REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   Lasers - Lupe Fiasco (https://www.revscene.net/forums/639848-lasers-lupe-fiasco.html)

twitchyzero 03-11-2011 11:13 PM

Lasers - Lupe Fiasco

no thread on the album yet?

G-spec 03-11-2011 11:31 PM

i was gonna make a thread two weeks ago when i downloaded it, but forgot too, didnt think anybody on RS listened to him anyway

i gotta buy the album soon as it comes out and support the greatest rapper alive, (ah fck just realized album is alreay out, gonna go buy it tomorrow, i have bought all his albums so far) i havent listened to anyone lyrics this attentively as i has Lupe's, i stopped listening after 2pac died, me against the world not all eyez on me 2pac had the best messages to the people, i feel like Lupe is carrying that load now..

best song on this album is words i never said, his lyrics are on fckin point and the message is so relevant

there is 2 or 3 songs on this album he should have dropped and replaced them with his recent mixtape songs I'm Beaming and Shining Down, they are excellent fcking songs 2 of some of the best he's done, and if they ended up on LASERS this album would be absolute perfection

Purely 03-11-2011 11:36 PM

I like Letting Go from this album.

twitchyzero 03-11-2011 11:39 PM

I guess i have to give I'm Beamin' another chance
and i know Shining Down from the recent Need for Speed game :troll:

k3lv 03-12-2011 11:25 AM

He states on an interview that "Words I never said" on this album reflects this whole album. And if most of you dont know already, this album was not going to be released because of conflicts between Atlantic records and Lupe himself. I can't remember all the words but he described Lasers as, "a little bit of them, a little bit of that, and nothing of me".

Anyways if you guys wanna find out more you can search it up on google, theres plenty of info doc'd on the topic between Atlantic and Lupe, in the future I think he'll opt out of his label and go to G.O.O.D music with his chi-town friend Kanye.

Few other songs I like from his album are "I don't wanna care right now" and "out of my head" ft Trey songz.

Dope album LUPE! Keep beastin

twitchyzero 03-12-2011 02:09 PM

apparently lupE.N.D (his next album) will be his last solo studio album

hotjoint 03-14-2011 06:57 AM

wicked album

Jsunu 03-14-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k3lv (Post 7340171)
He states on an interview that "Words I never said" on this album reflects this whole album. And if most of you dont know already, this album was not going to be released because of conflicts between Atlantic records and Lupe himself. I can't remember all the words but he described Lasers as, "a little bit of them, a little bit of that, and nothing of me".

Anyways if you guys wanna find out more you can search it up on google, theres plenty of info doc'd on the topic between Atlantic and Lupe, in the future I think he'll opt out of his label and go to G.O.O.D music with his chi-town friend Kanye.

Few other songs I like from his album are "I don't wanna care right now" and "out of my head" ft Trey songz.

Dope album LUPE! Keep beastin

Just goes to show that lupe can still release an awesome album in a mist of studio conflict/strife.

RESN 03-14-2011 09:46 AM

I hate how you can hear the label influence in EVERY song . except for Words I Never Said and All Black Everything where you can hear his style. the sounds a lot more mainstream I guess? Imo I Dont Wanna Care Right Now sounds like garbage.. lol and the song featuring Trey Songz is alright... if you imagined it was a Drake track featuring Lupe and Drake got cut out :D

Now that I see it, its like Atlantic is trying to birth another B.o.B. They saw the success that B.o.B. had for them last year and are trying to mold Lupe into another B.o.B. which is sad because it was B.o.B who bit alot of Lupe's styles like his mannerisms and movements. sorta like how Drake tries to be like Kanye.

Here Lupe says his next album will go harder
Quote:

"There's no attempt to get on the radio, except maybe once, thus far, it's still a work in progress. It's a harder album — the beats are way harder. It's not about being progressive. It's not about making music, which is weird [to say]. It's 'let's make some really hard-ass songs.'"

-Rapper and cultural lightning rod Lupe Fiasco, who just released his third album L.A.S.E.R.S. after a long series of delays. Fiasco began talking about his third album right after the release of his second (that was The Cool, which came out at the end of 2007), but label woes kept the album on the shelf, and it took a heated fan campaign to finally get the thing released. And even now that it is finally in stores, Fiasco is less than happy with it. In interviews, he has been talking about his own lukewarm reaction to L.A.S.E.R.S. and noting that he is already working on putting the album behind him.

The new album even has a name: Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor 2, which revisits Fiasco's landmark debut album Food & Liquor. But it's not a sequel or a remake — just the return of a cool phrase. "It's not an attempt to remake Food & Liquor," Fiasco told MTV News' Jayson Rodriguez during an interview. "It's not any attempt to reshape it or reintroduce it. I just think Food & Liquor was a dope title and I wanted to use it again."

