...

My Prelude...

Did you decide on the VW or RSX yet? I still say Prelude

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio

Last edited by european; 03-15-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention
european is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #53
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by european View Post
I own a 97 and I get just under 500 km/h highway going from Surrey to Vancouver every weekday on 94 octane.
you put in 94 octane into your prelude? no offense, but 94 octane is for cars with forced induction and/or very high compression ratios. i dont think your car needs 94 octane man

"The value of life can be measured by how many times the soul has been deeply stirred"- Soichiro Honda
busdriverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:30 PM   #54
I am on the internets

^^eh he loves his baby.. only the best hahah
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote