REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quattro Living surrey

Any insights on these condos?

looking to buy/investment. Starting is about 148k which is dirt cheap.
Advertisement
tecra2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

We were originally going to buy one but decided to buy a house. If you're starting out or single, it's probably good. But the cheapest ones are the one with a bedroom/den, and that's about it.

One with 2-bedrooms/loft which we were planning was just under 300. But I would consider it, especially with the way the neighbourhood is going down right now.
<div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://social.zune.net//xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf?ver=1192" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.zune.net%2f zcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3fzunetag%3dbedheadfr 3d%26src%3dlarge&MMplayerType=PlugIn" height="260" width="548"></div>
Neoxphuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #3

I just realized that pharse 3 hasn't started.. only pre-sale. Wanted to move into to something now.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Is it worth it to buy something like this and not necessarily move in? Just like, buy it as investment and then sell it later or something?
Posted via RS Mobile
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:20 AM   #5
God of Unce

Buddy rented last year.. that place is dirty. There's literally dog shit in the elevator and around the entrance on his level.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:25 AM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

Never buy in this development.

1. If you plan on renting it out, you have to remember that this area is still junkie central. People that are professionals are not going to be wanting to rent in such a place and even a working couple that have regular jobs are not going to enjoy being around that environment. That leave all the lower rung of society that you'll have to deal with. I've been there and done that before and it sucks. You don't get your rent on time. You don't get your rent at all. Your place is trashed.

2. While the area is seeing an increase in development and no doubt in the distant future, there will be price increases, it's still a long way down the road. This is the same problem that happened in Vancouver with the new developments created in junkie neighbourhoods. It doesn't matter how nice the building in an area is. The building doesn't change the area. It may give that perception in the immediate such as the Infinity Towers near King George Station (huge price increases) but it's over inflated.

I mean, $300k for that project when you can live in Vancouver for $400?

3. Investment and money aside, do you really want to live there? If you want good prices and don't mind living in the Surrey region there are other choices in areas that are far better. Yes, the building might be a bit older and the price may be a bit higher but what does that tell you? It means it's probably a better area.

People talked a lot of trash to me when I said Woodwards project and Olympic Village wouldn't see my chequebook because you cannot mix a good building with hobos and junkies. It doesn't work and it's not working. Quattro is no different.

At the end of the day though, it's up to you. I know a lot of people that purchased in Phase 1 and jumped on 3 or 4 places at once. Those are most of the people that are hyping it up now so that they can sell those places because they know it sucks.

Developers are always going to tell you their building is awesome because they need to sell inventory. Credible sources unfortunately have too much to gain to tell you not to do something.
jameswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #7
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

People talked a lot of trash to me when I said Woodwards project and Olympic Village wouldn't see my chequebook because you cannot mix a good building with hobos and junkies. It doesn't work and it's not working. Quattro is no different.

you know that the Olympic Village social housing never was intended for "hobos and junkies" right

it was always intended for teachings/cops/firemen etc that are working in vancouver and starting out and not making enough money to actually live in vancouver
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #8
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,438 Times in 1,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armind View Post
Buddy rented last year.. that place is dirty. There's literally dog shit in the elevator and around the entrance on his level.
This type of issue is a property management problem. My building suffered the same types of issues in the first year, but once the strata and property management started getting punitive (i.e. issuing fines for anyone caught), the sidewalks cleaned up in a hurry.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post

you know that the Olympic Village social housing never was intended for "hobos and junkies" right

it was always intended for teachings/cops/firemen etc that are working in vancouver and starting out and not making enough money to actually live in vancouver
While they didn't build it for junkies and hobos, there were plenty of them hanging around. The concept of building something nice and it will somehow change an area is a very long process that has mixed results.

This is why location is so important.
jameswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #10

Just starting to look into real estate.. any recommandations on readings etc?

also .. which buildings are worth looking at for living in for 2 years.. then renting out ?