REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 03-22-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,392 Times in 503 Posts
The Lunchbox Laboratory

As per another thread, bcrdukes posted "The Lunchbox Laboratory" in Seattle. I made my way just for their burger.

Let's get the details out of the way.
http://lunchboxlaboratory.com/ (watch the movie clip on the right)
1253 thomas street Seattle 11 am - 11 pm

I got there after a long drive exit 160ish and i went down there for just a burger. As you can see, it's a really really big burger. You go in, and this place is a lot nicer than before (it was a dump before). There are TVs on the walls, 25 feet ceilings, decorated with old lunch boxes in the center. It's a nice joint with a lot of people. You have to wait to get seated but how long does eating a burger take so it wasn't a long wait. (it was saint patty week, but still).

The burgers are unique as in they are huge, buns grilled and crispy and they have unique names. I'm not talking about "angus burger with crispy onions on top" type burger at Red Robins, but Burger of the Gods, Tear jerker, the Dork etc. Burger of the Gods I believe had blue cheese, tear jerker = Habanero Aioli with tons of other peppers and the dork is pork and duck.

I had a burger (i forgot the name) but it had caramelized onions and it was just amazing. Someone also had the turkey bacon burger but the basil, sun dried tomatos chutney was just amazing.

You can choose the sides that you want; yam fries, fries, potato salad, etc.

My friends weren't a huge fans of just burgers but they did enjoy it. It was tad over priced at 13 ish dollars (versus 13 dollars for pasta at olive garden / cheesecake factory) but we had a great time. Burgers were memorable and something we haven't had before. Milkshakes are great, and green beer sure helped.

Food 8.5 - 9 /10
Service 8/10
Decor 9/10

Would I go back.. mehhh maybe, it's quite a far drive. The outlets are at 200, but once you get to exit 160 ish, you hit downtown seattle and it's really busy. pay parking on the street is an option and it's the only method of parking. Since it's a bit out of the way, but the fact you can finish within 1.5 hours... it was ok.
Advertisement

Even if you win, you're still retarded.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 6,596 Times in 2,598 Posts

Got pix?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
【=◈‿◈=】

Thanked 8,881 Times in 2,011 Posts
that tear jerker sounds delicious lol im heading down just for that!

Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,392 Times in 503 Posts
these aren't pictures of mine cause I didn't bring the camera.

pretty sure this was the Gods burger with the carmalized onions.

Even if you win, you're still retarded.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
RS Veteran

Thanked 6,596 Times in 2,598 Posts
Nice!

I'll side with you on this one. The Lunchbox Laboratory is definitely out of the way, hidden off the I-5. I would not bend over backwards to go to this place UNLESS I was in the Seattle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote