REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

North America Imports, Its Slowly Slipping Away, Spread the word, Discuss & Educate

Hello Vancouver, I'm new to this forum, but not new to the scene, I wanted to reach out to you guys and get some input on this subject...

Many of you, are by now aware that SOMETHING is going on in North America in relation to the whole Skyline import, Right hand drive car fiasco... There are those of us who love what we do, and are very passionate about our cars, and there are others that are trying to take away our dreams from us.

Recently one of our Authors @ The SkyLife has been deeply involved in the U.S. scandal involving illegally registered skylines, which are now being seized by the government one by one, Sean (the Author) has been trying very hard to get the message out there that people need to be aware that this is happening.

whether they think their car is legal or not, it just makes sense to inform yourself, and learn how to protect yourself. Sean has been offering advice to those in need and doing his best to get the word out there, as to which steps to follow to protect your cars.

Anyways, with all that going on, I ended up having a discussion with him about why Skylines are illegal in the USA, which made me realize that, what the U.S. has done, is not so different then what we are now going through here in Canada.

The motives seem all too familiar to be coincidence, heres the link to my Response: http://www.skylife4ever.com/2011/03/...o-this-is.html

And heres the link to Sean's original post: http://www.gtrusablog.com/2011/03/th...kyline-is.html

Whether you think this will affect you or not is not the issue, a time may come when each one of us may come under fire for doing the things we love, when a small population of enthusiasts is under attack, I believe it is our duty as fellow enthusiasts to inform ourselves, spread the word, and most of all, EDUCATE the public who knows otherwise nothing of our passion, and show them that we are not the enemy, we are merely being cast in a negative light by those with vested interests in seeing our ability to continue doing what we love, diminished.

I'm posting this for all the reasons stated above, I'm not making any specific claims really, or judging anyone, I'm merely hoping that we can start the biggest discussion possible on this subject, get the word out there, and hopefully, by some miracle, influence public opinion on our cause.

For those of you in other parts of the world, I would REALLY like to hear what kind of grief if any you had to go through to register and plate your cars, and what sort of procedures you must follow to comply with regulation.

So, Post a response if you care and agree, but even more importantly post a response if you disagree, explain any perspective you may have, and if you can't be bothered to post for either for of those reasons. Then post to show your support for those who must stand in face of adversity, and pray that you are not one day in their position.
Advertisement
archaeic_bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

Please don't take this as a dismissal or flame, but rather constructive criticism that may make your message more effective.

Firstly, I sincerely applaud your passion. Secondly, reading your post makes my brain hurt.

Tidy up the sequence of logic and thought and form your sentences more coherently, rather than using an endless sequence of commas. We generally do not write like we speak. I am guessing that your predicament will eventually involve writing letters to legislators; these letters will be better received if they are written in a coherent and convincing manner.

Good luck.
Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

....oddly enough I thought that myself, but after thousands have already read the message, you are the first person to mention this, and I agree with you that its written exactly as a conversation might take place...

I usually write in a very orderly concise scientific manner (check out the technical write-ups I've done on fuel injectors as evidence of that), as by training I am a Physicist... but this conversational style of writing has allowed more of the public, and those who are less logic based to be able to relate to the issue.

cross country high-five for thinking a-like though lol
archaeic_bloke is offline   Reply With Quote