REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,371
Thanked 758 Times in 237 Posts
Family doctor recommendation

I read the sticky and the site gives me a list of doctors in Vancouver but I don't know anything about them so I was hoping for some recommendations from people.

Long story short, my GP sucks, he talks to you for 2 seconds and sends you on your way. Talked to the receptionist and she even told me other patients complained too. Someone recommend me a good doctor (preferably a caucasian one as I'm fed up with asian doctors).

I'm hoping to do a full body checkup and get blood work done (check test levels, cAMP, cortisol, other hormones etc.)

Also, is there anything I can say to get them to allow me to do a full blood test? My friend (who is also planning on switching doctors) said his doctor denied him because he was not over 40?


Oleophobic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS
Nocardia's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 2,455
Thanked 65 Times in 39 Posts
I would say go to your friends doctor, he seems reasonable.
You don't need all those blood tests unless there are specific reasons and unless you present with symptoms, they are a waste of tax-payers money. A standard blood screen would suffice as a baseline, but even for pts over 40, many don't get random cortisol levels.

I know what cAMP is from school but where in the world did you come up with needing that to be tested for?
**Resonant Engineering, Xtant, Focal, Pioneer**
Nocardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:03 AM   #3
I am Hook'd on RS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: vancouver
Posts: 72
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
It's harder to find a new GP when you already have one. As most GP who are accepting new patients won't accept ppl who already have one.
kalekain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,767
Thanked 442 Times in 213 Posts
how do you go about finding one if you don't have one already?

and a female one? i don't want a dude foldling my balls and sticking his finger up my butt
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc. cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of