REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The Business and Financial Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/business-financial-forum_303/)
-   -   Quattro Living surrey (https://www.revscene.net/forums/639853-quattro-living-surrey.html)

tecra2 03-12-2011 08:05 AM

Quattro Living surrey

Any insights on these condos?

looking to buy/investment. Starting is about 148k which is dirt cheap.

Neoxphuse 03-15-2011 06:34 PM

We were originally going to buy one but decided to buy a house. If you're starting out or single, it's probably good. But the cheapest ones are the one with a bedroom/den, and that's about it.

One with 2-bedrooms/loft which we were planning was just under 300. But I would consider it, especially with the way the neighbourhood is going down right now.

tecra2 03-16-2011 07:41 AM

I just realized that pharse 3 hasn't started.. only pre-sale. Wanted to move into to something now.

LiquidTurbo 04-03-2011 10:35 PM

Is it worth it to buy something like this and not necessarily move in? Just like, buy it as investment and then sell it later or something?
Posted via RS Mobile

Armind 04-04-2011 12:20 AM

Buddy rented last year.. that place is dirty. There's literally dog shit in the elevator and around the entrance on his level.

jameswift 04-05-2011 08:25 AM

Never buy in this development.

1. If you plan on renting it out, you have to remember that this area is still junkie central. People that are professionals are not going to be wanting to rent in such a place and even a working couple that have regular jobs are not going to enjoy being around that environment. That leave all the lower rung of society that you'll have to deal with. I've been there and done that before and it sucks. You don't get your rent on time. You don't get your rent at all. Your place is trashed.

2. While the area is seeing an increase in development and no doubt in the distant future, there will be price increases, it's still a long way down the road. This is the same problem that happened in Vancouver with the new developments created in junkie neighbourhoods. It doesn't matter how nice the building in an area is. The building doesn't change the area. It may give that perception in the immediate such as the Infinity Towers near King George Station (huge price increases) but it's over inflated.

I mean, $300k for that project when you can live in Vancouver for $400?

3. Investment and money aside, do you really want to live there? If you want good prices and don't mind living in the Surrey region there are other choices in areas that are far better. Yes, the building might be a bit older and the price may be a bit higher but what does that tell you? It means it's probably a better area.

People talked a lot of trash to me when I said Woodwards project and Olympic Village wouldn't see my chequebook because you cannot mix a good building with hobos and junkies. It doesn't work and it's not working. Quattro is no different.

At the end of the day though, it's up to you. I know a lot of people that purchased in Phase 1 and jumped on 3 or 4 places at once. Those are most of the people that are hyping it up now so that they can sell those places because they know it sucks.

Developers are always going to tell you their building is awesome because they need to sell inventory. Credible sources unfortunately have too much to gain to tell you not to do something.

blkgsr 04-05-2011 08:46 AM

People talked a lot of trash to me when I said Woodwards project and Olympic Village wouldn't see my chequebook because you cannot mix a good building with hobos and junkies. It doesn't work and it's not working. Quattro is no different.

you know that the Olympic Village social housing never was intended for "hobos and junkies" right

it was always intended for teachings/cops/firemen etc that are working in vancouver and starting out and not making enough money to actually live in vancouver

Tapioca 04-05-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armind (Post 7374354)
Buddy rented last year.. that place is dirty. There's literally dog shit in the elevator and around the entrance on his level.

This type of issue is a property management problem. My building suffered the same types of issues in the first year, but once the strata and property management started getting punitive (i.e. issuing fines for anyone caught), the sidewalks cleaned up in a hurry.

jameswift 04-07-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkgsr (Post 7376285)

you know that the Olympic Village social housing never was intended for "hobos and junkies" right

it was always intended for teachings/cops/firemen etc that are working in vancouver and starting out and not making enough money to actually live in vancouver

While they didn't build it for junkies and hobos, there were plenty of them hanging around. The concept of building something nice and it will somehow change an area is a very long process that has mixed results.

This is why location is so important.

tecra2 04-10-2011 11:40 AM

Just starting to look into real estate.. any recommandations on readings etc?

also .. which buildings are worth looking at for living in for 2 years.. then renting out ?