RESN 03-14-2011 09:55 AM

oh and this song was rumored to be on Lasers back in 09
pretty chill song

akalic 03-14-2011 10:16 AM

jeez I hope he lives up to the food & liquor masterpiece if he's going to re-use that name..

you can tell amidst the manufactured label garbage over Lupe's rapping, the songs he had complete freedom over are really damn good

but my opinions on the album...

i think it's terrible except for 2 songs (words i never said, all black everything)
it's a disgrace of an album to every thing he's stood up for and rapped about on his last two albums
the beats are so uninspiring and it tries so hard to be a top hit seller
there's nothing lupe about this album...just go listen to his older stuff
i'd skip this album completely

RESN 03-14-2011 10:22 AM

I think he's always had Food & Liquor 2 in mind. The rumors were around for a LONGGGG time. I think he will deliver. I read somewhere that Lupe says that in his career, there should only be 3 of his albums you should judge his music on (Lasers not one of them). Food & Liquor definitely on the top 3.

ShanghaiKid 03-14-2011 11:44 AM

break the chain
all black everything
show goes on
words i never said

those are the tracks i enjoyed

unit 03-14-2011 02:15 PM

meh. not a great one from lupe

skholla 03-14-2011 03:38 PM

im a huge lupe fan, first two projects were amazing, this one is hot garbage. a couple stand out tracks have already been mentioned, the rest have wack beats and lupe still delivers but the whole forced sound on this project is sad. ive seen him live a couple times and most recently in seattle last year where he performed tracks of the original lasers albums. damn i wish we had that to listen too...

lupe on 360 deals & future of hip hop

lupe on tavis smiley
http://bossip.com/354654/lupe-fiasco...re-video69691/

Lupe Fiasco Says Atlantic Records Is Holding Him Hostage
Quote:

Just days after admitting that he “hated” his LASERS album, a new interview with Lupe Fiasco has surfaced where he claims his record label is holding him hostage.

The We Are Lasers head sat down with Chicago's Sun Times to speak on the process of making the project and revealed that he felt like he was being ‘held up' by the label.

“I was specifically told” — Fiasco chuckled — “‘Don't rap too deep on this record.'” He laughed some more. “That was a specific order from the top. ‘You're rapping too fast or too slow, or it's too complex.' …
There are consequences and combat that comes from that process and the eventual compromise. With me, though, I'm not writing about someone else. I'm writing about me. This is my life. It's very personal for me. So for somebody to kind of put their fingers in that and play with that, it becomes more damaging.”

He adds more specifically,
“I am a hostage. I gave them what they wanted. If I didn't, at the end of the day the album wasn't coming out.”

Lupe has had very public issues with Atlantic Records in the past, culminating with a petition from fans for the label to release his album.

ky 03-14-2011 03:46 PM

Words I Never Said ft. Skylar Grey

So good.

beanzzz 03-15-2011 08:57 AM

twitchyzero 03-16-2011 04:35 PM

after having a good listen..i can see why people are saying this cd has more mainstream feel and i agree..but that shouldn't discredit the impact of his lyrics.

liu13 03-17-2011 10:26 PM

FLOPPPP

even lupe said he's a bit disappointed in some of the songs

illicitstylz 03-17-2011 11:00 PM

i'm liking the album , out of my head, show goes on, break the chain, never forget you, coming up

ToneCapone 03-28-2011 02:55 AM

Really liking the album.
With all the mentioned songs, add "till i get there". I was super depressed and unhappy with some shit then somehow this song just made me forget abt it all - even if just for a few minutes. I was listenin to it with headphones and the during the chorus I smiled, that smile allowed me to hear the song louder (I guess its the position of the the headphones), then I just kept smiling n singin along.... and holy fuck I just did a mental front flip.

Never really knew much about Lupe until now. Now I am goin to work backwards and discover this guy...

twitchyzero 03-28-2011 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-ternal-3 (Post 7364247)
Really liking the album.
With all the mentioned songs, add "till i get there".

yep it's already in the initial post...it was the first non-single track to catch my attention too.

ToneCapone 03-28-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 7364370)
yep it's already in the initial post...it was the first non-single track to catch my attention too.

Dang I scanned the thread twice and totally didn't see it.

Wongtouski 03-29-2011 08:13 PM

What a crap album for Lupe standards, can't believe we wanted so long for this pos

FN-2199 03-29-2011 08:18 PM

Not digging the whole album too much, but Till I Get There and I'll Never Forget You really caught my ears. I've always loved John Legend, and him + Lupe is gold. Definitely a change from Lupe's usual routine.
Posted via RS Mobile